Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 01:00 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater
Don't be afraid of the tip, it has really grown on me although probably makes the Turbo a less dramatic car (even more so on the 997). The dark blue cab 997 is a better buy than either of the other two 996's IMO.
I could live with a tip if it came with paddles but not in its current configuration on the 996.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:05 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
I could live with a tip if it came with paddles but not in its current configuration on the 996.
You can retrofit them (on the 997 you can use the OEM PDK wheel along with a controller module and a bit of coding via PIWIS); I was going to but figured my money was better spent on an exhaust and a tune.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:40 AM
shiraz
Racer

Costs nothing to just move the stick with your left hand - used to do this in 928GTS (right hand though - Germany). 928 is one car that really should have had tiptr.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:08 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mrphil
here is a few quick snaps this afternoon
Lovely! Agree that the white/black combo is killer.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:53 AM
Ndewar
Instructor

Really nice one Phil. Well done . I know you will get to love her more and more . They provide a constantly involving and evolving set of experiences , driven by adrenalin and seasoned by the smell of oil,clutch and burning rubber, never mind the leather interior. All you need to do is coax the performance out of her that your abilities and timetable permit.
Oh yes , and avoid the wet track days.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:06 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

This http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-803114369.htm + this http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/02/...tiv-biest-rsr/ =

ok not quite a GT3 but would be a cool hotrod project all the same

You could always low ball offer on this one as a base car http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-826630960.htm
Old 02-09-2015, 03:07 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Ndewar
Really nice one Phil. Well done . I know you will get to love her more and more . They provide a constantly involving and evolving set of experiences , driven by adrenalin and seasoned by the smell of oil,clutch and burning rubber, never mind the leather interior. All you need to do is coax the performance out of her that your abilities and timetable permit. Oh yes , and avoid the wet track days.
Come on Neil, you need to link video
Old 02-09-2015, 04:28 AM
mrphil
Intermediate

Thanks everyone, still getting used to the clutch and gearbox, getting back into the Bmw seems very weird and makes it feels like a corolla now

Woah! That spin is insane, you're a very lucky man Neil
Old 02-09-2015, 04:59 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

here is a few quick snaps this afternoon
Looks great. Well done mate!

As the resident detailing geek i've gotta say that vacuuming between the cage would be a right PITA However, I would put up with it gladly
Old 02-09-2015, 12:02 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

This http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-803114369.htm + this http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/02/...tiv-biest-rsr/ =

You could always low ball offer on this one as a base car http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-826630960.htm
Mate. You always find the gold aye! That RSR recreation is the t*ts! I think the 60K 6.2.3 on TM is the way to start for sure. Better pick up points for true RSR components sources ex race team brokwn bin around the world which would be the most cost effective way to do this project. The brakes are outrageous and I just love the wheels. Anyway you look at that RSR its a 100KNZD + project ontop of donor car to get it even 80% as good as the car in the feature. It must be wickedly fast at the Ring (didnt yet read full article will savour for lunch time). Matty G was considering this route late year I believe. In LHD land it would make more sense to buy ex 996 RSR race car for 80-100K euro and make compliant for road (probably much cheaper).

MrPhil. Congrats on the GT3. Its the highest spec 7.1.3 Ive seen in NZ. Very very nice, love the buckets and CF components. I think you made a good purchase, you shouldn't loose anything on the deal and there are plenty of RSG guys that will take it off your hands when the time comes...
Old 02-09-2015, 02:17 PM
mrphil
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
Looks great. Well done mate!
As the resident detailing geek i've gotta say that vacuuming between the cage would be a right PITA However, I would put up with it gladly
i'm also a big detailing geek and was looking forward to spending sometime washing, claying and waxing the car but its all been done by the previous owner.

Since the outside has been all done i wanted to do the interior, started cleaning the alcantara and leather only to find its already clean. Even behind the wheels are clean and calipers waxed.

Originally Posted by Macca

MrPhil. Congrats on the GT3. Its the highest spec 7.1.3 Ive seen in NZ. Very very nice, love the buckets and CF components. I think you made a good purchase, you shouldn't loose anything on the deal and there are plenty of RSG guys that will take it off your hands when the time comes...
Thanks Macca, as you know it was a big decision for us, the wife and i discuss it till we were blue in the face.

i reached out to the lovely people on here and everyone gave their views, i spoke to everyone i knew in the car trade and they gave me their views. SO a big Thank you to everyone for helping out

Now owning the car i cant be more happier, the condition of the car is perfect, its in such good condition due to the passion for cars the previous owner has.

also the martini graphic looks fantastic on the 991
Old 02-09-2015, 04:26 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

wow that rsr article says 408hp at the wheels!! say close on 450 at the fly out of a 3.6 and max revs 8k not 9k like 991.
wont be doing many miles on the road in that tune.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:33 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by gt38088
wow that rsr article says 408hp at the wheels!! say close on 450 at the fly out of a 3.6 and max revs 8k not 9k like 991.
wont be doing many miles on the road in that tune.
125bhp per litre. The same as the new 991 GT3+ GT3RS. I agree with you Graeme, even if it is true Id say its going to be 50hr engine on a good day....the 458 special holds the record for production per litre currently at 128bhp per lire IIRC...
Old 02-09-2015, 04:55 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

i'm also a big detailing geek and was looking forward to spending sometime washing, claying and waxing the car but its all been done by the previous owner. Since the outside has been all done i wanted to do the interior, started cleaning the alcantara and leather only to find its already clean. Even behind the wheels are clean and calipers waxed. Thanks Macca, as you know it was a big decision for us, the wife and i discuss it till we were blue in the face. i reached out to the lovely people on here and everyone gave their views, i spoke to everyone i knew in the car trade and they gave me their views. SO a big Thank you to everyone for helping out Now owning the car i cant be more happier, the condition of the car is perfect, its in such good condition due to the passion for cars the previous owner has. also the martini graphic looks fantastic on the 991
Good on you for making a decision. Some of us probably overthink these. Then the car is gone and we kick ourselves. It's almost like the only good buy is to get a desirable model at a discount just before a swarm were about to jump on it. I know there were others looking at your car, but stopped at the damage point. Your extra work got you the prize.

My R had been on the market for 3 months, although I'm still not sure why. It was in similar pristine condition, although I don't aspire to keep it at that level I do appreciate getting what felt and looked like a new car. So much so that I've decided not to order the only new Porsche I would likely ever own, a GT4. I think this is good enough to keep me challenged for a few years.

Drive it in good health and keep posting your experiences.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:18 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That 996 mod is awesome. I look forward to seeing how Pcar Modder's deal with the 996. they are too cheap at the moment - (just need to solve the engine exploding problem).

I wonder what you could own that GT3 for? As a 'track bitch' - it could be a propersition. Only becomes a headache when do decide to revert to a show pony one day...??

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?