Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 04:14 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Should be plenty of time in those 5 hours for BB runs so I expect everyone can just go turns about to keep it interesting. Yes, better put Jason in first just to be safe, in case the curse of the Macca Cup strikes again. Anyone have a spare AIM that could stay in her for the day?

Yes, all the spares, fluids and transponders etc are in BB2 at Paul's. Couldn't get to Repco in time so we'll need another of those 10W-30 Semi synth oils too as BB2 does her own oil changes and drank a litre or so after each race.

Moochier - I could be up for some power sliding practice, having drifted the sweeper in the dry but then stuffing up the exit.
She does drink for sure. Where is it going? I don't think she drops any. Not smokey either.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:15 AM
racoguy
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 82 Posts

Some more parts collected for the 64, another set of SP5 carbon seats on their way down under.
I had a custom set of Cobra Classic RS but after seeing Macca's seats I was sold on Carbon ones
so sold the others and put my order in, black leather with back suede inserts.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:30 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Very true....................(but where are the bragging rights in that) Macca and my main reason for existance on this thread (taking the p*ss out of 964's) would cease to exist :-( We would have nothing to talk about with JMc and Dougie??
Awww love you too :-)

Originally Posted by John McM
Yes, BB is parked in Chris B's garage and will be brought out. However be aware that Paul is looking to drive her. I also want to get the last owner to break his cherry, Jason, out there before one of us totals her. The Grinch will also be around, however BB2 won't as Paul is driving one of Doug's cars down. Are all of the spares etc in BB2? I can't remember how much BB has ;left in pads.
I'm thinking I'll just take Lola down as will have driven from Wellington to Auckland in the RS60 the day before and will want a break from her. So Paul could take BB down.... Although he may want to take his freshly polished baby 993 to show her off (and blast past some 964s if he can).
Old 04-21-2015, 04:34 AM
Moochier
Instructor

Originally Posted by Macca
I love the idea of HD with a water truck. The track is 4500 for a week day though you'd probably have to throw marshals and ambo on top then water truck and instructors. Gets pricey at 8k plus even across a group of 8-10?

The Greenlane expo site sounds promising anyone have the contact details for that one?

With what I have in mind I don't think an insurer will touch us? Car control at the limit. That said it would be obstruction free and almost 100% impossible to hit anything one would hope (unlike the 2012 parade gymkhana). That was where I first me Clive Pilkington... but he didn't seem very friendly to my rookie self ;-)

If there is enough interest I'll need help to organise this as I'm offshore till Sept...
8k - 8 people = $1k each... Not to bad for a full day with instructors and a whole lot of learning.

The up side is that on a damp/wet track tyres will hold up ok too.

I will ask the Renault people if they will share the contact for the expo centre as an alternative too. I can also help on some of the organising Macca.

Agree on the safety side of things, will be pretty hard to have a mishap if we plan it well. Insurance won't be necessary.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:46 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Chris let me know what you find out on the expo thing.

$1K a head may be a bit rich for RSGers as our average track day cost approx $200 a head and most do around 12 days a year if you include bi annual SITT & annual NITT. Its half a years entry fee budget for the average punter. That said market economics will speak and 8 slots isnt many to fill.

Id be keen to discuss further with you in person on 28th. Thanks for the offer to help mate.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:11 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Glad BB is relegated to run group 2. Make sure everything is bolted tight this time :-)
Yes, but how long do you think Paul will spend out there when it's open slather? Until he beats Chris M's time or breaks BB he's not coming in. Just a wild guess on my part
Old 04-21-2015, 05:14 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by O2GO
Awww love you too :-)

I'm thinking I'll just take Lola down as will have driven from Wellington to Auckland in the RS60 the day before and will want a break from her. So Paul could take BB down.... Although he may want to take his freshly polished baby 993 to show her off (and blast past some 964s if he can).
Paul can drive BB2 down or the R if he doesn't want to get the 993 dirty I'm planing on mostly driving Herman but am not above playing the field with Herman, the R and the Integras.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:53 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Paul can drive BB2 down or the R if he doesn't want to get the 993 dirty I'm planing on mostly driving Herman but am not above playing the field with Herman, the R and the Integras.
I think you'll find Paul is a late scratching so BB will be safe.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:57 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
I think you'll find Paul is a late scratching so BB will be safe.
Buba say it isnt so!

If Pauls not coming shall we just ditch the Integra and have a Germany car fest day :-)
Old 04-21-2015, 06:07 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

I'm going to need a go or two as well so I can pad my lead a bit. Not comfortable with Paul breathing down my neck - leggings or no leggings!

Yes, BB is parked in Chris B's garage and will be brought out. However be aware that Paul is looking to drive her. I also want to get the last owner to break his cherry, Jason, out there before one of us totals her. The Grinch will also be around, however BB2 won't as Paul is driving one of Doug's cars down.

Are all of the spares etc in BB2? I can't remember how much BB has ;left in pads.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:09 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Buba say it isnt so!

If Pauls not coming shall we just ditch the Integra and have a Germany car fest day :-)
Yeah right. Aren't there Nissans coming as well?

I'll just bring BB out to play and see what takers there are. Looks like there might be a few
Old 04-21-2015, 06:14 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

A bit of chop to fix CG and we can update the Integra fleet. I'm still keen to play someday.
Attached Images  
Old 04-21-2015, 06:36 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, but how long do you think Paul will spend out there when it's open slather? Until he beats Chris M's time or breaks BB he's not coming in. Just a wild guess on my part
OK, so we're all agreed then: Jason -> me -> everybody else ->Jason -> me -> everybody else -> Paul->Paul->Paul->Paul.

BTW ChrisM, I've been practicing holding my breath so I can fill BB with helium to make up a bit of the weight difference. You are banned from doing same.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:02 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Yeah right. Aren't there Nissans coming as well? I'll just bring BB out to play and see what takers there are. Looks like there might be a few
Fair enough. Jason needs to get his go in any case!!
Old 04-21-2015, 07:39 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Fair enough. Jason needs to get his go in any case!!
He does and there's some healthy competition to be top dog as well. We'll try not to drop any parts around the track.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?