Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Havent seen Simons old RS out there for a while. Its one of the good ones. Looks like its wearing non stock wheels.

Always worth a wander downstairs too to see whats lurking.

My car was in a million pieces (air con fitment requires half rear dash removal and fuel tank removal etc) last time I spoke with him. Now awaiting gearbox parts from Germany and Guards LSD (shipped today ex USA). Hopefully the car will be all back together by end of next week then just needing that rock dent removal, alignment and a groom.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:19 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM

Great news Warwick. I hope you will at least be at the PCNZ parade laps on the 15th?
Thanks John. We have tentative plans to travel that weekend but for sure if not. I need to join the PCNZ
Old 06-03-2014, 09:23 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by peterC2S

Awesome news - don't be a stranger out at the track - can we sign you up for our North Island track tour now!!?
Thanks Peter. I hope to be out on track once I've got my head around the car. I would like to familiarize myself with the mechanical and driving quirks before giving us both stress on a circuit
Old 06-03-2014, 09:27 PM
KiwiSean
Pro

Nice cars there at CCS today.

Here's a random one for a Wed...

Any of you know any 928 boffins?

I'm trying to track down my old mans '81 928s manual. It was an early S, ex UK, in polar silver (I think). he owned it in the early 80s and reckons he sold it to a guy in Whangarei.

EDIT: the car was definitely silver I'm just not sure on the exact colour name. Had blue leather interior.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:24 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
Thanks Peter. I hope to be out on track once I've got my head around the car. I would like to familiarize myself with the mechanical and driving quirks before giving us both stress on a circuit
Warwick, after the initial settling in period there's a limit to what can learned about your new car, on the road. Sedate track driving is the next logical step.

While we talk a lot on this forum about lap times etc there are a sizable number who pedal around the track at a fast clip for road speeds but well within the cars and drivers capabilities.

Don't be a stranger and don't hesitate to wander around to Kohi one day and I can take you through the finer points of these cars.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:23 AM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All the best with Mr Black, Warwick and so pleased he's going to a real enthusiast and good bugger. He's served me really well and only let me down once; can't say that about many women in my life! I believe I travelled 80K kms in him over 6 years. Really nice meeting and dealing with you and look forward to seeing you at the track, applying your bike skills to the four wheel format. Do be sure to put fresh SRF brake fluid in before you have a crack!! He's due.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:24 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Warwick, after the initial settling in period there's a limit to what can learned about your new car, on the road. Sedate track driving is the next logical step.

While we talk a lot on this forum about lap times etc there are a sizable number who pedal around the track at a fast clip for road speeds but well within the cars and drivers capabilities.
Yes, that's what I was thinking too. The same theory I used for my bikes though eventually I ended giving up the road for riding on the track exclusively. More out of self preservation. Its a slippery slope I know only too well

Don't be a stranger and don't hesitate to wander around to Kohi one day and I can take you through the finer points of these cars.
Thanks, that's very kind of you
Old 06-04-2014, 12:30 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
All the best with Mr Black, Warwick and so pleased he's going to a real enthusiast and good bugger. He's served me really well and only let me down once; can't say that about many women in my life! I believe I travelled 80K kms in him over 6 years. Really nice meeting and dealing with you and look forward to seeing you at the track, applying your bike skills to the four wheel format. Do be sure to put fresh SRF brake fluid in before you have a crack!! He's due.
Cheers Jason. It was really nice meeting you too. I'm glad to finally be a card carrying member. last night my mother commented how much I wanted a pcar since I was a kid. I remember reading a Porsche book when I was about 7 and some guy in Cali couldn't decide on black or minerva blue 930...so he bought one of each! Ever since then I was a convert.

I've got the fluids near the top of my maintenance plan...
Old 06-04-2014, 12:41 AM
964X33
Burning Brakes

I know what you mean. Here's a wooden car I made when I was 9. 27 years later I got a real one. My son drives this one now.
Attached Images  
Old 06-04-2014, 12:45 AM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Not exactly a boffin but I really like 928s Sean. They hardly ever seem to come up in manual. Great bang for buck but I wonder what maintenance is like. Have never come across your Dad's one sorry.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:46 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sean. Ask your old man for the Rego and run it through carjam.co.nz
Old 06-04-2014, 12:57 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
Cheers Jason. It was really nice meeting you too. I'm glad to finally be a card carrying member. last night my mother commented how much I wanted a pcar since I was a kid. I remember reading a Porsche book when I was about 7 and some guy in Cali couldn't decide on black or minerva blue 930...so he bought one of each! Ever since then I was a convert.

I've got the fluids near the top of my maintenance plan...
Ding! I read that line too. Still have the book. Petersons Porsche classics. About 1982.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:50 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Was it '82? I must have been a bit older then. I glad someone else remembers. I only read it once and it was my overriding memory. I might have to try and find a copy
Old 06-04-2014, 01:58 AM
KiwiSean
Pro

Originally Posted by Macca
Sean. Ask your old man for the Rego and run it through carjam.co.nz
He can't remember it and no photos he can find. Helpful I know.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:59 AM
KiwiSean
Pro

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Not exactly a boffin but I really like 928s Sean. They hardly ever seem to come up in manual. Great bang for buck but I wonder what maintenance is like. Have never come across your Dad's one sorry.
Horrific I would imagine, lol

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?