Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 07:10 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^^ My garage isn't as flash as that one, but it is safe and snug...........
Old 01-04-2015, 07:15 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And so a new journey begins. Got a momnt to post a pic while I wait to meet Dave in Chch for a joint run to Kaikoura.

UK spec mssing a few features NZ new have by default (climate control aircon, reversing sensors, cruise control but the rest of the package makes up gor it and anyway... It makes it more traditional and engaging (aka justification to myself)
Attached Images  
Old 01-04-2015, 07:17 PM
O2GO
Drifting

... Right way up
Attached Images  
Old 01-04-2015, 07:31 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Doug. Looks wonderful. Its has air con though right just not climate control? I never use cruise control, roads on NZ dont flow consistently enough for long enough for that. I have the cobra low profile park sensor kit (exactly same model one Porsche install as an option on their cars at factory). I bought it for the GT3 but dint bother installing it as I dont use it around town much. Was about to throw on TM. Let me know if you want those as you could buy them and have Steve fit them very cheaply (under $800 all in).
Old 01-04-2015, 08:53 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 580 Likes on 345 Posts

Just saw Scott and complimented him on actually driving the 993 to Auckland. Bad news for those looking to buy, if there were any, the drive reminded him why he loves the car. It's no longer front of mind to sell.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:13 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cbnz
Had a drive today out between Matamata and Tamahere, I think Michael should know these roads, mostly narrow, no centre line or corner speed warnings, no cars or policemen, maybe you should try these roads as well, Google Piakonui Rd
CBNZ - was your 993 the black car having a holiday at Kev's earlier this year.

Interesting that you and the blue C4 also at Kev's are both on here (so no hidden manual 993's hiding out there........)
Old 01-05-2015, 12:42 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Pel,

I sent you a PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:45 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

As luck? Would have it, DHL stuffed me around so parts have been doing laps of Auckland instead of getting ready to go into my car, which means I'm up for driving both Wednesday and Sunday as there's now no way the car would be ready for the 13th, so no longer any time pressure.
Originally Posted by Macca
Jake, just a thought - why dont you postpone the work on the 997TT. Im sure Dean wont mind, hes not even back at work until 5th and will probably be busy. Its unlikely you will pop the coolant pipes on a B road run and at the track on the 13th Im doubting youll be busting 1.14s laps or putting excessive undue stress on the car. Just a thought although I appreciate youd like the work done asap and have had it booked in some time now...
Old 01-05-2015, 01:29 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Good news Jake!
Old 01-05-2015, 02:03 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 580 Likes on 345 Posts

Doug, any updates?
Old 01-05-2015, 02:06 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-828922924.htm

If this car was silver instead of black, I could be strongly tempted to toast the 993 in favour of this.

I don't have Warwick's grooming skills necessary to maintain it............
I have oft ogled that car. Many a time tempted to sell Mr Black for it but we have unfinished business, he and I.

Detailing Porsches is a labour of love and i'd be happy to spend the time on that GT2. Though having just shipped all my gear to Christchurch at xmas and corrected my brothers GTR i'm a little jaded for the next wee while.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:16 AM
shiraz
Racer

Doug, any updates?

He left here after a quick refreshment stop. We had a fun trip off the busy main highway, plenty of curves with advisory signs ranging from 15 to 55. Not too much traffic - a good run.
Cheers - David
Old 01-05-2015, 02:18 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
I have oft ogled that car. Many a time tempted to sell Mr Black for it but we have unfinished business, he and I.

Detailing Porsches is a labour of love and i'd be happy to spend the time on that GT2. Though having just shipped all my gear to Christchurch at xmas and corrected my brothers GTR i'm a little jaded for the next wee while.
A friend of mine used to own a Black 996 GT2 with X50 etc and I think from memory around 580kw and wow what a car! But to be honest I'd struggle to be able to enjoy it many places as just a slight shove of the throttle in any gear would see you in triple digit was a really doing that speed officer territory. I shared the drive with him up to Concourse de Elegance one year and remember pulling out and passing a couple of cars in third, not even full throttle, probably 75-80%... head mashed in the seat.... pulled in and I was doing over 200 clicks! I've been in some fast Fezza's, Lambo's etc but those GT2's pull like 964 owner looking at a 993
Old 01-05-2015, 02:58 AM
O2GO
Drifting

In Picton having eaten the dinner Dave gave me. Pics to follow.

Originally Posted by Macca
Doug. Looks wonderful. Its has air con though right just not climate control? I never use cruise control, roads on NZ dont flow consistently enough for long enough for that. I have the cobra low profile park sensor kit (exactly same model one Porsche install as an option on their cars at factory). I bought it for the GT3 but dint bother installing it as I dont use it around town much. Was about to throw on TM. Let me know if you want those as you could buy them and have Steve fit them very cheaply (under $800 all in).
Yes Macca, it has aircon but it's basic manual control like in the 80s but with LCD readout. You can set temp from low to high, fan speed and full cooling vs setting the desired temp and letting the computer figure out what to do.

Originally Posted by John McM
Doug, any updates?
Yes 5 hours of driving done. Details Pics via the full website on my iphone :-( next.

Originally Posted by shiraz
Doug, any updates? He left here after a quick refreshment stop. We had a fun trip off the busy main highway, plenty of curves with advisory signs ranging from 15 to 55. Not too much traffic - a good run. Cheers - David
Thanks for the beer Dave. Amazing views over the Kaikoura town and ocean from his place.

We had sone pretty big grins on, swapping lead from time to time. I could't help myself from time to time (wink wink).

Paul, remember the sound of the Boxster S engine note right behind you at 4000-7000 revs. With the sports exhaust it's crazily better. No need for a stereo!

The air temp gauge hit 28 degrees at one point and the tar seal was very melted in tight corners in direct sun which meant keeping off the gas in many of them but that still left plenty that were ok and fair game. Dave shared the route of a favourite very twisty run of his which I'll sneak off early one morning when staying in Hamner Springs next April and try out.

Turned the PAMS sport mode on for much of the twisties. Not too firm and she gripped well. Only one nice little oversteer :-P

This car has been pampered by two very caring lady owners. That's not always a good thing as while the finish is pristine (even under the front splitters) I doubt she's ever been driven as designed. So today she possibly got her first Italian tuneup, her first descent heat in the brakes and just possibly her first dose of cow **** (yep our route was pretty rural and v good).

So far, she is all over tighter than my last Boxster (no rattles, looseness etc), better performing, more exciting and overall special and I'm really loving the Carrera Red leather interior.

Pete, you are right about these hard back sports seats. Very comfortable and hold onto you well.

Pics next...
Old 01-05-2015, 03:15 AM
Stueysv8s
1st Gear

I'm a nz member in Rothesay bay auckland,
I have 2 cayenne turbos. Black one with 558hp the other 450.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?