Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 02:28 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Hi John. That's brilliant thanks. Looking at Design911, I get as follows: 328.28 GBP = 647.52 NZD per Google.That times 60% = $388.51. Happy to make it up to a round $400. Will PM you my contact details - could collect this weekend if it suits. Just race seat/s and a rollbar (or at least harness bar) still on the local wishlist then.
I like round numbers Got your PM. Will text you when I get back from the PCNZ driver training this afternoon.

With a harness bar, Steve R supplied mine for the C4 at a reasonable price and is bolt in.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:30 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CS Mende
Put me down for one as well. Looks like four now - perhaps we can negotiate a bit more! I have HANS posts already installed. Based on measurements the locations are close and drilled holes should be the same size. Where are these guys located? I'll stop in with the helmet to doublecheck.
Chris, you need a harness for these to work properly. Have you got one for the 997? Shop is Chicane, in the same block you had your compliance done i.e. Penrose. Shane opens on Saturdays, sometimes, but it pays to ring ahead.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:06 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi John. That's brilliant thanks. Looking at Design911, I get as follows:

328.28 GBP = 647.52 NZD per Google.That times 60% = $388.51. Happy to make it up to a round $400. Will PM you my contact details - could collect this weekend if it suits.

Just race seat/s and a rollbar (or at least harness bar) still on the local wishlist then.
I've got a spare seat. Out of character for a long hood so planned to move it on at some stage.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:37 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CS Mende
Put me down for one as well. Looks like four now - perhaps we can negotiate a bit more!

I have HANS posts already installed. Based on measurements the locations are close and drilled holes should be the same size.

Where are these guys located? I'll stop in with the helmet to doublecheck.
Chris, I bought 3 yesterday for Pete, John and I and they have Maccas name to get one when he is back. As John said, go in to Chichane and give Shane my name and tell him you are linked to the ones I got and he will give you the price. Its a good price when you see what they sell for in the US and it was based on at least 3 and most likely around 5 units.

You do need a full harness for them to work though as John said.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:01 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by John McM
Great, although as discussed: 1. No matter what time you put down, you just know Paul will pair us up on the grid 2. Any talk of taking it easy will end up with the standard reply
Ok, some lines for suitable tui ads.....

We have a gentlemen's agreement we will not race each other and thrash our old cars

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
As per your text, I will put Herman and Lola beside each other and nominate a 1.19. .
I didn't say anything

Originally Posted by Macca
Nice work Paul. This will be fun to watch. Douggie on r compounds this time. Lets see who wins the race to a 2/3rd syncho job eh LOL!
I'll be wearing my old SITT road tyres for this.

Originally Posted by Maxem
I've got a spare seat. Out of character for a long hood so planned to move it on at some stage.
It's good and little used. Also, the seat has a Porsche mounting kit which may save you some money/hassle unless the rail positioning is different between 964 and your car. Dave will probably know.

Dave, may I borrow it in June? Ha ha
Old 05-23-2014, 09:09 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Ok, some lines for suitable tui ads.....

We have a gentlemen's agreement we will not race each other and thrash our old cars

I didn't say anything

I'll be wearing my old SITT road tyres for this.

It's good and little used. Also, the seat has a Porsche mounting kit which may save you some money/hassle unless the rail positioning is different between 964 and your car. Dave will probably know.

Dave, may I borrow it in June? Ha ha
No probs Doug. I want to see what the red car is capable of. Might give you another second. There's nothing better than seeing your own car being driven to its maximum potential, especially when you don't own it anymore!
Old 05-23-2014, 10:56 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

No probs Doug. I want to see what the red car is capable of. Might give you another second. There's nothing better than seeing your own car being driven to its maximum potential, especially when you don't own it anymore!
Wet for some of the PCNZ driver training today. Perfect C4 weather if we get the same for the Sprints, not that I'm hoping for that
Old 05-23-2014, 11:25 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just race seat/s and a rollbar (or at least harness bar) still on the local wishlist then.
What size seat do you want. I have 2 Racetech seats in the 944 and ideally want to move the passenger one which I think is a 4009 (or 4000) regular size (not wide). It was the previous owner's drivers seat but I had to swap them over so means the passenger seat is now the tight one!
Old 05-23-2014, 11:28 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sorry - just saw Dave's post above. His seat is newer and would be ideal
Old 05-23-2014, 11:37 PM
Runtothehills
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some nice recaros for sale in the rennlist marketplace too....

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...ion-seats.html
Old 05-24-2014, 12:29 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds good Dave - will PM you to discuss. Pete - thanks for your offer too but while I can almost sit ON a standard Racetech, I can only sit IN a wide. Might look at one of yours Pete for a passenger seat though down the track.

If my car wasn't a 2+2 the Recaros would be of interest as they are nice (red aside) but since I'm gonna be swapping the sports seats back in between meetings anyway, any decent race seat should do.

My 2 year old wanted a ride in the Turbo today so I took him and his 4 year-old brother out in it when I went to Contis to collect some metal valve stems I had waiting there. After the Porsche showroom, we found Ferrari had moved so I gave in to his next wish and dropped by the Lambo showroom in Ponsonby. Think the salespeople lost interest as soon as they saw the second kid get out! No competing with the Turbo there, although I noticed both Contis Porsche and Lambo did also have an AM Rapide on display.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:29 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Why has Ferrari moved, anyone know?
Old 05-24-2014, 05:06 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Don't know, but it has turned visiting it into a real effort. Simon and I went to CCS, saw the Porsches and couldn't be pfaffed looking for Ferrari so went to lunch instead, and he's a Ferrari nut.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:28 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Don't know, but it has turned visiting it into a real effort. Simon and I went to CCS, saw the Porsches and couldn't be pfaffed looking for Ferrari so went to lunch instead, and he's a Ferrari nut.
No idea why. Maybe the building is getting done up and they'll be back for all I know. Note on it saying they're somewhere in Ellerslie now.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:03 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Wasnt there a bit of a bust up between CCS and the Importer (Neil Crichton)?

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?