Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 02:17 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Black Beauty 2 has a LVV for after market seats. Herman has after market seats on sliders and passes the WOF at CCS with no LVV. As for insurance I've just had a valuation done mentioning them.
Originally Posted by Macca
Never had a problem in all these years myself. The LVV for this was likely aimed at the drifters and boy racer brigade IMO, Im not sure they will take a second glance at a Porsche.

A version of the PP was series production option in 964 and 993 so it qualifies as original equipment even if after-market sourced - so I have been told by Dean.
Thanks for the info fellas. What you both have said resonates with how i was thinking

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Warwick, what is southbound quoting for a pair?
I approached Southbound for the sliders and mounts. According to David they did a test a few years ago with a 964, 3.2, SC, 944, and 928 and found the Recaro system simply didn't fit without modification and sat far too high. They produce there own mounts that fit the Recaro sliders. About 50mm lower, they also allow to mount the seat belt receiver without having to purchase the RS bracket and spacers. He also suggested a bolt kit to match. Approx 240 GBP for the hardware plus 70ish for shipping. Unfortunately, they couldn't compete with another english company on the price of the pews. If i was to go with the standard Recaro leather/suede that comes in about 1130 GBP incl shipping + gst etc
Old 12-24-2014, 02:24 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

John you don't waste any time. Congrats! I hope it treats you well. Can't argue with the value that's for sure!! Merry Xmas to all. Been an awesome car year. SITT & NITT - 7 track days for me ( each a different track) so I was pleased. Even got a chance to finally return to HD the track I've had less laps on than Manfield!! None of it would have been the same without the camaraderie and friendships of many on here.... Seems a long time ago but exactly this afternoon a year ago we drove up to The Hermitage in out GT3 after a wet drive from the Riviera. Seems like a long time ago now....
A busy day. Texted the seller at 6:30. Saw Dean at 8:00 to view the Turbo 3.6. Fought off a crowd at Nespresso at 9:00, car offer accepted at 9:30. Herman valuation received at 10:30. Car in the garage by 12:00. Christmas Day will be a doddle by comparison. A bit over cars. Because CCS have the Turbo 3.6 for the PPI I suspect I might never drive the car for more than a few I'm again. Herman and Cayenne are likely my new reality...for the moment.

Btw When are you at Oakura?
Old 12-24-2014, 04:11 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Busy day alright! Mine was lazy. Washed the car, took for a nice drive this arvo to in laws for dinner. Now all fed and watered.

8-9-10 Jan I think...
Old 12-24-2014, 04:24 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Busy day alright! Mine was lazy. Washed the car, took for a nice drive this arvo to in laws for dinner. Now all fed and watered. 8-9-10 Jan I think...
Thanks. I may not have to return to work until 19/1 so plenty of time to finish painting the house etc and get up there.

Maybe we can do Dom Perignon in Russell? Missing the Christmas CCS boat will slow things down considerably. Still need to wash engine and advise on oil seepage. I think all other items are taken care of. Dean will also need to write someone appropriately detailed. Exhaustive PPI. We could be talking The New Year to tie things down.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:27 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for your posts Penguinracer. I've thought for the last few years that a mildly hotted-up 944 Turbo is the most "bang for the buck" in the Porsche world. I'd like to have one, one day...
Old 12-24-2014, 04:42 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

John. That's a bit frustrating re CCS. They are working to get more techs in 2015 and someone to replace Rob. It's been chaos there the last 6 weeks. I think it was a combination of heightened enthusiast requests with usual pre Xmas service work.

Would be good to see you up North if it works out. We are around till 24 Jan so plenty of time to have that lunch mate. I'm sure it will all go fine with Rich...
Old 12-24-2014, 04:57 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

I'd like to see a central Auckland Porsche Classic service and retail set up with a panel shop etc.

I think we are lucky that Dean holds enough interest in the older cars to keep us in the fold but I sense that the older cars are losing ground to water pumpers in numbers and the sales guys don't get business off us so more and more it will become modem model focussed.

As for Richard. He's doing it the right way. Relatively, it's a lot of money and shouldn't be rushed it's just that what was an asset suddenly becomes a liability because the sale is in its current condition i.e. Accident free and mechanically sound.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:59 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Thanks for your posts Penguinracer. I've thought for the last few years that a mildly hotted-up 944 Turbo is the most "bang for the buck" in the Porsche world. I'd like to have one, one day...
If the dates work I may yet claim a spot on the drive day. Watch our for BB. We know she's cabable of 1.26.xx and is keen for scalps
Old 12-24-2014, 05:17 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

If the dates work I may yet claim a spot on the drive day. Watch our for BB. We know she's cabable of 1.26.xx and is keen for scalps
John you stick with the fighting talk - a bit disappointed that (for now at least) the Q5/GT3 plan was replaced by a Cayenne as a GT3 would have claimed some scalps for sure.

Look forward to catching up and assessing the new purchase. We're in the same boat but looking at the 07+ models - anyone with experience there please chime in.

We'll miss the summer BBQ Xmas but will be back for drives from the 9th. Stay safe on the roads all - funny how over here 140+ feels safer than 100kmh at home. Just a different standard of driving I guess.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:51 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sound's good, maybe I can do some slipstreaming

What's your best time in BB?
Old 12-24-2014, 06:49 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Seats arrived today. I'll post more pics tomorrow when I'm not half asleep!
Attached Images     
Old 12-24-2014, 07:13 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

well lads busy day today. Still working til 1pm today then a gym session to tone up for some serious eating tomorrow.

On the car front a bit frustrating. Picked up the Fraser yesterday after a bit more fettling and looking fwd to some drives in fine weather around welly. But had to take it back early this morning as it had a sticky brake on the front - likely a new front master cylinder needed. Must have been pushing the pedal too hard last time at Manfield trying to keep in front of Macca.

Engine out of the Targa car looking for the cause of compression down in 1 cylinder. Pistons and rings look good so next need to check head for a valve or something.

hey Paul u in Welly? I can't say I have seen a hotrod 996 around. Must take more notice at club functions.

All the best for 2015 everyone. I must say I really enjoyed the SITT and NITT
Old 12-24-2014, 07:20 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

like those carbon seats for sure.
Old 12-24-2014, 08:46 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Everything is better in America.....
Attached Images  
Old 12-24-2014, 12:37 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Sound's good, maybe I can do some slipstreaming What's your best time in BB?
1.30 in the old configuration. I didn't get a chance in the new one as Chris & Chris were swapping #1 spots.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?