Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 08:01 PM
PHG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
The 1050 is fabulous but hasn't had enough use over winter; usual owners lament. Hauling out in Nov for new bum paint, topsides polish, GRP touch up in the cockpit and a few deferred interior cracks. Also putting a hot water cylinder in to keep the missus happy. Can you recommend a painter in viaduct or nearby? Also an engineer for hot water fittings?
I've got my stock boat out at Gulf Harbour..easiest
I have a guy I use for my maintainence work
will PM his #
Old 08-24-2014, 11:15 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Jake. That's a brilliant picture mate! We need you on our photo team with Sam!
Old 08-25-2014, 02:01 AM
Trundle
Track Day

Originally Posted by Ralf G
BBs brake pads from the States estimated arrival time is 10. September.
I'll hope you haven't abused the brakes too much and it will last until then.
They've splitt the shipping I'll get 2 parcels. One has been sent the other one is still in processing.
I think the front tyres could do with balancing. At least that was my impression the two sessions I had in it on Saturday. Does anyone know where all the wheels can be balanced locally?
Old 08-25-2014, 02:06 AM
Trundle
Track Day

Smile

Originally Posted by John McM
Jason posted that he was away for 2 months from the 27th.

What were your thoughts Tony? Are you up for more sessions?
Yes, count me in for more sessions in BB. A great device for getting back to basics. I just need to find the bi-turbo switch to progress up the board!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2014, 02:19 AM
Trundle
Track Day

Originally Posted by John McM
BB session balance as at 25 August 2014. After I successfully chase Tony for the princely sum of $25, the kitty will be $611.71 with one set of full Repco pads and two sets of EBC Yellow fronts in stock or on their way.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! successfully chased. The money will be in the bank tonight. FYI. Don't let the Mafia chase you for moolah it could be fatal.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:54 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Good one Tony. Every cent goes to keeping BB on the Track. I will go and get BB before the NITT and do a longer look at things like tyres. The front right was flat spotted so we put it on the back. Maybe the front has been flat spotted again? She gets a hard life.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:02 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trundle
I think the front tyres could do with balancing. At least that was my impression the two sessions I had in it on Saturday. Does anyone know where all the wheels can be balanced locally?
I don't know what's closer to Hampton (Pokeno? Te Kauwhata?) but Drury Tires (sic) are located right near the Drury-Pukekohe exit, on the way to ChrisB's.

I only noticed her shake coming up to turn 10, just a bit before the rev limiter was cutting in, so probably from about 145 kph or so. Wouldn't accept it for my commute but didn't bother me overly on track. I just put it down to some flat spots but since you said you could also feel it through the wheel it might be worth checking their balance.

BTW, I had no problems at all with her brakes and only recall the fronts locking momentarily the one time entering the hairpin, so haven't added any flatspots.

Watched two runs in 3D with the kids yesterday. Will have to find a higher and more solid mount for the camera than the harness bar though, as the track tended to disappear under acceleration. You know you've watched long enough when you start to get car sick on the couch...

Tony, I'll send you some pics and video of your ones soon. The receptionist here at work has the same model Integra in red, albeit an auto, so I let her know today why I smiled when I walked past it.

As mentioned, we're in good company with her:

Name:  RRsIntegra.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  134.5 KB

To get back to the usual Rennlist NZ programme - I'll be taking the yellow terror to her second ever (unless she got up to stuff I don't know about with previous owners) gymkhana on Saturday at HD. Smooth concrete there so pretty easy on the cars, especially compared to the cheese grater surface of Ardmore. Tony - I think you said you'd be there? Jake - you in too maybe?

Last edited by 996tnz; 08-25-2014 at 03:38 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:00 AM
R/c runner
4th Gear

Hey guys,

Kiwi rennlister here, currently living in china but running an rc car instead of a real one (i wish it were the other way around)

I designed my livery on a porsche template and wonder what you all think.
would be more than happy to help someone with designs for their own porsche if need be.

thanks
Attached Images   
Old 08-25-2014, 05:23 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

^^^ Welcome. Great designs!
Old 08-25-2014, 05:36 AM
R/c runner
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Macca
^^^ Welcome. Great designs!
hey macca.

thanks. although the yacht was not designed by me, that was the idea behind my design
Old 08-25-2014, 06:33 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Anyone having trouble getting onto the Rennsport Gruppe site? I haven't been able to get on all weekend....
Its back on line - but, for some reason not if using Safari. RSG & EP sites fine with Chrome.

Have posted up new event for 5 Oct at HD.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:38 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Thanks Pete
Old 08-25-2014, 07:00 AM
Luke944
Rennlist Member

My first two weeks with the car and I still need to keep checking in the garage that it wasn't just a dream! The 993 does feel really special. Listening to the burbling at the lights takes the monotony from a Monday commute. And a trip up to Palmerston last week gave me a chance to stretch its legs.

There are few niggly things to do to it- few bits of paint, the door seals replacing etc but very pleased. I did get to drive it back to back with an RS and can see how far these cars can go and how you got the modifying bug Macca! I can see a plan will emerge for my car once I get to know it a bit more.

Thanks Graeme. I did speak to Jon before I pulled the trigger to see if he had any other leads. I think it’s the Rueben era being serviced there. I’ll drop in with it one day soon. Jon mentioned the last tipo 993 he sold went to Australia for the shell to be used as the base for a race car. That black ’94 Carrera on TM last week with 175kms must have sold cheap too- listed for $40k ono.
Attached Images    
Old 08-25-2014, 07:15 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Its back on line - but, for some reason not if using Safari. RSG & EP sites fine with Chrome.

Have posted up new event for 5 Oct at HD.
Pete can you post the link you are using here. Im not having luck with any browser (IE, Chrome etc).
Old 08-25-2014, 07:55 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by R/c runner
Hey guys,

Kiwi rennlister here, currently living in china but running an rc car instead of a real one (i wish it were the other way around)

I designed my livery on a porsche template and wonder what you all think.
would be more than happy to help someone with designs for their own porsche if need be.

thanks
Looks awesome and a nice tribute. More than good enough for a full size car too, though I'd be tempted to render that map of NZ in pure black and white on the roof too if it was mine. The curves of the fern, the flag and the Camper logo just go so well with those sweet 911 contours and you have placed them well - especially those ferns on the hips.

@Luke - congrats on your car. If you're anything like me, that pinch yourself when you walk into the garage feeling will never fade away.

Last edited by 996tnz; 08-25-2014 at 08:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?