Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 06:43 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Buba. $60K may buy it but it would owe you $80K before you enjoy it on track. Same old problem.

GT4 150K new 3 years later, 30k km track and road, minimal ownership costs sell for 125K. Better value I think. Comes with new tyres, wheel bearings, shocks, brakes.pads, tie rods etc. You have 18 months to save up for it if you put your name down today. By then you can enjoy your 993 for 10k km and sell it after it appreciates another $10k. Just a thought
Old 02-09-2015, 06:54 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Buba. $60K may buy it but it would owe you $80K before you enjoy it on track. Same old problem.

GT4 150K new 3 years later, 30k km track and road, minimal ownership costs sell for 125K. Better value I think. Comes with new tyres, wheel bearings, shocks, brakes.pads, tie rods etc. You have 18 months to save up for it if you put your name down today. By then you can enjoy your 993 for 10k km and sell it after it appreciates another $10k. Just a thought

^^^^ can't really argue with your logic.......... (my T-shrit drawer is getting pretty big now)

And it would only have approx 5,000 "careful" Macca European miles on it.......

Have you decided on colour yet. White is the safe bet - but I actually really like the yellow as judging by 991 GT3's most cars will be white or red, and anythying unusal adds to the interest at resale. Also really like the silver colour of your American mates car.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:05 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

John,

Have you been to Classic Throttle Shop yet??

http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/cars.htm
Old 02-09-2015, 07:09 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I think it will be between 8-10000 careful European Alpine switchback Kms mate. Gonna head up there for a few months I think.

Actually I meant why dont your order one now and get it cheap? Heck its only a few months appreciation on your house mate, just chuck it on the mortgage at 6% :-). Seriously it makes more sense than buying another money pit and buys you 18 months to use and abuse the 993 and actually get some enjoyment rather than being the third leg when it comes to events, weekend runs and track days. Enjoy the heck out of your "new" 993 then flick it mid 016 and fly into Europe drive your new GT4 LOL! If you dont like that idea just do it anyway and sell the car down when you get it back to NZ with 2 weeks driving on it for 150K and break even? Free Euro delivery of brand new dream car and fun driving it on the best roads of teh work...for free Incase I didnt mention it). Whats hard about that aye? Some timee you guys have me puzzeled?

Colour is "Special order" (means they rob you) Carmine Red at this stage. Not PTS but still $5000 NZD option at the local NZ dealer. Marry it with matt black wheels and rear spoiler struts, mirror details etc for an additional $1000. Not really happy with that to be honest as would rather have white no cost option (not a fan of racing yellow - Rons car put me off of that - but I do confess its looking much better on GT4, and Ive never like guards red - too much orange and Ill never own a black/dark blue car again ever!). Id have white with buckets and come out cheaper but Jo says Carmine red with Sport seats so Im stuck. Her choice this time. May consider PTS but probably not (too expensive). Need to convince her. Other low costs options = rodium silver, midnight blue, metallic black, metallic white, sapphire blue. Non of them appealing. PAGs colour chart for GT cars is CRAP. I wish they introduced colours like the 991 GT3RS colours coming for the GT4 - Java Orange would be nice and they have a new flat grey coming too (like fashion grey).

First world problems I guess. Funny how I mostly cont live in the first world tho aye :-).
Old 02-09-2015, 07:48 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

I like the Rodium Silver. This would be my first pic on the stock colours.

I'd save the money on the special order colour and use it to buy 1 x bucket seat to accompany the stock sport seats. This will give you and Jo best of both worlds and will give you more driving enjoyment.

^^^^ What you say above makes a lot of sense - but since when does common sense apply??

P.s the 991 GT3 in Giltraps is not sold - so you might want to let your kiwi mates know if they have missed out on ordering.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:19 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 580 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
John, Have you been to Classic Throttle Shop yet?? http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/cars.htm
Not yet. If I can rise early enough on the weekend I will wander down there. I was hoping to see the PCNSW sprints with the debut of a racing Cayman but it's on the weekend I'm home. Poor timing.

Any news on your car or is that still a sore point? I would have jumped for the GT4 if I didn't already have the R. It's a different world just rocking up the track with a car that needs nothing. Even better if it holds it's value or even makes a profit. Not that I expect the R to do either anytime soon.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:44 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Not yet. If I can rise early enough on the weekend I will wander down there. I was hoping to see the PCNSW sprints with the debut of a racing Cayman but it's on the weekend I'm home. Poor timing.

Any news on your car or is that still a sore point? I would have jumped for the GT4 if I didn't already have the R. It's a different world just rocking up the track with a car that needs nothing. Even better if it holds it's value or even makes a profit. Not that I expect the R to do either anytime soon.
My car is being worked on.............

Not sure any new Pcar will hold value or go up (unless ist's GT3 4.0).

More a case of slower deprecaition and no grief and endless projects, vs tidying up an older car.......
Old 02-09-2015, 10:35 PM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Paul I've ended up with your posters and shirt from Sunday. Not sure when I'll see you next but I'll bring them then. Except for the 918 poster, I missed out on one of those
Old 02-09-2015, 11:23 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Paul I've ended up with your posters and shirt from Sunday. Not sure when I'll see you next but I'll bring them then. Except for the 918 poster, I missed out on one of those
Thanks mate
Old 02-09-2015, 11:41 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
I like the Rodium Silver. This would be my first pic on the stock colours. I'd save the money on the special order colour and use it to buy 1 x bucket seat to accompany the stock sport seats. This will give you and Jo best of both worlds and will give you more driving enjoyment. ^^^^ What you say above makes a lot of sense - but since when does common sense apply?? P.s the 991 GT3 in Giltraps is not sold - so you might want to let your kiwi mates know if they have missed out on ordering.
Some good ideas there Paul. I quite like the silver but it's not really a GT car colour IMO...

Interesting on the GT3. I went to see it last month. It's very high spec with PCCB and they are asking 315k for it IIRC. It had a torn drivers seat - looked like an accident. I assumed they weRe awaiting a new cover.i know someone who would buy that car so will let them know but believe Tony may be trying to get it off them for one of his clients. Silly thing is if they can reverse the GST by importing they could make 40k selling it to the UK or Australia now ( both those markets were under supplied with RHD GT3)....
Old 02-10-2015, 01:37 AM
mrphil
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Good on you for making a decision. Some of us probably overthink these. Then the car is gone and we kick ourselves. It's almost like the only good buy is to get a desirable model at a discount just before a swarm were about to jump on it. I know there were others looking at your car, but stopped at the damage point. Your extra work got you the prize.

My R had been on the market for 3 months, although I'm still not sure why. It was in similar pristine condition, although I don't aspire to keep it at that level I do appreciate getting what felt and looked like a new car. So much so that I've decided not to order the only new Porsche I would likely ever own, a GT4. I think this is good enough to keep me challenged for a few years.

Drive it in good health and keep posting your experiences.
thanks John

will keep following this topic, its aways nice to see kiwis on these type of forums
Old 02-10-2015, 02:28 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Roock alloys arrived today for the 993. Only hope they fit now otherwise they'll end up on TradeMe Thinking of painting the centre black in theme with the classic guards red 911 on black fuchs with alloy band.
Attached Images    
Old 02-10-2015, 03:10 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Some good ideas there Paul. I quite like the silver but it's not really a GT car colour IMO...
Funnily enough I caught a glimpse of what looked to be a 991 GT3 in silver heading along Richmond Road towards Ponsonby this evening. Looked great, although I am slightly biased.

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
My Roock alloys arrived today for the 993. Only hope they fit now otherwise they'll end up on TradeMe Thinking of painting the centre black in theme with the classic guards red 911 on black fuchs with alloy band.
They look fantastic. Like the idea of black on alloy, definitely worth a few cans of plasti dip to test it out.

Installed an eBay sourced replica Aero style front lip this evening, looks good from a few metres but the fit and finish needs some fine tuning (light sand and minor reshaping using heat).
Attached Images  
Old 02-10-2015, 03:34 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
Perfect combo. It must be done
Attached Images  
Old 02-10-2015, 04:04 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

[QUOTE=kiwi 911;12027078]^^^^ can't really argue with your logic.......... (my T-shrit drawer is getting pretty big now)

big boy.......
big T-shirts...........
Big draws...........
I mean big drawers.......

Sorry Paul couldn't resist

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?