Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 03:49 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Is this your interior with the lolly pop seat..........
Yes - DP Motorsport
Old 01-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by gt38088
Yes - DP Motorsport
Do you know the make and model of the passengers seat?
Old 01-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Garry D
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree , talking the price up is one thing , finding the person to part with the cash
when you want it is another.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Chris B + Doug. Keep us informed on what works out with Dan & Steve. My original expectations were that this would be the case but with so many people swapping to sorted "street cars" for this trip from harder core track cars I see the demand diminishing unfortunately. John, Paul, Peter H and 30% possibly myself are now taking road cars with I assume in most cases a single set of wheels/tyres for sake of convenience etc. Of course Ron, Patsy, Richard Snow and the Mitchells will also be running single late model cars with single sets of (new) road tyres too. That leaves yourself, probably myself and Doug who may need a second wheel set. Graeme will trailer his own rig. Im not sure what Steve will do. That being said mechanical support for the group is well worth considering for sure. Just look at the NITT. This will be much harder on the cars so expect the need for pad changes, wheel swaps, brake bleeds etc.

I think it would be great to offer a two tiered package like last time. Simple support (mandatory?) and tyre/wheel change (extra). Im sure I can get the Mitchels, Ron, Richard all on board with this approach...
Old 01-08-2014, 05:32 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Do you know the make and model of the passengers seat?
Don't know any model or part number but its Recaro and my understanding its a period original from 72. Note the mechanism on the side to adjust the rake of the backrest a bit.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:56 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
Im having trouble keeping up with you guys aye! Thats just on the computer too!
Damn, the conspiracy to confuse Macca may have been exposed.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:14 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by mjg
Doug, moving the Cape Reinga run makes it a lot more approachable, sounds like a good plan.
Excellent, I'll take this means you're now confirmed?

Originally Posted by CS Mende
No conflicts I'm aware of -- booked!
Excellent, thanks Chris.

Originally Posted by ChrisB_NZ
Ive been discussing the plan with Steve and Dan and it is as you outlined John. Additional component would be Dan coming with us to cover mechanical support for the trip.
Brilliant.

Chris B + Doug. Keep us informed on what works out with Dan & Steve. My original expectations were that this would be the case but with so many people swapping to sorted "street cars" for this trip from harder core track cars I see the demand diminishing unfortunately. John, Paul, Peter H and 30% possibly myself are now taking road cars with I assume in most cases a single set of wheels/tyres for sake of convenience etc. Of course Ron, Patsy, Richard Snow and the Mitchells will also be running single late model cars with single sets of (new) road tyres too. That leaves yourself, probably myself and Doug who may need a second wheel set. Graeme will trailer his own rig. Im not sure what Steve will do. That being said mechanical support for the group is well worth considering for sure. Just look at the NITT. This will be much harder on the cars so expect the need for pad changes, wheel swaps, brake bleeds etc. I think it would be great to offer a two tiered package like last time. Simple support (mandatory?) and tyre/wheel change (extra). Im sure I can get the Mitchels, Ron, Richard all on board with this approach...
Great, IMO we should have a compulsory all RSG participants in to cover Dan's cost. None of us can predict what problems might come up, eg my water leak on a recent HD day was out of the blue on a modern car and if it happened on the SITT would need a mechanic to sort. Also Neil's 997 GT3 stuffed a tyre requiring a lot of co-ordination and work by Dan to get a replacement and fitting sorted, and it was one of the newest cars and was pretty random.

Steve also requires a set of wheels to be shipped for his car (when I last checked). In Dropbox we have a record of what people needed, you all may need to revisit and recheck what you've asked for.

Lastly, it seems planning and conversations about the SITT keep migrating back to here on RL where they will become swamped and lost.

I'm requesting again, Can we please use the RSG SITT thread for discussion and updates on the SITT trip so that we've got one reference point?? Keeping track of this over two forums is hard work and important information may be missed. Cheers for that.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Sorry Doug. Will keep the conversation on RSG. We generate enough traffic here as it is...!
Old 01-08-2014, 07:01 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gt38088
Yes - DP Motorsport
So what does a lollie-pop seat set you back??

On the basis that I am asking, I probably can't afford..............
Old 01-08-2014, 07:16 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Seats came with the car Paul. Surely you are across the story of Graemes wonderful RS replica import from Germany.....just a superb car.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:44 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh lord won't you but me a GT3.......... Friends all have faster Porsche's, I must make amenz.......
Attached Images    
Old 01-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Thats Richard Snows car. Arrived on the boat on Monday. Undergoing Pre Delivery Inspection. These look better in the flesh than in photos as Paul can now attest. this car will be on the SITT. Richard will be a very happy boy this weekend...in the meantime expect crowds to gather!
Old 01-08-2014, 08:34 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thats Richard Snows car. Arrived on the boat on Monday. Undergoing Pre Delivery Inspection. These look better in the flesh than in photos as Paul can now attest. this car will be on the SITT. Richard will be a very happy boy this weekend...in the meantime expect crowds to gather!
I was in there last night and the boys were all around it having a beer - it is very nice in the flesh but unfortunately was up on the hoist so not a lot of time to inspect. Great that the first one is RED!
Old 01-08-2014, 08:41 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

As Macca says all done for me. Just looked at spec sheet again and passenger is original Recaro RS with that screw adjustment and the driver is period correct replica from late 2.8RSR by DP Motorsport

http://www.dp-motorsport.de/23.html?...ash=6fb39c2854

you can check out web site
Old 01-08-2014, 08:47 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Macca by the time your car gets here and with a couple more cars delivered by dealers here there is going to a great deal of enthusiasm for 991 gt3. I looked at the Evo 2013 COTY video again last night. if you ever want to sell that car there will be a nice line up...

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?