Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 02:26 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 573 Likes on 343 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Paul. These were taken this evening on the iPhone down at the local break before sunset and dinner. Plenty of nice scenery here LOL!
Don't want to be picky but the WB model's spoiler curtain looks like it's broken....
Old 02-11-2015, 02:30 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Glad you picked up on that John. Must say it brought a tear to my eye too when I noticed this afternoon....
Old 02-11-2015, 03:31 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
I use Tore's cable that allows a laptop to connect to the car and then use freeware to read faults and do adaptations. It's not as fully featured as the workshop computer as you can't do C4 brake bleeds but it's a good start.

Next step if the adaptation doesn't fix your idle is to clean the ISV. Very easy.

Air circulation system woes are well documented on Tore's site. I'll look up the page and post a link.
Thanks John. I'm really interested in the adaption setup you have. I'd like to get some more info if that's ok? Don't really want to spring for a hammer and it really is a pain to go to the shop every time.

I've cleaned the ISV and have a new one in storage. It hasn't made much difference. The adaption helps but its still a little fluffy but manageable.

I've had a look through Tore's site. Bit of a gold mine there

http://www.bergvillfx.com

The T lock system is well worth it. Remote locking doors, just like a modern car.
Cheers, i'll look into that a bit more
Old 02-11-2015, 03:39 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 573 Likes on 343 Posts

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
Thanks John. I'm really interested in the adaption setup you have. I'd like to get some more info if that's ok? Don't really want to spring for a hammer and it really is a pain to go to the shop every time. I've cleaned the ISV and have a new one in storage. It hasn't made much difference. The adaption helps but its still a little fluffy but manageable. I've had a look through Tore's site. Bit of a gold mine there Cheers, i'll look into that a bit more
You are welcome to borrow the cable and see if you can connect.

What is your ECU #? Maybe try connecting my spare ECU to see if the Steve Wong chip solves the idle, albeit Lola has first dibs on borrowing that longer term as long as I'm not overtaken on the track

Happy to help when I get back to NZ. In the meantime order the the remote lock. It's worth it.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:14 AM
Luke944
Rennlist Member

Mrphil, indeed they were very generous with the car. The detail on is is spectacular so I can see why Clarkson rates it so highly. They let me have a sit and then they fired it up. The noise is pretty amazing- right up there like a CGT. If you look carefully there's my 993 sulking in the car park across the road.
Attached Images    
Old 02-11-2015, 04:28 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 110 Posts

The reshape was needed at each end due to it flaring out about from about 4cm from the back edge. Hair dryer for 10 minutes has all but sorted that out.

The shape is fine, but the plastic finish is not, as you can see from the closeup pic. It's limited to the area you can see, with a similar patch of rough finish on each side. I need to deal with it, but can wait for the weekend when I have more time.
Originally Posted by mrphil
you have any close up pictures? how is it after you reshaped it with heat?

it looks pretty good from the picture you posted
It should be noted that the 996 lips we bought in look much better in terms of finish quality, and were half the price (as are the 997 GT3 equivalents) of the 997 Turbo ones I purchased... EBay sellers are taking advantage of the American modding community, as these lips were at least half the price they currently are until someone posted a thread on 6speed and a ton of guys went and bought them, resulting in all the sellers hiking the price. Can't blame them really!!
Attached Images    
Old 02-11-2015, 04:42 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

You are welcome to borrow the cable and see if you can connect.

What is your ECU #? Maybe try connecting my spare ECU to see if the Steve Wong chip solves the idle, albeit Lola has first dibs on borrowing that longer term as long as I'm not overtaken on the track

Happy to help when I get back to NZ. In the meantime order the the remote lock. It's worth it.
Thanks John. I'll take you up on that. I've been reading up on the software. I have a SW chip as well but it might be worth a go to try your ECU
Old 02-11-2015, 05:30 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
Perfect combo. It must be done
Dave that "turd" is anything but. Perfect colour. Removing the shark fins has raised it another level again. Love it!
Old 02-11-2015, 11:26 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, thanks, it's come up well. Still have to get motivated and sort out the rear lid paint. All parts have arrived from Pelican and design 911 for the final push.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:06 PM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Nice GT3RS http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-846147547.htm
Old 02-11-2015, 02:20 PM
mjharrisonnz
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
And a solid price as well which makes me happy with my acquisition of one last year.....
Old 02-11-2015, 02:33 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Paul thats the RS that was being traded 4 weeks ago when I was at Gillies (same day I came and paid a visit your house). It looks like a really nice example for a collector....
Old 02-11-2015, 02:35 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

We will see a few more RS come on the market as people get ready to take their 991GT3RS on board this year.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:46 PM
mrphil
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Luke944
Mrphil, indeed they were very generous with the car. The detail on is is spectacular so I can see why Clarkson rates it so highly. They let me have a sit and then they fired it up. The noise is pretty amazing- right up there like a CGT. If you look carefully there's my 993 sulking in the car park across the road.
It's nice of Lexus letting us get up close and personal.

Originally Posted by nzskater
The reshape was needed at each end due to it flaring out about from about 4cm from the back edge. Hair dryer for 10 minutes has all but sorted that out.

The shape is fine, but the plastic finish is not, as you can see from the closeup pic. It's limited to the area you can see, with a similar patch of rough finish on each side. I need to deal with it, but can wait for the weekend when I have more time.

It should be noted that the 996 lips we bought in look much better in terms of finish quality, and were half the price (as are the 997 GT3 equivalents) of the 997 Turbo ones I purchased... EBay sellers are taking advantage of the American modding community, as these lips were at least half the price they currently are until someone posted a thread on 6speed and a ton of guys went and bought them, resulting in all the sellers hiking the price. Can't blame them really!!
The fittment is pretty good, a shame about the finish. Would a light sand fix it?

How much did it cost landed for the lip?

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
that's pretty
Old 02-11-2015, 03:14 PM
Garry D
Instructor

Originally Posted by Macca
Paul thats the RS that was being traded 4 weeks ago when I was at Gillies (same day I came and paid a visit your house). It looks like a really nice example for a collector....
Mark , that car would require a good PPI for a collector , as it's been well used for it's intended purpose .

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?