Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 04:09 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Now you're talking. Lola is getting new front control arm bushes and a more track oriented alignment. Don't want to push that too far as I still do a fair bit of road work in her (now 10,000km since Feb).

Looking forward to Saturday and, if I'm not stuffed, a Ron drive on Sunday
Doug. That should make a difference as I think you will find your existing settings were quite mild. You wont find it a problem on the road Im sure. Looks like the window for Z221s may have closed temporarily but suggest at least a second or more on the table there for later. Your building up nicely and there should be plenty of fun in the future. This part of the fun I reckon, just tweaking slowly and at your own pace building up some good solid foundation for speed...
Old 07-15-2014, 04:12 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Lastly, I NEVER rely on the jacks alone. I put a track wheel under the sill, just in case. Better that the car is damaged then my limbs.
I'm with you... better than wishing it was under there as the breath gets squished out of you. Just came across these guys... 2-post lifts. Ignore the one on wheels -- scary!

Originally Posted by Macca

I would not read too much into Chris comment earlier. For a guy whos been to HD maybe 2.5 times and survived a very scary incident that could quite easily have injured him significantly or worse I quite frankly see his POV.
Yep... any 10 seconds in any car will do.

Originally Posted by 993 Targa
Was quite a stellar goal to win it wasn't it? Was a pretty nervous 120 minutes for me being a long time Germany fan and still recalling past late defeat pain. The stopage time after the original 90 is tough, any mistake and you can lose it all in a second.
Just stunning, it completed the way you imagine every play ends in a perfect world. The post-90 stoppage time sucks -- I know Neuer is pissed about it despite his golden glove! I'm reminded of this little gem from The Onion. Germans humiliated after winning World Cup

Old 07-15-2014, 05:07 AM
mjg
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lola is getting new front control arm bushes
Wow, are they done already? I put Elephant Racing sports bushing in there not long ago.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:14 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by mjg
Wow, are they done already? I put Elephant Racing sports bushing in there not long ago.
I haven't seen them but got a call today from CCS with Lola in for a wof and oil change and "the front bushings were cracked and needed replacing" :-(
Old 07-15-2014, 05:59 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Chuck Moreland at Elephant can have replacements to you in 7 days if you need them...
Old 07-15-2014, 12:28 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Received 356 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater
I've been following this thread out of interest. These stands look very good:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...ackstands.html
And we can ship to New Zealand, but the shipping is pricy.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:18 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Now you're talking. Lola is getting new front control arm bushes and a more track oriented alignment. Don't want to push that too far as I still do a fair bit of road work in her (now 10,000km since Feb).

Looking forward to Saturday and, if I'm not stuffed, a Ron drive on Sunday
Looks like Herman is being hunted with ever increasing enhancements Unfortunately, a week of Tongan food will widen the 60kg weight disadvantage he already has. On the positive side, I don't need to buy a new car to find playmates. Must be time to get Yoda to set a new benchmark?
Old 07-15-2014, 07:07 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Must be time to get Yoda to set a new benchmark?
I believe Yoda thinks a well sorted 964 should be good for mid 17's. This should be supported by my car (same engine and weight as a 64) doing high 16's.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:54 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

did someone post a link of the V8ST/EP3 crash at Taupo endurance event on this thread recently?
If so what page - tried a search but no joy. If not where was it?
Can't remember where I saw it but was discussing it with one of my Targa crew last night. The EP3 owner Keith does Targa so we know him
Old 07-15-2014, 08:10 PM
mjg
Pro

Originally Posted by gt38088
did someone post a link of the V8ST/EP3 crash at Taupo endurance event on this thread recently?
If so what page - tried a search but no joy. If not where was it?
Can't remember where I saw it but was discussing it with one of my Targa crew last night. The EP3 owner Keith does Targa so we know him
https://www.facebook.com/VelocityNew...82610745190855
Old 07-15-2014, 09:16 PM
993 Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CS Mende

Just stunning, it completed the way you imagine every play ends in a perfect world. The post-90 stoppage time sucks -- I know Neuer is pissed about it despite his golden glove! I'm reminded of this little gem from The Onion. Germans humiliated after winning World Cup

Indeed, I quite enjoyed that Onion piece. There were quite a few good memes going around.

Not happy with Messi winning player of the tournament, James was robbed.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:28 PM
993 Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Macca
We moved to the islands to invest in businesses and property. In the last few years that has pretty much wound up and we now live here for lifestyle and a tax (free) base for our offshore investments.

Two days ago we watched a pod of approximately 12 dolphins playing a few meters off the front of our property. Usually Id get in and swim with them (they are very curious and love to play if you have a ball). However the water is 25C at the moment and a bit "chilly" by local standards so I abstained. They hung around for about an hour eyeing us up on the shore. Its moments like these, a great carefree social life, plenty of adventures and drama and an appreciation of life in general (that we are so lucky compared to many others) that keeps us here. There are frustrations, especially when you rely on the place for a living, but as you peel those issues away you are left with a huge quality of life and a whole "first world" to explore and appreciate even more when you are doing so. Wouldn't have it any other way today (things can change tomorrow of course!). We really are very lucky. I never take that for-granted as becomes often the custom in the "developed world".
Sounds pretty good! Sitting in the cold here in NZ it sounds particularly appealing!
Old 07-15-2014, 10:18 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

thx Matt
Old 07-16-2014, 04:50 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Looks like Herman is being hunted with ever increasing enhancements Unfortunately, a week of Tongan food will widen the 60kg weight disadvantage he already has. On the positive side, I don't need to buy a new car to find playmates. Must be time to get Yoda to set a new benchmark?
I cancelled it after Matt's comment and going in and taking a look for myself. They're cracked but I'm conserving funds and they'll do for the next 6 months. So the only enhancement Lola has is a new WOF and fresh engine and gearbox oil. Oh yeah, I've personally lost another 1kg, 10kg down from Post Christmas - ha ha,
Old 07-16-2014, 06:01 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

991 Targa............
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?