Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 05:07 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Jake, that would be excellent. Im pretty certain we will get reasonable interest. Its a neat event and a great way to "tour" the South Island.

BY the way the lip spoiler looks 100% better than before. I much prefer the Matt to the shiny!
Old 02-12-2015, 05:14 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Ive been working on you all arriving about the time the NZ school holidays start in late sept for some reason....maybe best we take this offline...
Good idea. I'll ask Donna to do some ground work with the girls, so the agendas don't clash too much.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:17 PM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater
March should suit Macca. Will reach out to a few other owners who don't frequent these boards if that's ok.

Sounds good, keep in touch and we can play it by ear. Know how quickly time disappears when you're working away from home.

My first attempt at wet sanding. The finish is rough, in part due to me getting sick of sanding after two hours, and Mitre 10 only having 1200 grit paper. Will pick up some 1500 and 2000 and finish over the weekend. Still a minor rough patch, but mostly sorted. Prefer the matte finish over the plastic shine it had before.
How about Plastidipping it?
Old 02-12-2015, 06:49 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

Some magnesium wheels for you air cooled owners out there: https://touch.trademe.co.nz/motors/l...view/846845090

Originally Posted by RS ZWEI
How about Plastidipping it?
Thought about it, but it will start peeling as soon as the lip hits a curb/speed bump/steep driveway. The old one got pretty beaten up, and this one is protrudes a little more, so expect it will be rough in no time.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:55 PM
Luke944
Rennlist Member

Is anyone on here going to be doing the SITT this year? I am and less than a month so I'm counting down the days. I haven't done any of the tracks down there (except as a passenger at Highlands in the Lambo taxi) so will be quite the learning curve!
Old 02-12-2015, 06:58 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Luke. Great work. You will love it. Glad to hear someone is representing the 993 fraternity this year (last year it was Paul & I).
Old 02-12-2015, 08:47 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke944
Is anyone on here going to be doing the SITT this year? I am and less than a month so I'm counting down the days. I haven't done any of the tracks down there (except as a passenger at Highlands in the Lambo taxi) so will be quite the learning curve!
Luke, I almost signed up but am still to do a track sound test with Tony to confirm I'd be able to run all 4 tracks. Pretty ridiculous as I'm road legal but Highlands, and more particularly Levels are apparently strict on sound and I wouldn't want to be at the mercy of which way the wind is blowing on the day. Hence the intent to test her beforehand. Since I'm now down for the May Targa Tour though I'm out this year but a possible for next.

Good on you for hitting it in March already - if Macca rates it, it'll be brilliant.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:51 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Luke, I almost signed up but am still to do a track sound test with Tony to confirm I'd be able to run all 4 tracks. Pretty ridiculous as I'm road legal but Highlands, and more particularly Levels are apparently strict on sound and I wouldn't want to be at the mercy of which way the wind is blowing on the day. Hence the intent to test her beforehand. Since I'm now down for the May Targa Tour though I'm out this year but a possible for next.

Good on you for hitting it in March already - if Macca rates it, it'll be brilliant.
Walt. Sign up for 2016 SITT. The 993 cleared sound checks at all venues and its well louder than your Turbo so you will fly through with no issues. They were actually very lenient for SITT and not a single car or bike (must have been 60+ of us all told) got black flagged....

Good to hear you are attending the May Targa Tour :-)
Old 02-12-2015, 08:57 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

More aircooled love...
Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2015, 09:00 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Porsche look like they will be announcing the Boxster Spyder in the next few weeks for those interested....
Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2015, 09:02 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Graeme Minichamps are launching the Cayman GT4 model in 1:43 on 20 March in a colour that may interest you ;-)
Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2015, 09:11 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

This morning we got up early to go fishing. Rented a boat on our own from a local guy. The waters here are teaming with fish - they literally jump into the boat. Within 40 mins we had 8 hooked and 6 on board successfully. That was with a single rod! They catch red snapper here too and it reminds me of finishing in NZ in the 70s when we were kids, there was fish stock and you could take as many as you could catch! After an hour we gave up because it was too easy. The manta rays were jumping out all around us - Im talking 20-30 sightings minimum many multiples and some only 20-30m from teh boat. We have some video and its quite amazing. We kept seeing these huge Turtles. 40-60 year old ones floating with their shells up, birds resting on their backs making them easy to see. Must have seen a couple of dozen over a few hours. At one point our boat owner (local fisherman spoke no english) rips his shirt off, throttles back and jumps overboard. He was 55kgs 5'4" max. Next thing he surfaces with a 35kg 30year old Turtle. We jumped in held this incredible creature. Alot of fun and many photos LOL!

When we got to the beach this morning at 7 the fishermen were all returning from the nights fish. They beach their boats at high speed. I took a short movie of one but at times there were 2-3 coming in same time on the beach and over the course of an hour maybe 20-30 beached themselves. Fun to watch...

Old 02-12-2015, 09:41 PM
Ndewar
Instructor

Great early morning shot of the beaching of the fishing boat Macca. Reminds me of my early days fishing back in natal. It's the only way to come in if you are on a surf beach. Looks like I need to put Mexico on my to do list.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:01 PM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 59 Posts

I'll be in NZ next month with the wifey and plan to drive around the North Island. We actually got married in NZ and finally got approved for permanent residency. All great news but I'm really hoping I can bring my 2011 RS when we decide to move. Click the link and help if you can . Hope to meet you all in NZ.

https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...-rs-to-nz.html
Old 02-12-2015, 11:10 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi Mate. Welcome to NZ, the Switzerland of the South Pacific LOL! Good news for you is that the Pacific Peso is in rapid retreat against the green back and that looks set to continue for the next year or two. Perhaps rent before you buy especially if you will be based in Auckland LOL!

My simple advise would be to sell your 2011 RS in the USA. It will be hard to shift used here and with current values firm in the US and USA strengthening you would be better off re buying in this market next year. Kiwis will discount heavily a LHD car unfortunately. All IMHO of course ;-)

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?