Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014 | 06:34 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Somewhere in Vila is my original Omega Seamaster Professional Chronometer watch. Picked off my bedside table, along with a bottle of Grange for my 40th, while I was out at a dinner wearing my Patek. The empty Grange bottle was found, whereas the watch never was. Sold the Patek in Jakarta to a collector and never looked back. It was a liability. I don't want the Turbo 3.6 to go the same way but I can see the signs. Life needs to become more simple in a Bays bubble sort of way as I get older. Well worn things are more fun than things that have 'value' but are never used.
Yeah. I remember you telling me. Ive been keeping an eye out for a cheap Seamaster ever since!
Ive spent 3 years trying to simplify my life. I feel the weight lift from my shoulders every year. Got rid of some property and other stuff. My only mistake to date was recently adding a 911 to the garage but I dont see its a permanent thing having two 911.
Almost there now but its still a constant process that requires a real effort. Im used to acquiring not de cluttering but the experience has been very refreshing - the older I get the less I seem to need.
All that said still have too many timepieces. Ill need to shift a few soon. If anyone interested in vintage blue dial Tudor subby or a white dial Daytona flick me a mail!
Old 08-25-2014 | 10:20 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mjg
Optimal lap time out of everyone's segments today is 1:25.308. There's a goal for you all!
Hey Matt, turns out I kind of met that goal, but only in a similarly theoretical way. The leaderboard rules, but here's some similar bench racing.

Finally found a download cable for Tony's AIM and pulled my Saturday runs into RaceStudio 2 (left the files on there for Tony to do his own later) and found the theoretical best for just mine was a 1:25.171.

That was after deleting all my 'first laps' and other garbage which had a couple of weird artefacts (gave a 1.13.668 theoretical LOL) then checking that the remaining fastest splits married up OK with the next fastest. Also checked the split before and after each of the fastest ones was a decent time, to make sure I didn't accidentally include any banzai runs into corners at the cost of exit speeds for instance (I did go for a wee wander at T8 once - just drove it wide enough to include some kitty litter).

As previously pointed out, I'm not sure that a theoretical best is actually achievable (track positions/suspension loadings may vary too much etc etc) but I'm pretty keen on another date with her sometime soon to try and find out. More realistically, my best rolling lap (ie continuously driven but measured at an optimal start-finish line instead of the real one) was a 1:27.824 spanning my last two laps of the day.

Name:  WaltHD23-08-2014.gif
Views: 163
Size:  4.2 KB

Happy to wait for others to get more seat time, but count me in for another drive anytime. She is a ton of fun!
Old 08-25-2014 | 10:29 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nzskater
Wow. I cleaned my car yesterday, but after seeing these photos it looked dirty compared. Very impressed.

Regardless, still enjoyed driving it to work today. Didn't enjoy the Audi on the left of this photo attempting to park behind me, watched her back into the car behind her in the process! Good to see her write a note and leave it on the victims windscreen.
Thanks for the compliment. Right back at 'cha - I like your pic, handsome and atmospheric. A picture by a gentleman for gentlemen
Old 08-25-2014 | 10:35 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Offshore experience suggests that keys are the weak point with cars. I keep mine in a safe so it would be a long effort, by which time the killer Ragdoll would have taken them out
John, as a banker you should know how that plays out. Out comes the rubber hose... and not for the car!
Old 08-25-2014 | 10:47 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996tnz
John, as a banker you should know how that plays out. Out comes the rubber hose... and not for the car!
What about the telephone book?
Old 08-25-2014 | 11:02 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

What about the telephone book?
Not sure, but depending where they put it, it probably hurts more than the hose. I guess it depends on the class of car thief that calls by, but I suspect some may play the man if they can't play the ball.
Old 08-25-2014 | 11:06 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Walter's post got me moving. I have spoken to Gary and the 4th is ok to run BB in two car groups.

Based on the feedback to date, two runs are preferred over one to get the best time on the day, so that means 3 drivers per group, or 6 on the day.

Right now, I have the following as definitely interested:

Dave
Doug
Sam
Ralf
Matt G
John

I have gone ahead and booked and paid for two slots at HD on 4/10. The cost is $46.75 each. I'll fix out the indemnity forms. Could the five joining me please credit my account at RSG for the above amount? We can do fine adjustments on the day if someone lucks out with a third session. Equally, if plans change then it sounds like others will jump in. No refunds if it's moist or worse. I'll still run.

Sam, you are the only one likely to have to buy two sessions credit ($50), the others have two or more sessions credit after paying $100.
Old 08-25-2014 | 11:15 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

The next Group up is easy to pick if we base it on sessions run. Chris M, Chris B, Walter, Paul, Mark H, Pete and Tony would be the obvious ones. Who knows, if someones car breaks down on 5/10 they could sneak BB out there on a sympathy ticket!
Old 08-26-2014 | 02:01 AM
Ralf G
Instructor

John, 8 bottles a0.5l of TRD Sport brake fluid arrived today at my place, 3 for myself 5 for BB. BBs part is $103.10, please put it as credit on your RSG account XLS
Old 08-26-2014 | 02:27 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ralf G
John, 8 bottles a0.5l of TRD Sport brake fluid arrived today at my place, 3 for myself 5 for BB. BBs part is $103.10, please put it as credit on your RSG account XLS
Ok.

BB starting balance is $611.71, less cost of 2.5 litres TRD @ $103.10 = $508.61in the kitty.

I assume you still want your place on 4/10 so that $103.10 would translate to a RSG credit of $56.35 ($101.30 - $46.75) for you and a credit of $46.75 for me. You are paid up for the course fees on 4/10.

Spares stock now is:

2.5 litres TRD brake fluid
Full set of Repco pads, front and rear
2 spare sets of EBC Yellow front pads.
Old 08-26-2014 | 03:02 AM
Ralf G
Instructor

Ok.

BB starting balance is $611.71, less cost of 2.5 litres TRD @ $103.10 = $508.61in the kitty.

I assume you still want your place on 4/10 so that $103.10 would translate to a RSG credit of $56.35 ($101.30 - $46.75) for you and a credit of $46.75 for me. You are paid up for the course fees on 4/10.

Spares stock now is:

2.5 litres TRD brake fluid
Full set of Repco pads, front and rear
2 spare sets of EBC Yellow front pads.
Old 08-26-2014 | 04:12 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Its back on line - but, for some reason not if using Safari. RSG & EP sites fine with Chrome. Have posted up new event for 5 Oct at HD.
Immediate thought was hell yes, then I remembered my car is off the road...

It has taken a while but I've nearly got all the prices in for parts between Steve, CCS, Design 911 and just waiting on Mark from FD Motorsports in the US. Email to Mark went into oblivion so we lost a few days. Hopefully tomorrow night I'll have all the parts costs in and will be working out the next steps.

RSG has been a great help....here's how....

John has offered me headlights (and also fog lights ex Chris M). Jason has given me a working but slightly bent oil cooler ex his 964 turbo. Sam is buying my cup primary bypass - so look forward to hearing him rock up next time you see him in the black beast. I'm going to order a secondary bypass as my secondary muffler is stuffer and Lola is currently running a loaner secondary from John. ChrisM has offered to bring small bits and pieces back from the States as he's got several trips planned coming up. Steve took half a day out to come up to HD to go over the car in detail and work out what the damage amounted to, and Dean from CCS made the same commitment. Macca has given me lots of advice and suggested best options to source parts from around the world and international freight.

RSG is simply awesome. Thank you guys.
Old 08-26-2014 | 04:31 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Interesting car... and seats. http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/wrec...-772439593.htm
Old 08-26-2014 | 04:40 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Immediate thought was hell yes, then I remembered my car is off the road...

It has taken a while but I've nearly got all the prices in for parts between Steve, CCS, Design 911 and just waiting on Mark from FD Motorsports in the US. Email to Mark went into oblivion so we lost a few days. Hopefully tomorrow night I'll have all the parts costs in and will be working out the next steps.

RSG has been a great help....here's how....

John has offered me headlights (and also fog lights ex Chris M). Jason has given me a working but slightly bent oil cooler ex his 964 turbo. Sam is buying my cup primary bypass - so look forward to hearing him rock up next time you see him in the black beast. I'm going to order a secondary bypass as my secondary muffler is stuffer and Lola is currently running a loaner secondary from John. ChrisM has offered to bring small bits and pieces back from the States as he's got several trips planned coming up. Steve took half a day out to come up to HD to go over the car in detail and work out what the damage amounted to, and Dean from CCS made the same commitment. Macca has given me lots of advice and suggested best options to source parts from around the world and international freight.

RSG is simply awesome. Thank you guys.
You are welcome Doug. Looking forward to the day we can get back out there
Attached Images  
Old 08-26-2014 | 04:42 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

In the meantime you might have to put up with this T Shirt" it should arrive soon.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?