Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 07:03 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

I have a classic seat fitted. Supportive but quite narrow, yet fits me. Helmet room is back to standard problem but the cross bars can be lowered (this is the trial period to see what needs to be done to make it comfortable. I like Masa's harness bar. Must find out where that came from
Attached Images     
Old 11-15-2013, 07:06 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Massas car has gone all "Ricer" with that interior mate. I know now why he was pouring over my car asking about where I got the seats and the half cage. He needs some serious help in there. No less than Recaro Pole Positions and Heigo half cage should be in that iconic car for sure and whats that picnic blanket on the rear parcel shelf and those seat belt tweety bird thingys doing there. Come on John. Tell the man!
Old 11-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

John. Check out FVD site. Plenty of choice in harness bar connects to B pillar seat belt anchor points from BK $600 USD down to $150. I went Heigo around $250.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:04 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few more pics from the other end of town. Bit of a red-fest (but I'm not apologising!)
Attached Images      
Old 11-15-2013, 08:06 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

And the non-red cars. Nothing new - but all still gorgeous!
Attached Images   
Old 11-15-2013, 08:09 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca

Lastly, we need someone to chair a 2014 NITT project. Only if everyone is interested in a NITT next year? Thats an early Sept date like last year but this time lets try for 3 tracks in 5 days - Id simply love to drive HD for a second time to see if I can fine all my Daves and frankly I see it as my only venture to HD in 2014! I think a NITT would be great. If we drop this now we wont continue - its our signature tour!

If we do the NITT I will need a third job. Actually if we do a NITT I will not have time for any job, and need a new wife as this one will be fed up! So any ideas for both gratefully welcome...
I'm working with Tony on the dates for this so will kick it off. 2 Tracks will definitely work (although Rob made it three this year by stopping at Puke on the way home). An idea could be to do a HD twilight say on the Wed, then down to Taupo Thurs like this year and Manfield on Sat.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Pete. Great pics thnx! I didnt even need to get out of my hammock this morning to tour the Porsche car yards of Auckland!

Thanks for doing the initial leg work for NITT next year. I think the HD twilight would be a perfect warm up. Maybe we could rent Chris and Steves apartments, bunk down there overnight to give us easy 2hr drive to Taupo next day? That format would work really well. Im confident we can get 15 heads for this and again another 15 to help us subsidize Taupo like last year. Would be a good idea for Paul to socialize with David Mac to ensure no perceived conflicts this time...
Old 11-15-2013, 08:48 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Pete. Great pics thnx! I didnt even need to get out of my hammock this morning to tour the Porsche car yards of Auckland!

Thanks for doing the initial leg work for NITT next year. I think the HD twilight would be a perfect warm up. Maybe we could rent Chris and Steves apartments, bunk down there overnight to give us easy 2hr drive to Taupo next day? That format would work really well. Im confident we can get 15 heads for this and again another 15 to help us subsidize Taupo like last year. Would be a good idea for Paul to socialize with David Mac to ensure no perceived conflicts this time...
Very hard to choose a favourite today - for me, toss up between the 993 RS (not sure if genuine or a replica?) and the Sport Classic. Even the 991S with the bodykit was attractive but at $260k off the floor I'll wait a few years!

Paul is already onto the speed series conflicts - if we get our dates first we'll just let them know in advance. The other way to do it could be to do 2 days at Taupo - our own track day plus the bent sprints - good way to build on the lines learnt. Might not work to do Manfield as well though so compromise somewhere.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

The red RS (ex Simon Gilbertson) is the real deal. Its the best one in NZ IMO along with Robert Dongs Iris blue one. But I have that T short so for me it would be between the Sport Classic and Massas 3.6 Turbo (sans seats, picnic blanket & belt pads LOL!). I just love the Sport Classic - its exactly what I would dream up as a skunk works car if I had an open wallet. My only reservation with the car (and the reason I dont own it!) is that is a limited run of 250 units and for me that's the real shame. The guilt of running it hard on road and track would be too much and as Im not an "antiques collector" I just couldn't get my head around that. If I biffed it Id want to replace it and that would be pretty difficult...

Re PCNZ conflicts, I think that's a fair call. First in first served. Its free market after all. Id be (personally) reticent to drop Manfield as I have some unfinished business there (high 1.18s?) but confess I need all the help I can get with Taupo (target 1.48s), so if **** came to shive Id personally rather see 2 days at Taupo and one at Manfield. HD is you guys bread and butter and I guess Ill have plenty of opportunity over the next 2-3 years to get back out there a second and third time to try and keep you guys honest LOL (although I suspect that horse has already bolted!). Just my thoughts...
Old 11-15-2013, 09:57 PM
O2GO
Drifting

I did the treck around CCS and Giltraps today too. Pity I missed you guys. I was far more infatuated with the older cars than the 991 TS. Maybe the $400k+ price tag just makes is laughable to me. I wonder what that weird external sunroof is like at 120kph. Being Porsche it will work but doesn't look like it would be very quiet to me.

Agree with Macca about the 993T in all yellow inside and out. Ghastly. Someone had no taste. No wonder it hasn't moved after being on the lot for months.

The side vents in the 996T look the best of the last 3 generations.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:59 PM
O2GO
Drifting

I thought CCS did a superb job... Nice lineup of turbo history there. Giltraps looked hotpotch by comparison. You can see who has more passion IMO
Old 11-15-2013, 10:05 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Actually Doug I believe the yellow 993T sold very quickly for close to the 190K asking price! The new owner is an expat out of Malaysia and I understood its being stored here for him....
Old 11-15-2013, 11:33 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Actually Doug I believe the yellow 993T sold very quickly for close to the 190K asking price! The new owner is an expat out of Malaysia and I understood its being stored here for him....
Ha ha, he has great taste. He'll probably double his money in 10 years. I'd want it stored for me if I was him too :-)
Old 11-16-2013, 01:50 AM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ivan was all grumpy today at Giltraps. I asked for a poster for my son and he was very grouchy about it. And the best car on display was the 964 Turbo in the visitors park for half an hour...
Old 11-16-2013, 01:55 AM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Also got talking to a really nice couple Mike and Diane who have a 993 Turbo and a 993 C2 Man. Sounds like Mike is a stalker here but not a poster so if you're watching Mike, it would be great to see some more air-cooled awesomeness at HDs on 14 Dec. Go to http://www.rennsportgruppe.org.nz/forum/index.php for more info!!

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?