Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014 | 08:17 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Nice pic's Luke. Welcome to the 993 fold.

Was the 94 black car you mention a tipo or manual? - I missed this one?
Old 08-25-2014 | 08:45 AM
R/c runner
4th Gear

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Looks awesome and a nice tribute. More than good enough for a full size car too, though I'd be tempted to render that map of NZ in pure black and white on the roof too if it was mine. The curves of the fern, the flag and the Camper logo just go so well with those sweet 911 contours and you have placed them well - especially those ferns on the hips.
Hey, thank you for your positive comment and that map on the roof was giving me some grief and i didnt know quite what to do with it. I am definately going to try black and white first, but i may also do it in the kiwi flag design just to see.

what i would give to see this on a full size car.

thanks again
Josh
Old 08-25-2014 | 03:47 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Pete can you post the link you are using here. Im not having luck with any browser (IE, Chrome etc).
Well checked again this morning to post links and now I can only hit the home page of the EP site and occasionally the main /forum page of the RSG site after refreshing. But cannot get to any sub pages on the EP site or though the login on RSG. Last night I was able to login and click through to any thread but not this morning - weird.

Anyway, texted Steve yesterday and he says Michael is looking into it.
Old 08-25-2014 | 04:59 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Thanks Pete
Old 08-25-2014 | 05:16 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Just reading on the 964 Turbo site of a car just stolen. It brought to mind the fact that I have never heard of a NZ Porsche being stolen so while I take normal precautions I don't go over the top. Has anyone had their Porsche stolen in NZ or know of someone else who did?
Old 08-25-2014 | 05:35 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I think the reason these don't get stolen in NZ is you stick out like dogs bollix just driving one so imagine trying to nick one and not being seen. Also a bit easy to spot if broken for parts and unless exported whole to another market Im not sure why anyone would bother...just make sure your insurance policy is up to date John and reflects the true value. May send your policy up a grand or more but at least peace of mind...
Old 08-25-2014 | 05:51 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

I think the reason these don't get stolen in NZ is you stick out like dogs bollix just driving one so imagine trying to nick one and not being seen. Also a bit easy to spot if broken for parts and unless exported whole to another market Im not sure why anyone would bother...just make sure your insurance policy is up to date John and reflects the true value. May send your policy up a grand or more but at least peace of mind...
Just renewed the Turbo 3.6 insurance albeit the value increase may not be enough. That's the one I'm most concerned about as we come into a period where spares are difficult to find and it's not just the whole car you have to worry about e.g. The Speedline rims are NLA and the last lot were about $13,000 a set new. A Turbo 3.6 without those rims has a markedly lower value, which is the main reason I didn't hit the TM auction for the Black one so many years ago. First world problems.
Old 08-25-2014 | 05:53 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Wasn't there a recovered 993 for sale earlier this year? That's the only instance I'm aware of. I had a theft at home recently; they walked around the 911 to steal a power extension cord, an old bucket, and three old towels (two covered in brake dust). Clearly the black market in dirty car cleaning accessories is much stronger than expected!
Old 08-25-2014 | 05:53 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Just make sure you have a written valuation less than 1 year old or you risk being paid out differently than the "insured value"! Just been through this in detail with Prestigio last few months and you need a proper valuation...
Old 08-25-2014 | 05:59 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Just make sure you have a written valuation less than 1 year old or you risk being paid out differently than the "insured value"! Just been through this in detail with Prestigio last few months and you need a proper valuation...
Masa has said a valuer can use his car sale for a price point. There is Clint's as well. Both were far lower mileage so I don't think I'm far off where I need to be. I'll check it out after NITT. Too much else going on before then.
Old 08-25-2014 | 06:02 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nzskater
Wasn't there a recovered 993 for sale earlier this year? That's the only instance I'm aware of. I had a theft at home recently; they walked around the 911 to steal a power extension cord, an old bucket, and three old towels (two covered in brake dust). Clearly the black market in dirty car cleaning accessories is much stronger than expected!
Offshore experience suggests that keys are the weak point with cars. I keep mine in a safe so it would be a long effort, by which time the killer Ragdoll would have taken them out
Old 08-25-2014 | 06:03 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Good idea. Ring Notty. He will do it for you. I had my solicitor go through the paper work on both cars after Chris M. The sticky point apart from the driver training (which luckily I rectified as i had personally hired Ray Williams to sit with me for 4-5 sessions less than a year ago at NITT - they changed the rules after Chris M and before my Porsche Advanced 2 day training at Mt Cotton was acceptable even though it was 10 years ago!) was the agreed vs market valuation piece. After much discussion with Prestigio we cleared that up. Essentially the car must be valued by a professional otherwise it falls back into the grey...
Old 08-25-2014 | 06:05 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Offshore experience suggests that keys are the weak point with cars. I keep mine in a safe so it would be a long effort, by which time the killer Ragdoll would have taken them out
Very good and same lesson learned here. We dont use a safe for anything as it attracts attention and have seen these ripped from the wall (to be taken elsewhere and beaten open or a grinder job done to them). Too much hassle too. We just hid them under something before bed. If you can find anything in our house in the dark thats been deliberately covered up or hidden then you can have the truck!
Old 08-25-2014 | 06:25 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Very good and same lesson learned here. We dont use a safe for anything as it attracts attention and have seen these ripped from the wall (to be taken elsewhere and beaten open or a grinder job done to them). Too much hassle too. We just hid them under something before bed. If you can find anything in our house in the dark thats been deliberately covered up or hidden then you can have the truck!
Somewhere in Vila is my original Omega Seamaster Professional Chronometer watch. Picked off my bedside table, along with a bottle of Grange for my 40th, while I was out at a dinner wearing my Patek. The empty Grange bottle was found, whereas the watch never was. Sold the Patek in Jakarta to a collector and never looked back. It was a liability. I don't want the Turbo 3.6 to go the same way but I can see the signs. Life needs to become more simple in a Bays bubble sort of way as I get older. Well worn things are more fun than things that have 'value' but are never used.
Old 08-25-2014 | 06:25 PM
Luke944
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Nice pic's Luke. Welcome to the 993 fold.

Was the 94 black car you mention a tipo or manual? - I missed this one?
It was a manual. Black on black. And was on TM for less than a day last week. Elderly guy selling it from being his daily driver. Auckland car from memory.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?