Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 04:57 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
sorry one more...
Wow - that is some serious shine! Jason will be having serious buyers remorse now.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:13 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Macca
^^^ That's unbelievable! As Ive said before...anytime you want to make your obsession pay let me know (I have a 80L tub full of the latest cleaning systems form Dodo Juice and others with little brushes and things but Ive never used them!). I never get time to groom my own cars living offshore.

You came out pretty lucky. Pete damaged the rear rim on my car (m5) going over a curb while taking for a test drive. We kinda fell out over that (getting it repaired/resprayed then it didnt match the other etc). As you say could have been worse but very annoying. I famously write all my instructions to Dean. The boys follow them to the letter and dont divert. They know Im an **** b*stard when it comes to my cars...except for my paint which is a bit shagged now...
Thanks Macca. If I ever tire of writing code for the man i'll diversify and take it up more seriously

Originally Posted by John McM

Stunning. We should get you to have a go with BB
Haha, theres only so much magic that can happen
Old 08-24-2014, 05:39 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Stunning. We should get you to have a go with BB
We are pretty good at car detailing John. I was quite proud of our efforts on BB; when we couldn't buff it out, we went for sand paper and got through the blemishes in no time.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:38 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
We are pretty good at car detailing John. I was quite proud of our efforts on BB; when we couldn't buff it out, we went for sand paper and got through the blemishes in no time.
Jono wasn't happy that we removed the green M. That probably signalled that we're playing at being bogans.

BTW thanks for the loan of the deep socket. Not sure what it was like when you did it but the right hand side was a mission, no doubt made more difficult by the intercooler. Had to unbolt the aircon compressor (there's some great spatial awareness challenges with some bolts there) then remove part of the exhaust to get a straight line to the bolt. Some muppet had been in there before as the first two threads were iffy on the shaft nut. First thing we learned as techs is wind the nut anticlockwise until you feel the click (start of thread) then gently fasten. I also use copper grease on these types of threads. All good now. Nothing sharpens mechanical skills like knowing you are responsible for your own work and the impact if you get it wrong.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:30 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Anyone having trouble getting onto the Rennsport Gruppe site? I haven't been able to get on all weekend....
Old 08-24-2014, 08:31 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Anyone having trouble getting onto the Rennsport Gruppe site? I haven't been able to get on all weekend....
Same here.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:55 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Ive email Yoda to find a fix...
Old 08-24-2014, 04:42 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ive email Yoda to find a fix...
I think their domain is down. EP site also not working and I had a bounce back from an e-mail to Michael (he has an EP email address).

Might have to send a letter Macca!
Old 08-24-2014, 05:10 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Postal service here is crap Pete. Ill have to dust off the Pigeon...
Old 08-24-2014, 05:53 PM
Ralf G
Instructor

Thanks for the update Walter.

BB has now done 30 sessions so probably in excess of 220 laps and still going strong. Based on your observations, the fronts are wearing twice as fast as the rears. 4 more sessions and both will need replacing. Assuming that NITT is the next run, I think we can run on the remaining pads and the Repco spares until the fronts arrive.

Did you notice how many tyres are flat spotted?
BBs brake pads from the States estimated arrival time is 10. September.
I'll hope you haven't abused the brakes too much and it will last until then.
They've splitt the shipping I'll get 2 parcels. One has been sent the other one is still in processing.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:17 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Ralf, I've only done one session and three relatively brakeless laps so I haven't had a chance to abuse these brakes as much as some others I will make up for it on the 4th

We have the spare repco pads and Doug is only taking BB to Taupo so we should be fine with what we have. I propose using cheap repco pads in the rear from now. The inside rear is locking up at times so less braking force is not an issue there. We can fit the EBC yellows to the front. Btw where is the best source of TRD?
Old 08-24-2014, 07:20 PM
Ralf G
Instructor

Ralf, I've only done one session and three relatively brakeless laps so I haven't had a chance to abuse these brakes as much as some others I will make up for it on the 4th

We have the spare repco pads and Doug is only taking BB to Taupo so we should be fine with what we have. I propose using cheap repco pads in the rear from now. The inside rear is locking up at times so less braking force is not an issue there. We can fit the EBC yellows to the front. Btw where is the best source of TRD?

I think that's a good plan, EBC at the front and Repco pads at the back.
I've got my TRD fluid last time from trademe and one time from Manukau Toyota.
I need some for the Cobra in the near future, I'll order a liter for BB too if this is OK.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:22 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ralf G
I think that's a good plan, EBC at the front and Repco pads at the back. I've got my TRD fluid last time from trademe and one time from Manukau Toyota. I need some for the Cobra in the near future, I'll order a liter for BB too if this is OK.
Sounds good. Maybe a couple of liters so we have a store for future use. BB looks like she will be harder to break than expected
Old 08-24-2014, 07:22 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
The irony is that you'd be much efficient and faster the next time you did it however theres a good chance you never have to. Still theres huge satisfaction of fettling you own car.

On another note. Even though i'd explicitly asked my car not be washed by a third party, they did and destroyed the paint correction i'd done recently. Mind you they did it with the best of intentions. To a car detailing geek it was in a shocking state. Thus I spent a good part of this weekend redoing it. I'm pretty happy with how it came out. Here a are a couple of reflection shots. This first one is the refection off the bonnet, note the crest - sorry about the goober taking the shot.
Wow. I cleaned my car yesterday, but after seeing these photos it looked dirty compared. Very impressed.

Regardless, still enjoyed driving it to work today. Didn't enjoy the Audi on the left of this photo attempting to park behind me, watched her back into the car behind her in the process! Good to see her write a note and leave it on the victims windscreen.
Attached Images  
Old 08-24-2014, 07:40 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

BB session balance as at 25 August 2014. After I successfully chase Tony for the princely sum of $25, the kitty will be $611.71 with one set of full Repco pads and two sets of EBC Yellow fronts in stock or on their way.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?