Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 09:14 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
John. Harden up bro. That car was just s static display. Buy one of those 1:12 models if you need to get it out of your system ;-)
No model could replicate this
Old 02-10-2015, 09:39 PM
Luke944
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Garry D, do you have one of these 1:18's to match the 1:1 in the garage at home? http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=842941273

On a non-Porsche note, an FYI, anyone in Wellington the Lexus dealer has a white Lexus LFA on display in the dealer today- from 4pm until 6pm they have the keys to fire it up! The one following the 86 Championship around.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:51 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke944
Garry D, do you have one of these 1:18's to match the 1:1 in the garage at home? http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=842941273

On a non-Porsche note, an FYI, anyone in Wellington the Lexus dealer has a white Lexus LFA on display in the dealer today- from 4pm until 6pm they have the keys to fire it up! The one following the 86 Championship around.
Take some photos Luke.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:55 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

John. Harden up bro. That car was just s static display. Buy one of those 1:12 models if you need to get it out of your system ;-)
Tough love from the Macca...........

That's OK John I was crying and I didn't even own the car.

Turbo's never sound that good - your 964 will sound better - go take Herman for a drive.......
Old 02-10-2015, 11:23 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

MrPhil. Even better I have the exact 1:43 minichamps model 997.1 GT3 in Carrara White with PCCB as you just bought in my collection boxed and never displayed. I bought it at the factory shop Stuttgart in 2007 as I was always intending to buy that model used one day (never expected to be buying a new one). I also bought the 1:18th and thats still new in box Ill dig both out for you some time if you ware interested...
Old 02-10-2015, 11:29 PM
mrphil
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Contact UK Porsche.

or talk nicely to your local Pcar dealer - they will get you on the servicing..........
i will hold off speaking to my dealer for now, let them have time to cool off hehe

Phil do a search on 993 board there is a guy with live access to PWSIS who can give you the factory build sheet for the car. my copy of PET used to do it but doesn't run on RHD 64 bit architecture I have now and there seems to be a comma conflict when I try running it on a 32 big emulator.
thanks will do a search and see if i can find the guy

that LFA was in lexus chch a few weeks ago, the dealer didnt have a problem with me sitting in the drivers seat and popping the bonnect

anyone that missed out on the white LFA in chch, lexus has a silver one in their show room at the moment (customers car)

MrPhil. Even better I have the exact 1:43 minichamps model 997.1 GT3 in Carrara White with PCCB as you just bought in my collection boxed and never displayed. I bought it at the factory shop Stuttgart in 2007 as I was always intending to buy that model used one day (never expected to be buying a new one). I also bought the 1:18th and thats still new in box Ill dig both out for you some time if you ware interested...
oh i'm interested in the 1:18 scale one
Old 02-10-2015, 11:55 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by John McM
Turbo 3.6 belongs to an around the world sailor who will pick it up when he is in NZ again. That's why it had been there for so long. What are they doing to Mr Black?
Just having an idle adaption done. No biggy. Done on the spot, no charge. Great place. I like the techs that work there. I have a couple of other bits and bobs to have looked at in a couple of weeks, including why the doors aren't locking.

I've had a good couple days fettling last weekend, including replacing the door seal, the seal between the frunk and font bumper, a new steering wheel and a quick clean

Next on the list is to find out why so much hot air is blowing in the passenger foot well. Could be a split hose or a stuck flapper
Old 02-11-2015, 12:31 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Macca - when are you posting pic's of the locals (.....at the beach)

Less V-Dub's and more sight seeing please :-)
Old 02-11-2015, 12:31 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
Just having an idle adaption done. No biggy. Done on the spot, no charge. Great place. I like the techs that work there. I have a couple of other bits and bobs to have looked at in a couple of weeks, including why the doors aren't locking. I've had a good couple days fettling last weekend, including replacing the door seal, the seal between the frunk and font bumper, a new steering wheel and a quick clean Next on the list is to find out why so much hot air is blowing in the passenger foot well. Could be a split hose or a stuck flapper
I use Tore's cable that allows a laptop to connect to the car and then use freeware to read faults and do adaptations. It's not as fully featured as the workshop computer as you can't do C4 brake bleeds but it's a good start.

Next step if the adaptation doesn't fix your idle is to clean the ISV. Very easy.

Air circulation system woes are well documented on Tore's site. I'll look up the page and post a link.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:34 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

http://www.bergvillfx.com

The T lock system is well worth it. Remote locking doors, just like a modern car.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:35 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Jamie. Finally you get the Rooks from Steve in Oz. Mate how long did that take? 2.5 years?? Look brilliant mate. I'm not sure about the black centres yet - give them a go as they are for a while.,,?
That's right mate. I'm a bit embarrassed to be honest and I emailed Steve apologising. He's been really patient. As you know the last 2-3 years have been pretty challenging for us with Dad passing away, family stuff to sort out... take care of Mum etc and then there's the community work I do as well which takes up a lot of my time. Also financially with the recession almost putting us out of business wheels were the last thing on my mind. If they were in Auckland or Wellington I'd have them by now but with them being a private sale offshore it was always going to be a hassle getting them here...

Anyway they're here now and I'm looking forward to seeing them on the 993!
Old 02-11-2015, 01:21 AM
Garry D
Instructor

HI Luke

Thanks for the heads up , yes I have got of each size .
Old 02-11-2015, 01:45 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
That's right mate. I'm a bit embarrassed to be honest and I emailed Steve apologising. He's been really patient. As you know the last 2-3 years have been pretty challenging for us with Dad passing away, family stuff to sort out... take care of Mum etc and then there's the community work I do as well which takes up a lot of my time. Also financially with the recession almost putting us out of business wheels were the last thing on my mind. If they were in Auckland or Wellington I'd have them by now but with them being a private sale offshore it was always going to be a hassle getting them here...

Anyway they're here now and I'm looking forward to seeing them on the 993!
Right you are mate. I know you have been a busy man. Just glad you finally got them. 993 is looking super!
Old 02-11-2015, 01:45 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Testing the new Rennlist iPhone app. Trying multiple pics now...
Attached Images     
Old 02-11-2015, 01:52 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Paul. These were taken this evening on the iPhone down at the local break before sunset and dinner. Plenty of nice scenery here LOL!
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?