Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 07:31 AM
Ralf G
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, replacing rotors and pads shouldn't be a problem.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:36 AM
Ralf G
Instructor

What steed is BB exactly?
Honda Integra Year? Model?
Just to confirm to get the right rotors
Old 08-05-2014, 07:46 AM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Originally Posted by Ralf G
What steed is BB exactly?
Honda Integra Year? Model?
Just to confirm to get the right rotors
John will be able to confirm, but from memory a 94 Integra GSI
Old 08-05-2014, 07:46 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

John. That looks like cedar lap board and shingle. Are you staining it? if so shouldn't take more than a jiffy. Whats all that $1000s of dollars on scaffold hire and erection? I owned a painting business to pay my Uni and would have done that on an extendible with a lacky at the bottom for stability. Student labour they called it back then. Or do they lock you up now if you try that? Curious. Looks like a big outlay for a paint job. Should have told me I could have sent my Gardner over for next to nix, he has his passport and can climb a 60ft tree with a chain saw and lop it off. Would have done your whole house for $600 in wages and the ticket over....

Paul. Not often we see you in the bottom 1/4 of the results table mate! Must have been a scary day! Doug beat you ha.

Doug you forgot my most generous offer of all. To give you Code Brown moment as passenger in either of my caged cars around Manfield track!!!! Ill let you out of it if its raining ;-)

Phil. Generous offer and great idea. We fly in 06 September. 7th works for me. I doubt Id get away with flying in and immediately ignoring family but even if 6th we would stop by for a quick one on way from airport home...
Old 08-05-2014, 07:49 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

What steed is BB exactly? Honda Integra Year? Model? Just to confirm to get the right rotors
1994 Honda Integra GSI Manual 1,800cc Vin JHMDC43500SOO???? So DC4 model.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:54 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

That's Chris, Neil and me with BB on the 16th. Is there a special procedure to book BB? Haven't done it before. I'll get the pads tomorrow. John, where have you seen the rotors? is it that listing? http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-...-760661131.htm If it is that then it is in my neighbourhood. I'll get the auction and pick it up.
Google HD Ticketing. Cost for one Playday session is $140 with transaction fees.

On the day, one of you fills out the indemnity form and registers the car. The extra drivers are added to the bottom of the form. When they turn up they show their licence, sign and they get a wrist band. As long as BB has her sticker and the driver has a wrist band they are good to go.

Yes, it was at add for the rotors.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:00 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
John. That looks like cedar lap board and shingle. Are you staining it? if so shouldn't take more than a jiffy. Whats all that $1000s of dollars on scaffold hire and erection? I owned a painting business to pay my Uni and would have done that on an extendible with a lacky at the bottom for stability. Student labour they called it back then. Or do they lock you up now if you try that? Curious. Looks like a big outlay for a paint job.
All of the guttering is being replaced. They wouldn't do it without scaffolding. They wrote In the quote about preferring their employees get to go home each night and therefore were sure we would understand the scaffolding requirement. It's just brought forward the plan to restain the house black, with white window trim and copper edge join trims.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:02 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Hi guys. I've been trying to pull together a RSG discount for wheels and tires with a friend of mine in the industry. Initial discussions are looking good but no promises in case it falls over...

Whats he's asked for is a list of tyres and sizes you would be purchasing over the course of a year so he can evaluate the practicality of it all. Initially he was concerned it would be taking business away from a retailer they supplied but I explained that most of the group are going offshore now so if anything its bringing business back into NZ.

So if you could reply to this post and as people add their specs etc (any car not just Porsche) keep it in the same post that would be helpful for me to cut and paste into an email for him. With enough people to make it worth while I'm pretty sure we can get some good pricing NZ based.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:18 AM
PHG
Racer

AS the AGBSM (Annual General Bull**** Meeting) gathers pace.. the 7th appears to work well, and who could imagine a do without Macca.. it does beg the question.. Our good ladies.. from my perspective they are welcome and necessary. . I have two boats there so we could put them on one... ! (destroy this edit now) with TV of the netball or Downtown Abbey repeats.. gentlemen, bring a plate, or a mate of mine owns Toto Restaurant who do the most awesome 1m long multi taste pizzas which I know my lady relishes. And they deliver..! Its not all about us.. is it...??
Old 08-05-2014, 08:28 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
All of the guttering is being replaced. They wouldn't do it without scaffolding. They wrote In the quote about preferring their employees get to go home each night and therefore were sure we would understand the scaffolding requirement. It's just brought forward the plan to restain the house black, with white window trim and copper edge join trims.
Gotcha John. Makes much more sense in justifying the cost. The scaffolding is for the guttering the staining is a side job. I prefer my Gardner to get home each night too, because if he gets lost at the Kava bar he wont turn up the next day. Must buy him some safety jandles (they are yellow so he can find them below the tree at the end of the day after pruning with the chain saw bare foot as he does).

John. You seem to be spending a fortune rebuilding your house, garden, water feature and stuff. By the time you finished you will have spent 200K+ of your capital gains and will be moving out cause the kids have gown up and leaving those benefits for the next person to stamp their personal mark on. I think kiwis are just inflicted with the property bug that means they cant leave their properties alone and must spend money and time on it. Im sure it would look lovely with copper gutter and black stain, retainer wall and water feature and new guests bathroom but I reckon it would look better as it was before that with a spanking new GT3 out the front :-)
Old 08-05-2014, 08:37 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PHG
AS the AGBSM (Annual General Bull**** Meeting) gathers pace.. the 7th appears to work well, and who could imagine a do without Macca.. it does beg the question.. Our good ladies.. from my perspective they are welcome and necessary. . I have two boats there so we could put them on one... ! (destroy this edit now) with TV of the netball or Downtown Abbey repeats.. gentlemen, bring a plate, or a mate of mine owns Toto Restaurant who do the most awesome 1m long multi taste pizzas which I know my lady relishes. And they deliver..! Its not all about us.. is it...??
This must be the legendary Gilbert hospitality that Jimmy Clarke used to wax on about (and I guys I sh*t you not when I write that!). Look up your NZ motor history books. You might even see Phil as a weener with a few past world champions on his dads ski boat!

Im in, to be sure and so is the missus. Totos pizza sounds grand. Sunday arvo works a treat. Liferaft for the chicks could work too. :-)
Old 08-05-2014, 08:45 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Gotcha John. Makes much more sense in justifying the cost. The scaffolding is for the guttering the staining is a side job. I prefer my Gardner to get home each night too, because if he gets lost at the Kava bar he wont turn up the next day. Must buy him some safety jandles (they are yellow so he can find them below the tree at the end of the day after pruning with the chain saw bare foot as he does). John. You seem to be spending a fortune rebuilding your house, garden, water feature and stuff. By the time you finished you will have spent 200K+ of your capital gains and will be moving out cause the kids have gown up and leaving those benefits for the next person to stamp their personal mark on. I think kiwis are just inflicted with the property bug that means they cant leave their properties alone and must spend money and time on it. Im sure it would look lovely with copper gutter and black stain, retainer wall and water feature and new guests bathroom but I reckon it would look better as it was before that with a spanking new GT3 out the front :-)
Haha, reminds me of my first lunch at my French boss' house. The waiter had pants that had a razor sharp crease with the shininess that only multiple ironings over polyester can bring. It was looking ok until he coughed up phlegm multiple times and I saw these huge bare feet. They were like paddles. Island life.

As for the house, yes it's an affliction. I don't do sitting still well. Next target is the garden lighting, then the garage. Maybe the Piano can accidently roll down the driveway and make more room for cars?
Old 08-05-2014, 08:47 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PHG
All sounds good to me.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:04 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Haha, reminds me of my first lunch at my French boss' house. The waiter had pants that had a razor sharp crease with the shininess that only multiple ironings over polyester can bring. It was looking ok until he coughed up phlegm multiple times and I saw these huge bare feet. They were like paddles. Island life.

As for the house, yes it's an affliction. I don't do sitting still well. Next target is the garden lighting, then the garage. Maybe the Piano can accidently roll down the driveway and make more room for cars?
LOL! Yes the hobbit feet....

What you need to unwind and stop your reckless DIYing old man is a drug habit!

Send the kids away for the weekend, roll a spliff, put a Stones LP on the Linn LP12 (hey you are not in the Islands so Im guessing you townies all have big mono block bridged Plinius amps and electrostatics speakers at home?) and chill out in the couch. Even bigger kudos if you can both make it through the day without ditching the dressing gowns. What do you think those two Le Cobusier chairs were for? they were "listening" stations for your new recreational hobby. They are on TM if you still need them, I sold Meridian and Plinus gear when I left for the islands. we do it in a hammock now!
Old 08-05-2014, 09:09 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Bloody hell Phil. That things better than any Gin Palace. "Only" 73 foot. Whos ya daddy!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?