Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 07:01 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

More, FG front bumper is a dummy while a suitable steel one is located (sans lip)
Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2014, 07:04 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Keeping the porsche script on the lid, filled the bumper and sill holes for the clean no trim look.
Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2014, 07:08 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Tan square weave gets the tick (M Benz colour)
Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2014, 07:23 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater
John, that photo is pure gold. Just scared my g/f with it. Macca, when I picked my car up last week I heard two people (think one of them was customer) mention that yours was their favourite 911 of all those they've had through CCS. Is a stunning car for sure, made more so by the fact that it's driven like it was meant to be. Don't ever sell it!
Jake. Thanks for your kind words. Much appreciated! I don't think I will be selling that car any time soon....

Dave. Looking good. Big changes to come with the paint! What is this eta on this build?
Old 06-30-2014, 07:34 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking great, Dave! And thanks for taking care of the pads for BB.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:37 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I just noticed I posted some incorrect info on the post above.

The image for the G50 Patrick Motorsports transmission oil cooler is below. It includes Tilton pump, Setrab matrix and goodridge hoses. $625 USD the full kit.

The front mounted engine oil cooler with all couplings and hoses is $595 USD.

Freight for above is $300 USD.

Landed the gear is actually far cheaper than I wrote. Around $2000 NZD. A very good investment in gearbox and engine longevity and something you could DIY from home if you had the hoist.
Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2014, 03:14 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
Jake. Thanks for your kind words. Much appreciated! I don't think I will be selling that car any time soon....

Dave. Looking good. Big changes to come with the paint! What is this eta on this build?
Not sure of delivery date. Hopefully around christmas time for the complete body and mechanical package. I had planned to run the interior refit in tandem with the build but the 150k distance between the car and me makes that difficult.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:17 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by CS Mende
Looking great, Dave! And thanks for taking care of the pads for BB.
No worries, the more I think about it the more sense it makes to run a car like this for laughs. If I had been on my game I would have got a 2k car to run while porscheless.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:31 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
No worries, the more I think about it the more sense it makes to run a car like this for laughs. If I had been on my game I would have got a 2k car to run while porscheless.
It is amazing that we've bought a race ready car for less than 2k. Yes, that's the point of the 2kcup, but that's the limit for purchasing a car, not one that's race ready.

Blow the engine up, just fit a new one for $400. I'm hoping a few of get some competitive times in this car and we eventually look at entering it in a race or 2. A great way to get race time on a beer budget.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:03 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

944 coming along
Attached Images   
Old 06-30-2014, 05:15 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

John. That blue 44 that Kevins doing - is it road legal for targa etc or is it another trailer jobbie...
Old 06-30-2014, 05:44 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

John. That blue 44 that Kevins doing - is it road legal for targa etc or is it another trailer jobbie...
Strictly a trailer jobbie. Kev is adamant that making it road legal, which is possible, would compromise it. If 980kg as expected it will be a track weapon. That said, I'm not in the space for such a focused car. Black Beauty has real potential to build race craft for all of us at a far lower cost and give a smooth transition to being competitive in a PCNZ environment later on.

In the mean time I'm happy. Collected the Turbo 3.6 this morning and will assemble the sills tonight. Plan is to put road trip miles on this car for a few years. What a drive this car is.
Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2014, 05:55 PM
Runtothehills
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a list of the last four years work for anyone interested....
Wow, just wow, This is what makes your car so special when you see the components in there and the hours taken to get it this way. Sounds like the most recent changes are a next level up again and will make the driving experience that much better. The way Dean describes the LSD operation now makes me realise I've never driven anything with a proper LSD like that.

Looks like you had a carbon fibre binge at some point there..
Old 06-30-2014, 06:19 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Strictly a trailer jobbie. Kev is adamant that making it road legal, which is possible, would compromise it. If 980kg as expected it will be a track weapon. That said, I'm not in the space for such a focused car. Black Beauty has real potential to build race craft for all of us at a far lower cost and give a smooth transition to being competitive in a PCNZ environment later on.

In the mean time I'm happy. Collected the Turbo 3.6 this morning and will assemble the sills tonight. Plan is to put road trip miles on this car for a few years. What a drive this car is.
John. What work did you have done?

She looks a bit nose high there. Have you had the geo done on her yet?
Old 06-30-2014, 06:34 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Runtothehills
Wow, just wow, This is what makes your car so special when you see the components in there and the hours taken to get it this way. Sounds like the most recent changes are a next level up again and will make the driving experience that much better. The way Dean describes the LSD operation now makes me realise I've never driven anything with a proper LSD like that.

Looks like you had a carbon fibre binge at some point there..
Hi Sam. Its been an interesting journey all right. Lots of learning and "first adopter" pains and expenses. With what i know now I could probably offer three levels of packages for 993 owners who wanted recommendations on different levels of development of their cars LOL!

You are correct the latest round of work is probably the most mechanically intensive since we moved the engine to MAP/LINK with lumpier cams and solid lifters back in 2010. However unlike that very long, painful learning excericse (discovering virtually no one including LINK n NZ at that time had tuned a 993 road car 3.6) this time it looks like we have actually got some benefits for the effort and $$$. Dean now believes my box has been on the out for a number of years (possibly 4-5) and the track temps just accelerated the wear to failure. The original LSD I bought was the chocolate variant fitted as an option to the 993 which was always touted to be next to useless on the track (which would subsequently wear it out within a few track days). The new one not only has the correct ramp angles but is the famous Guards unit which is recognised as being bulletproof for a long time. It should make a bog difference on track. The brakes were already good but are now even stronger and better. More an investment in saftey and the future (increase in HP etc downstream).

To be honest this round of work has exhausted me. Financially Ive spent the equivalent of a cheap 964 Tipo. My wifes patience is beyond wearing thin and I am essentially trading on the goodwill of my 2015/2016 car budgets which are now defunct as a result. I have the GT3 is also needing a bit of spend to get geo checked, bypass pipe, some small cosmetics attended to to my liking etc, so after all of this I will be laying very low for a long time on cars and just using the both of them to my maximum enjoyment over the next few years. I have new spare tyres for the GT3 and the 993 so hopefully set for a while now fingers crossed!

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?