Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 04:30 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
If my car makes it back to me in time for the NITT, I promise to post some Porsche pics after. Otherwise the Audi may be in for some urgent upgrades and I might need to swap out of the Prestige group. Bit too late now to win Lotto and bring a 917...
It's a bit embarrassing when the family fun bus is 4th quickest on the day.

Next time take out the groceries and the kids seats and you might be quickest.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:39 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche hardware that arrived by courier today for installing this weekend. Even some of the girls at work were impressed.
Attached Images  
Old 09-05-2014, 04:57 AM
Ndewar
Instructor

Thanks for all the welcoming comments guys. John I will be very happy to see the video some time but think my son has some major plans for Father's Day so will thank you in advance Phil and do my best to get there on Sunday. Love slip sliding away . Didn't count but thought Macca mentioned 1820 degrees? My head is still spinning.

Went to see my blue car with the gearbox out and the new slicks and wets that have arrived, all very exciting. Need a aim solo and transponder and should have her on track towards the end of September for a shakedown. Kevin has kindly offered to mentor me and introduce me to the foibles of unassisted LHD 944 race cars. Hope that doesn't sound to much like a recipe for disaster. At least a less expensive one than otherwise I suppose!

Re. BB ,,, I am very happy to go with the flow and it would be great to share her on the 18/10 with you Walter. Anyone else above me on the leader board would have first choice of course. How do we go about registering her for 2kcup John? Can I do this on line or should it be done through RSG? The good thing is you can have multiple drivers for a single car so everyone who has a comp C licence is eligible, I presume. Lots of opportunities to get one if you haven't already done so.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:03 AM
PHG
Racer

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
I think we may need to take a vote on banning Honda pictures on this thread?

It's bad enough we have water pumpers.
spoken like a true air bludger..
Old 09-05-2014, 05:11 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Ndewar
Thanks for all the welcoming comments guys. John I will be very happy to see the video some time but think my son has some major plans for Father's Day so will thank you in advance Phil and do my best to get there on Sunday. Love slip sliding away . Didn't count but thought Macca mentioned 1820 degrees? My head is still spinning.

Went to see my blue car with the gearbox out and the new slicks and wets that have arrived, all very exciting. Need a aim solo and transponder and should have her on track towards the end of September for a shakedown. Kevin has kindly offered to mentor me and introduce me to the foibles of unassisted LHD 944 race cars. Hope that doesn't sound to much like a recipe for disaster. At least a less expensive one than otherwise I suppose!

Re. BB ,,, I am very happy to go with the flow and it would be great to share her on the 18/10 with you Walter. Anyone else above me on the leader board would have first choice of course. How do we go about registering her for 2kcup John? Can I do this on line or should it be done through RSG? The good thing is you can have multiple drivers for a single car so everyone who has a comp C licence is eligible, I presume. Lots of opportunities to get one if you haven't already done so.

Neil, I'm envious on the 944 front but I hope to join you some day. I'm the meantime I believe this is the starting place for 2kcup entry http://2kcup.com/?page_id=633
Old 09-05-2014, 06:32 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

John. Three Honda purchases in three months! I reckon It may have been cheaper to buy a used 944 race car at this rate :-P

The Rennlist moderators will give us a warning for Honda content shortly ha ha.

Walt I hope it comes together for you for your first NITT. Your car has been in the shop a while!

Dough good move on the black Powerflex bushes.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:54 AM
Ndewar
Instructor

Thanks John , reading the rules is interesting. We can apparently enter as the RSG Team. And it is the team that is the main entrant and not an individual or car, which can both be changed for different races and even between two races at the same meeting. This opens the door for two or more BBs and multiple RSG members sharing the driving duties. Sounds like fun. There are some details that I will need to get from you about BB, if everyone is happy, for her to be entered for the season.
What do other RSG members think?
Old 09-05-2014, 02:39 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Thanks John , reading the rules is interesting. We can apparently enter as the RSG Team. And it is the team that is the main entrant and not an individual or car, which can both be changed for different races and even between two races at the same meeting. This opens the door for two or more BBs and multiple RSG members sharing the driving duties. Sounds like fun. There are some details that I will need to get from you about BB, if everyone is happy, for her to be entered for the season. What do other RSG members think?
Sure. Ask away.

BTW here is a Porsche driver not as lucky as you
Old 09-05-2014, 04:48 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Thanks John , reading the rules is interesting. We can apparently enter as the RSG Team. And it is the team that is the main entrant and not an individual or car, which can both be changed for different races and even between two races at the same meeting. This opens the door for two or more BBs and multiple RSG members sharing the driving duties. Sounds like fun. There are some details that I will need to get from you about BB, if everyone is happy, for her to be entered for the season. What do other RSG members think?
I'm keen :-P
Old 09-05-2014, 05:45 PM
Ndewar
Instructor

Wow John , I've suddenly gone off racing. At least at the ring.

Here is the link to the rules page for 2 k cup. I think we should all be aware of them before we proceed. http://2kcup.com/?page_id=

If all are happy I can enter us as team RSG. Drivers need C licence and we need the cars details, year , model, cc rating, we need to choose three different race numbers , price paid, tyre size, picture of car and class we will enter. I don't think there are any exemptions we need to apply for and because the car has competed before there should be no problem.

What do we think?
Old 09-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Ndewar
Instructor

Talking

Looking at that crash again makes me feel a bit better as at least I have the excuse of water on the track on my side.
Second, the driver of the Westfield/ lotus/Fraser looks to be driving his wife, as the rings on her fingers show, and the way she grabs his arm and directs him proves that back seat driving is well and healthy in all countries and maybe the reason why I haven't seen many wives at RSG events ?
Old 09-05-2014, 07:41 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

wow that certainly is a scary close one. Very odd because the preceeding bit of road is straight, just the small crest. Must have started the slide by pulling to left too quickly to overtake then caught by the second flick back the other way??
A sure reminder that we all need to rely and trust each other on trackdays. Forecast looking wet for NITT too
Old 09-05-2014, 07:43 PM
O2GO
Drifting

BB is 1994 Honda Integra GSI SO6089
195/60/R14
I think she is 1.8l (check John)
She's previously been registered for 2k cup

I only have M grade license so, if others are the same, we may have to hit Terry up to test us.

I can get a photo
Old 09-05-2014, 07:47 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Seeing I just did a H post here is a Porsche one. Cayenne S has just been cleaned to Doug standard ready for Macca and Jo. Hope they don't find it too dirty ;-)

This will be my last black car. They look great when the paintwork is "worked on" but as a DD or car that gets used a lot it never seems to look good enough to me.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:51 PM
Ralf G
Instructor

I'm keen too . What's the effort required for the C-license?

Last edited by Ralf G; 09-06-2014 at 12:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?