Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 08:41 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Black Beauty is a DC4. Would DC5 seats fit? Just thinking about the seat belt for road driving. http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-...-762696643.htm
Old 08-06-2014, 12:20 PM
mung23
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^

may as well keep the standard DC4 seats IMO, factory honda seats are crap, not worth the hassle unbolting and rebolting rails to the seat.

you can pick up DC2 type R recaros for next to nothing on NZhondas, just do that for a cheap but more worthwhile upgrade?
Old 08-06-2014, 03:40 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice take on the Gulf scheme
Attached Images  
Old 08-06-2014, 07:36 PM
PHG
Racer

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Looks like I'll miss the AGBSM as I fly out to the US for two months on 27 Aug. Keen for sundowners on your ship another time Phil. All you're missing is the Flight Deck. Swap you for a tour of a Frigate someday??
Done...
Old 08-06-2014, 07:40 PM
KiwiSean
Pro

Speaking of 993s. Flawless dark blue (not metallic but don't know the real colour) 993 RS for sale over here in Sydney. Going to try get a closer look at it and the white 993 turbo they have in there over the weekend.

Seems to be more 993s here than 964s, just from mental notes.
Attached Images  
Old 08-06-2014, 07:40 PM
KiwiSean
Pro

Crap photo, sorry guys.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:43 PM
PHG
Racer

Neil
I can sell u a boat that will handle better in those conditions..
Old 08-06-2014, 07:44 PM
PHG
Racer

John, you putting your epic footage on a stick or portable HD?
Old 08-06-2014, 08:00 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PHG
John, you putting your epic footage on a stick or portable HD?
Probably both. I have a 32gb stick and hope it will take all of the files, but will bring a seagate portable HD as well. Just in case there are problems, particularly with speed. Both are USB. I think the HD is 3.0.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:02 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Phil, all files are HD. Even on Pete's 100 inch screen it was clear. All files have a good quality soundtrack.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:10 PM
PHG
Racer

all good..
Old 08-06-2014, 08:10 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

That will be big $$$ Sean. Keep us informed
Old 08-06-2014, 09:00 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

http://www.araihelmet-europe.com/car...tion/gp-6-ped/
http://www.araihelmet-europe.com/car/features/

Helmet Project Update. So here is the base helmet in white. The lighter carbon version of this helmet is used in F1. I decided to stick with Arai as my existing full face Arai has been a faithful high quality and long lasting companion for many years. (For Targa I use an open face Stilo with comms). I chose this one as I plan to keep the Fraser for a few years yet for track fun and in a closed car I can always use the Stilo as well. It will have preinstalled Hans anchors and there are options for iridium visors etc

I am talking to LAdesign out of Melbourne for custom paint. They do a lot of this including V8 supercar teams. The design is not yet locked down but concepts are quite developed and I am getting a computer mock up developed to make sure I am happy with final design and colour mix/co-ordination etc. I expect finalization to take a few weeks yet to allow for a bit of tweaking. They have been good to deal with but I think it is important that the customer has a well developed idea of what they want otherwise the time taken to get to design finalization could be even more expensive than it needs to be. One needs to think of the job as hand drawn art.

So the fundamental concept is to pick up themes related to my cars (emblems), NZ/kiwi (stylized flag elements) and my Chinese heritage, I won't go too far on pics yet until I have finalized after mock up. The cars and flag elements are self explanatory but some concepts to give some idea of the direction of the Chinese elements (and get Macca's juices going) are as follows;
Name- in both English and Chinese characters
Yin/Yang- Is the idea of complementary balance in all things, male/female, night/day, winter/summer, sun/moon, and of course in motorsport terms the holy grail of balance between understeer and oversteer...
The 2 creatures associated most with Yin Yang are the dragon and tiger, complementary celestial creatures for the dragons fire breathing attacking nature and the tigers stealthy defensive hunting style. Here is an example (not what I am using). Not much more for a few weeks now
Attached Images  
Old 08-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by KiwiSean
Crap photo, sorry guys.
You sure its not flat black?

I know there is no danger of you coming home with it Sean. Its Australia so they will be asking $350K for it! The 991 GT3 new is 330K AUD with a couple of options over there, we are very lucky here by comparison to their prices new and used....
Old 08-06-2014, 11:27 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by gt38088
http://www.araihelmet-europe.com/car...tion/gp-6-ped/
http://www.araihelmet-europe.com/car/features/

Helmet Project Update. So here is the base helmet in white. The lighter carbon version of this helmet is used in F1. I decided to stick with Arai as my existing full face Arai has been a faithful high quality and long lasting companion for many years. (For Targa I use an open face Stilo with comms). I chose this one as I plan to keep the Fraser for a few years yet for track fun and in a closed car I can always use the Stilo as well. It will have preinstalled Hans anchors and there are options for iridium visors etc

I am talking to LAdesign out of Melbourne for custom paint. They do a lot of this including V8 supercar teams. The design is not yet locked down but concepts are quite developed and I am getting a computer mock up developed to make sure I am happy with final design and colour mix/co-ordination etc. I expect finalization to take a few weeks yet to allow for a bit of tweaking. They have been good to deal with but I think it is important that the customer has a well developed idea of what they want otherwise the time taken to get to design finalization could be even more expensive than it needs to be. One needs to think of the job as hand drawn art.

So the fundamental concept is to pick up themes related to my cars (emblems), NZ/kiwi (stylized flag elements) and my Chinese heritage, I won't go too far on pics yet until I have finalized after mock up. The cars and flag elements are self explanatory but some concepts to give some idea of the direction of the Chinese elements (and get Macca's juices going) are as follows;
Name- in both English and Chinese characters
Yin/Yang- Is the idea of complementary balance in all things, male/female, night/day, winter/summer, sun/moon, and of course in motorsport terms the holy grail of balance between understeer and oversteer...
The 2 creatures associated most with Yin Yang are the dragon and tiger, complementary celestial creatures for the dragons fire breathing attacking nature and the tigers stealthy defensive hunting style. Here is an example (not what I am using). Not much more for a few weeks now
Loving the creative concept Graeme. It has a personal intrigue which I think is very important to a project like this. Its like seisgning your own tatoo (I dont have any but have always though if you were to have just one how hard it might be to decide on what it would be!). Im sure you are onto a winner here. Please keep us up to date with mock up scans etc....

Its all we can do to follow a decent project since David Bs longhood build thread/pictures seem to be a long time coming here ;-P hint hint!

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?