Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 01:23 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gt38088
haha sounds like we got some others wanting to fill some trophy space
I'm never going to win a trophy for being the fastest, so something in the trophy cabinet is better than nothing............
Old 06-01-2014, 02:05 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Another parts car John???

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-736388093.htm
Old 06-01-2014, 02:23 AM
Ridgeline911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Matt, Chris B, Michael and Chris M - I need you guys to seriously consider the PCNZ Sprints or Time Trials please. We are having to resort to inviting other car clubs as the numbers are not enough at the mo?? Mark - you can limp around with first and forth gears?? - or bring the blue beast........... .
Hi, sorry, traveling in the US right now, so haven't been keeping up to date. Depending on the dates I'll look at joining in with the road car.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:32 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

That hurts. It makes the other one look like good value.

Had a hard day. Water blasted the front of the house only to hear my son say, "Dad, there's water running out of the light in the garage" wtf... water going where it doesn't normally go had tracked into the garage ceiling. Luckily it wasn't going on Herman.

As you do, I stopped water blasting and worked on Herman. Straightened his smile. Fitted a new mesh grille. The other one was munted after hitting too many marsupials. All good now, except I need to repair a split in the Techart middle under panel.
Attached Images    
Old 06-01-2014, 06:47 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Ha ha, enjoyed that
Old 06-01-2014, 06:59 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Ha ha, enjoyed that
I think this is my pop, he don't live with us anymore cuz he can't be around small animals or electric kitchen appliances....
Old 06-01-2014, 09:54 AM
KiwiSean
Pro

I really did laugh reading this...

"Numerous unique performance and cosmetic enhancements including:

* Blue backlighting for dashboard (see photo).
* Separate front and rear amplifiers, Harmon Kardon Infinity front speakers and crossovers, Fusion rear speakers.
* Remote central locking with 2 remotes.
* Adjustable front strut brace.
* Cellphone USB charger in centre console.
* Tidy exterior (no splits in spoiler, headlights clear, no fading of centre tail-light, no rips/cracks in targa top).
* Excellent dashboard condition."
Old 06-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=736502115

Who is next with a hot rod build?
Old 06-01-2014, 05:27 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=736502115 Who is next with a hot rod build?
You need to inspire us with more details of your build
Old 06-01-2014, 05:36 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Dave. That would be good. Its been months now and all we have seen is some wheels and the girls at work over the trunk!
Old 06-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Still looking the same but work on the shell has advanced. I visited last wednesday and the door gaps were being worked on, all rust has been taken care of, fender lips rolled, sill trim holes welded up and general body prep. I've spent way too much time thinking about interior details. It's coming along, but mostly in my head. I will press the button on two FG seat shells soon to get those going with the intended period modifications and will have the internal door furniture design done soon. Laser cut, folded and welded aluminium arm rests, visible welds, bronze anodised, Integrated leather door release strap. Folded aluminium map pockets. New lower dash face just above the knee pad in bronze anodised folded aluminium sheet, complete with a thousand small hole perforations and etched names for **** functions. Will add in two silver anodised horizontal trim lines like the original. Glove box delete. Pride of place will be the Rundenmeister clocks in front of the co pilot. A '70 is no place for carbon fibre, and is to new for wood. Aluminium is the choice. Getting closer with leather options and carpets / trim.
The plan is still a brown theme, but failing that, black, and all the aluminium trim would then be black anodised too.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Loving the interior theme Dave. Like you for me the interior of my 993 was of greater focus and interest than the exterior. Definitely no need for CF in there. Leather steel and wood are the only materials should feature in an old timer. Love the brass idea. Soft metal but has a lovely lustre. Keep it brushed without clear coat for future patina.

Remember photos or it never happened!
Old 06-01-2014, 06:37 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

For anyone thinking about the GoPro or Sony camera options, this may be worth considering. For experimental purposes if nothing else.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-hd-360-camera
Old 06-01-2014, 07:05 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Yes Dave, would love to see some photos of little details. Like your girly style book, bits and pieces that are forming ideas. You may inspire more to join the club :-P
Old 06-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Capet samples from Lakewell, and leather sample. Leather is quite hard to come by in the right shades of brown for what I want. Most are the more modern automotive tans and baby poo browns which won't work with signal orange. This sample is an Aniline leather which will age and mark nicely but can be brought back easily enough. I would actually like a shade lighter but no luck so far. Trying to avoid a gentleman's club look. I plan to have leather on the seats, door and rear side panels and possibly up over the back shelf so slightly lighter may be required for all that coverage. Carpet is limited too unless you commission a locally made set but the Lakewell sets from Belgium seem to be good and price isn't bad and it will fit. downside is only three options for colour. Black is easy but I'm determined to do brown. Interested in your feedback about which carpet goes with the leather best. Trying to avoid a layered cake look so degree of contrast will be important.

I don't know what you mean by Brass Macca? I hope you're not visualizing forged brass door hardware on an 1890's motorized gentleman's carriage? Bronze anodizing is a bit more subtle and even - think old Bronze anodized windows and a darker more even shade of that. If you bead blast the work first, it looks super smooth.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?