Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 12:40 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default BB 2Kcup run considerations

Originally Posted by Ndewar
Enjoying the interesting chat guys. Sorry I didn't catch on to the conversations on here earlier.
I don't think I qualify as a regular so will wish you all a very merry Sunday on Phils boat and maybe catch up with you all next weekend on the way to Taupo. 12 at Drury BP??
John could you bring some of the video you have been working on? Dont know if we will have enough time but would like to see the highlights.
Also, I am keen to do some 2 K cup racing and if someone will join me on yhe 18th october I would be keen to share a drive and have a race with BB. BUT it does get difficult to work out the cost/share and I don't want to be seen to be over using her. I think it could be a lot easier to limit her use to our sessions. What do we all think?
My new blue car is having the gearbox placed tomorrow after having new 2 nd and 3 rd syncros replaced after Kevin found them a bit sticky at the shakedown run at HD in the rain. Was hoping to bring her on the NITT but she won't be ready. Can't wait to get her on he track.
Hi Neil. I saw you as a budding regular here, but since you're an internet celebrity too (what is it 40K hits and counting?) I imagine the only thing to worry about on Sunday is what to wear on the red carpet.

I'll be in on that 18/10 2Kcup run with bells on, provided I'm correct in thinking that:

a) lack of dissent here means BB's co-owners are OK with the idea of her running (probably worth it for the voyeuristic Rennlist entertainment value alone).

and

b) no-one who's higher up the leaderboard at the time wants the run (+John has first dibs in my book as he's the main man behind the BB concept and is planning to run his own 2Kcup car later).

John's got BB's cost share per driver pretty sorted at $100/hour running cost to RSG BB fund. Racing is probably slightly harder on her than leaderboard sprint laps so I'd be OK with $150 or so per hour personally. Fuel and entry fees are separate from that and just split directly between the drivers on the day.

Not so much 'RSG vs HSG', but 'RennSport Gruppe a.k.a Racing School Gruppe' I guess.

Others' thoughts?

Last edited by 996tnz; 09-05-2014 at 01:22 AM.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:46 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 626 Likes on 369 Posts

Walter,

I don't think the co-owners are that fussed. We're all fair minded and it has one purpose now, to go around the track until it dies. You are not depriving anyone of a go. No one is fussed that Doug is taking BB to Taupo. You would not be doing anything different.

I have underestimated the effort in re-registering the green machine, and will have to cage and trailer it if I don't so I'm looking at another VTI-R that has already run at HD. I swear it's a doppelgänger for BB. I'm almost certain I can run that on the 18th so stake your place with BB and go for it. I will happily hunt you down
Old 09-05-2014, 03:07 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
I have underestimated the effort in re-registering the green machine, and will have to cage and trailer it if I don't so I'm looking at another VTI-R that has already run at HD.
Im pretty sure I can hear Donna in the background grabbing the keys and heading out shoe shopping about now....the great car yard that is becoming Melanesia Road :-)
Old 09-05-2014, 03:16 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Im pretty sure I can hear Donna in the background grabbing the keys and heading out shoe shopping about now....the great car yard that is becoming Melanesia Road :-)
Donna did extract a like for like voucher, and yes the parking situation is getting rather tight. The car I'm looking at needs an OE air box and front struts. The Green Machine will possibly 'donate' the latter. If you can be pfaffed dealing with the buyers, these cars are worth more in parts than as a whole so I'm not fussed. The other option is to paint the green car bogan black and have it share BB's rego. However I think that's a rabbit hole I don't want to start down.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:29 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Walter,

I don't think the co-owners are that fussed. We're all fair minded and it has one purpose now, to go around the track until it dies. You are not depriving anyone of a go. No one is fussed that Doug is taking BB to Taupo. You would not be doing anything different.

I have underestimated the effort in re-registering the green machine, and will have to cage and trailer it if I don't so I'm looking at another VTI-R that has already run at HD. I swear it's a doppelgänger for BB. I'm almost certain I can run that on the 18th so stake your place with BB and go for it. I will happily hunt you down
Neil, if no-one else objects - it's a date then mate! Because 2Kcup is team based rather than driver based, with no limit on driver numbers, I'm actually hoping we get plenty of RSG BB drivers through the hot seat as the rounds progress. Both to spread the love and (quietly) because I'm not sure how sensible it is for any of us to go too many rounds each in an uncaged car.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:33 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Donna did extract a like for like voucher, and yes the parking situation is getting rather tight.
Time for that car stacking garaging system you've always wanted - you could excavate your garage down to street level and get them pancaked 4 or 5 deep. Maybe just slip that in with the painting...

The other option is to paint the green car bogan black and have it share BB's rego. However I think that's a rabbit hole I don't want to start down.
Oh noes, BB is like Gollum's ring - corrupting the thoughts of all those close to her...
Old 09-05-2014, 03:38 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

This is the latest corruption machine
Attached Images  
Old 09-05-2014, 03:42 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Macca - remember this was to be John's solution to cheap motor racing (I think cheap and motor racing are a contradiction in terms..........)
Old 09-05-2014, 03:46 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

I think we may need to take a vote on banning Honda pictures on this thread?

It's bad enough we have water pumpers.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:49 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Back to Porsche
Attached Images  
Old 09-05-2014, 03:51 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

They look good in Green as well.
Attached Images  
Old 09-05-2014, 03:53 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Or you can go dial a grannie
Attached Images  
Old 09-05-2014, 03:59 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
I think we may need to take a vote on banning Honda pictures on this thread?

It's bad enough we have water pumpers.
If my car makes it back to me in time for the NITT, I promise to post some Porsche pics after. Otherwise the Audi may be in for some urgent upgrades and I might need to swap out of the Prestige group. Bit too late now to win Lotto and bring a 917...
Old 09-05-2014, 04:24 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

^^^^^ Now you are talking John, that slate grey 3.6T is primo!!!

Buy the way - I see the Grannie (just like the 993) is in front of the 964..........
Old 09-05-2014, 04:30 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
^^^^^ Now you are talking John, that slate grey 3.6T is primo!!!
Makes you think about solid colour resprays, that's for sure.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?