Sponsored By:

Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 09:18 AM
jeebus31
Three Wheelin'

Received 422 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by rainer
there must be something wrong with your steering wheel itself. Or some coding messed up.

you cannot change the power it gets heated, but you should check the threshold temperatures coded.
I believe upper threshold for heating it up is around 40 degrees centigrade. Beyond that, it stops heating any further.
If that value is set too low, steering wheel will not heat up properly. I‘ve seen 3 retrofits in a Macan and in all cases the defaults values were the same and ok. Not sure you changed some of the threshold values?

Temp sensor sits at the lower part of the wheel, close to the area where the switch resides, just FYI.

(EDIT): Here's the coding values you may want to check:
(Not sure how your launch might translate those, engineering FAP always throws out those values in German)

Zieltemperatur Lenkradheizung 35 °C (read as "target temperature")
Einschaltschwelle Lenkradheizung -12.0 °C (read as "lower threshold" from where it starts to heat)
Ausschaltschwelle Lenkradheizung 40.0 °C (read as "upper threshold", beyond that temp it stops heating any further")
Zeit Kurzzeitmemory Lenkradheizung 180 s (second) (read as "short term memory steering heating" - I have no clue what it steers. possibly 3 minutes memory in case you stop the engine and restart or something like that)
Thanks very much. I didn’t touch any settings other than activating the heated wheel option. I’ll poke around and see what comes up.

FWIW my wife says it’s heating her hands enough, so maybe I’ll just count my blessings and leave it alone
Old 12-14-2021, 09:48 AM
rainer
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Ok, but I just advice to check the default values in this case of retrofit. The values above are taken from Macans, just make sure that the correct values have been configured in your case from the factory.
I would be surprised of any deviation, but you never know... maybe there are cases in cars which came w/o heated steering where values are just not coded correctly ...
The following users liked this post:
jeebus31 (12-14-2021)
Old 12-14-2021, 11:01 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,304 Likes on 1,370 Posts

I need to find that on VAG-COM for my Touareg as I have the same issue after (years ago retrofitting a heated steering wheel) with very little heat. Now where did I put those notes... Thanks @rainer !

siberian
Old 12-15-2021, 10:25 AM
sac02
Pro

Received 199 Likes on 139 Posts

I asked this in the Panamera forum a couple days ago but got no response, so I figured I'd try my luck here (this coding discussion seems much more active).

I just did a bunch of coding. I wanted to do two more items that I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere but can't remember:

1. Turn off the "passenger airbag off" warning light in the overhead console.

2. Change the speed at which the rear view camera turns off. Currently the camera comes on in reverse, and then stays on when in drive until about 11mph - I'd like to change that to like 5mph.

If anyone remembers where these are, I'd appreciate it!
Old 12-15-2021, 12:40 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,304 Likes on 1,370 Posts

John McLean said he managed to turn off the seat belt sign and I think he has a 991 but what he conveyed didn't work on my 2021 992. I've diligently looked but so far like *** I've not been able to defeat either of them.

The second item was also reported by someone - try the Coding 992 threads. HTH

siberian
Old 12-15-2021, 07:58 PM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 174 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by sac02
I asked this in the Panamera forum a couple days ago but got no response, so I figured I'd try my luck here (this coding discussion seems much more active).

I just did a bunch of coding. I wanted to do two more items that I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere but can't remember:

1. Turn off the "passenger airbag off" warning light in the overhead console.

2. Change the speed at which the rear view camera turns off. Currently the camera comes on in reverse, and then stays on when in drive until about 11mph - I'd like to change that to like 5mph.

If anyone remembers where these are, I'd appreciate it!
I got a 2011 CS. I cam check next time I tinker with launch. I think the camera settings are rear end electronics
Old 12-23-2021, 06:11 AM
mikegally
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 40 Posts

I want to replace my front 8-way seats to 14-way.
Any ideas on coding before I buy.
I have Launch X431 but its locked in to 23.85 so navigation is tricky as my German is zero.
Old 12-23-2021, 03:04 PM
imalek
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is not fully fixed, still some menu entries are showing German
Old 12-27-2021, 04:57 PM
coffeeisgood
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by sac02;17845189
[color=#222222
1. Turn off the "passenger airbag off" warning light in the overhead console. [/color]
I did this with a piece of black electrical tape
Old 12-28-2021, 01:34 PM
jonUF02
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mikegally
I want to replace my front 8-way seats to 14-way.
Any ideas on coding before I buy.
I have Launch X431 but its locked in to 23.85 so navigation is tricky as my German is zero.
I'm sure this coding could be changed. I don't think it requires any special "feature" activation code.
Old 01-19-2022, 03:47 PM
1thenaton1
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jonUF02
@1thenaton1 I verified this coding for you today to eliminate use of the rear sunblinds. Here is the location in the menu of my X431 V Pro (8" tablet version)

Select module for door; rear left or right > Code/brush Hiding > Brush Hidden/Modified > Control Unit Coding > Control unit coding_0 > Control unit coding -- Vehicle coding 2 -- Sunblind

At this point you can set the feature from Active to Inactive, then Write and it disables the rear passenger sun blind. I hit the window button and the shade never moved but the window did. Set back to Active and resumed normal operation of the sunblind with window switch.

Cheers!
I just want to give a big shouout to jonUFO2 for taking the time last month to help me with this. Today I was finally able to visit with my mechanic friend and inactivate this feature, which restored function to my rear windows. I am going to post a thread about this as I am sure it will help others. But thanks JonUFO2, you the man!
Old 01-19-2022, 05:41 PM
mikegally
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by jonUF02
I'm sure this coding could be changed. I don't think it requires any special "feature" activation code.
Thanks, I suspect youre right but i was hoping someone had done this swap successfully and can confirm its all working.
I dont want to buy the seats without a guarantee it will work.
Old 01-19-2022, 10:57 PM
niaditmas
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Program

what program is this your using is it piwis?

Originally Posted by 9000RPM
This thread is all about coding our Porsche Cayenne. Let's share our findings!
I will update this table of contents so it will be easier as this thread grows. Please PM me if I forget to add yours. MODS, feel free to edit.

List of people that can help you code. If you want to help other members, PM me and I'll add you to the list below.
  • @9000RPM - Princeton, NJ. PM for details. Only available on Sundays.
  • @sterod - Great Toronto Area, Canada. PM for details.
  • @volcanogts - Rindge, NH. PM for details.

All these codings are done with a Launch X431 V+. I'm not promoting this company. People are asking if other launch x431 models that are cheaper can do it, I don't know. If you decide to try it, let us know here as well and I'll update the info.
  • - bfly reported that the Launch x431 Diagun IV has the coding feature.
  • - Launch x431 PROS Mini is confirmed to work
  • ​​​​​​- darrenbt reported that his iCarScan running Porsche 23.20 DOES NOT have the coding feature. Confirmed that iCarScan does not have coding.

::WARNING::WARNING::WARNING::WARNING::WARNING::
In the coding menu, there is an option for "Online Coding" If you select it, this popup box will show. I don't know what factory settings means in this context, whether it's factory default as in how it was originally programmed or factory default all to ZERO. I don't know and I'm not brave enough to find out, so I advise you to don't play with that.
You can read about that one time when I actually did hit the "Restore Default Setting" and completely zeroed out my parking brake module here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...ing-brake.html

I'm also including a link to the thread I made for my 2014 base model that includes all its default coding values for each module. Might be a good backup reference.
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...ding-list.html

Also in post #2, there's a photo of a selection showing "Back Up All Coding", it doesn't work. It fails and kicks you back to the main screen. So please keep a record of changes you make by taking screenshots.

Now the final disclaimer: DO NOT hold me responsible if anything goes wrong!
Old 01-19-2022, 11:55 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

All these codings are done with a Launch X431 V+
Old 01-19-2022, 11:59 PM
niaditmas
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Program

so that has a version of 23. I’m using a clone and I’m trying to figure out if the 18.5 is the latest on piwis

Originally Posted by dollarlongnecks

All these codings are done with a Launch X431 V+

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion