Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 05:54 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
We haven't managed an RSG Playday since the South Island tour - I get the feeling that the next one will be Taupo/Manfield.
Quite likely. Plenty of normal and prestige Playdays to take over though with a core RSG attendance.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:35 AM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the push Paul but I've got a bit on my plate and the car (note the singular) needs some prep.

Might pop down for a squizz tho.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:02 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

whew. on waiheke for a couple of days off site strategy meetings. Just caught up on a few pages.

I reckon a 265 Megane is much more benign than the v6 clio for a targa car. Much easier to drive and not tail happy in the wet. I have done a lot of road mile in a clio 172.

whats the news on chris' new targa car?? may have scanned everything too quick to note this tonight
Old 06-05-2014, 04:58 PM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
PCNZ Sprints Day - 15 June 2014: As John says, we can't do sprints & RT's on the same day. So we are now doing single car and dual car sprints all day. 5 laps. So far Pete, John, Doug, Gary Dunlop, Craig Pye, Ron and Patsy, Walter, Neil D and me have signed up. Razzo is going to sign up and be there on the day. Dan the man is scrutineer....... Chris B, Chris M, Matt, Mark, Michael, (Jason) - whats the story lads??
I'll reregister for the Sprints - put me in a 7/10ths matchup, please.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:12 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

For Dave
Attached Images   
Old 06-05-2014, 07:42 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

The perfect leather colour in my humble opinion, matched with the Old Beige sample you posted earlier. Glad it's not me making the decision to a certain degree. Is a hard one. Good luck.

Finally edited some of my GoPro footage from the Colorado mountains. John, respect for the effort you must have put in to reviewing everything from the SITT. I think the footage you collected was substantially longer than mine, and I still found it hard to dedicate time to it.

Old 06-05-2014, 07:50 PM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Now that's what I call decent snow. Here's hoping for a big dump this month.

Just got a quote for a new windscreen from ccs. $2300! Plus $230 for the rubber. Should make you feel better about your TM buy John?
Old 06-05-2014, 08:01 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Now that's what I call decent snow. Here's hoping for a big dump this month. Just got a quote for a new windscreen from ccs. $2300! Plus $230 for the rubber. Should make you feel better about your TM buy John?
No that doesn't make me feel any better. Pack n send broke the screen in transit. I got the freight cost back but lost the purchase cost of $159. The screen was perfect. Very unhappy.
Attached Images  
Old 06-05-2014, 08:05 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nzskater
The perfect leather colour in my humble opinion, matched with the Old Beige sample you posted earlier. Glad it's not me making the decision to a certain degree. Is a hard one. Good luck. Finally edited some of my GoPro footage from the Colorado mountains. John, respect for the effort you must have put in to reviewing everything from the SITT. I think the footage you collected was substantially longer than mine, and I still found it hard to dedicate time to it. Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5dHO8NFapA
I'll check the video out tonight. Still need to complete my work on the SITT. My iMac hard drive gave up the ghost so am fixing it. Along with changing out the rear struts on the Turbo 3.6, repainting the house and finishing finer points on Herman. Peter is adjusting the alignment and stance today.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:15 PM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by John McM
No that doesn't make me feel any better. Pack n send broke the screen in transit. I got the freight cost back but lost the purchase cost of $159. The screen was perfect. Very unhappy.
Gutted. Sorry, didn't mean to make you feel worse. Don't get me started on modern tradesmanship. Maybe you should have more clearly identified the package as fragile?
Even the cat looks sad about it.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:54 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn. I suppose Pack and Send had that slippery 'all care, no responsibility' type clause then. Guess we're all going to up our shipping paranoia further - my track tyres looked to have suffered some indignities en route too.

Was going to suggest you could go for that retro split-screen look but it might uncomfortably remind us of our VW past (and future).
Old 06-05-2014, 09:23 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Really sorry to hear that John. I have a real problem with the quality of NZ Post/Logistics/handling. Ive sent well over 500 parcels from the UK, USA and elsewhere to NZ in the last 8 years (I never send a thing to Vanuatu that's like the black hole of postal Calcutta!). Not a single lost package or broken item (Im clutching this timber dining table as I write this!). I have used NZ Post/Couriers over that same duration to send perhaps 30 parcels around the country. two have been lost and one damaged!

I managed to drive a GT3 around Europe for 3300 km and endure three stone chips according to the agents UV scan of the car (they make note of every blemish!). Im serious - three (one tiny one on the lower bumper, on small stone pock on the outside edge of the screen and a chip on one of the wheel spokes - try that in NZ!). They get the car from Zurich to Germany no problem. Then from Germany on teh boat for 6 weeks no problem. Off the boat no problem. Then the ****** at NZ boarder control scrpae the lower underside of the bumper (badly enough to split the plastic crush a brake vent thingy and ruin the front splitter) moving it to be sprayed at MAF. $1900 it has cost me to sort out that (paint, new splitter and brake ducts and the labour to remove transport and re install). All because some incompetent ***** in NZ decides a 100m low sports car will fit on a dodgy transporter. I had no control and it was out of insurance durastriction.

No offence if any of your work in teh NZ services industry and take this with a pinch of salt but generally speaking NZ customer services is a woeful affair. You get better service from the Polish in London. The USA is the best of the lot along with Japan. I think I had better service in Cuba than NZ.

I have concluded customer service in NZ is as satisfying as having a toe sucking fetish in a leper colony (no you wont find that elsewhere as I just made it up LOL!).
Old 06-05-2014, 09:30 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You knew it was going to happen John.............

It only took 3 attempts to change my wind screen
Old 06-05-2014, 09:31 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

P.S. I love NZ and the SITT made me fall in love with the scenery even more. Its a great place. I have only a few gripes with the place (relatively minor really):

The weather (in winter although I note global warming seems to be addressing that nicely - Ill go burn a few more tyres this weekend and help make your next summer an even warmer one!) .

The nanny state, POS, BS Politically correct twaddle everyone is being brainwashed into. Being an employer is like wrapping yourself in bacon and throwing yourself to the sharks and you cant even tell a co workers whose been dieting and going to the gym for months that she has a nice *** any more without getting arrested and tortured

The fact every-time I visit I see less and less Kiwis in NZ. I think your children all need to learn mandarin..

The aforementioned lack of customer service. Retail staff get paid fractionally more than being on the dole with no incentive to please their jobs or master their trade...
Old 06-05-2014, 09:34 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
It only took 3 attempts to change my wind screen
Paul. Undeliverable isnt it. The last two 993/964 window installs Im personally aware of have been an absolute bungle. Jo said to me on teh way home form the SITT that my window was peppered enough to warrant replacement in the soon future. Just looked at her and told her that windows not coming out till the car needs all the glass removed for a full body respray!

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?