Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 03:44 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Also got talking to a really nice couple Mike and Diane who have a 993 Turbo and a 993 C2 Man. Sounds like Mike is a stalker here but not a poster so if you're watching Mike, it would be great to see some more air-cooled awesomeness at HDs on 14 Dec. Go to http://www.rennsportgruppe.org.nz/forum/index.php for more info!!
Mmmm. Voyeur! I feel like I'm in a peep show now....

Yip. Ivan is old school all right. I've actually never known him to be anything but gruff. Infact when I rolled into his showroom in year 2000 with 120K to buy my first Porsche he promptly treated me like a tire kicker and subsequently, Tony at CCS treated me like a buyer, gave me a car for the weekend and won my business (I bought that 993 too and have done the service work for all my subsequent Porsche's since). When I went to Giltraps in 2000 they had market share over CCS by 60% to 40%. Today Id say that is the reverse and falling (for Giltraps). In large part Im afraid its the attitude off sales guys like Ivan to the younger buyer generation (something similar happened with the PCNZ in the mid 2000s too). Good onya mate...
Old 11-16-2013, 03:59 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Also got talking to a really nice couple Mike and Diane who have a 993 Turbo and a 993 C2 Man. Sounds like Mike is a stalker here but not a poster so if you're watching Mike, it would be great to see some more air-cooled awesomeness at HDs on 14 Dec. Go to http://www.rennsportgruppe.org.nz/forum/index.php for more info!!
Mmmm. Voyeur! I feel like I'm in a peep show now....

Yip. Ivan is old school all right. I've actually never known him to be anything but gruff. Infact when I rolled into his showroom in year 2000 with 120K to buy my first Porsche he promptly treated me like a tire kicker and subsequently, Tony at CCS treated me like a buyer, gave me a car for the weekend and won my business (I bought that 993 too and have done the service work for all my subsequent Porsche's since). When I went to Giltraps in 2000 they had market share over CCS by 60% to 40%. Today Id say that is the reverse and falling (for Giltraps). In large part Im afraid its the attitude off sales guys like Ivan to the younger buyer generation (something similar happened with the PCNZ in the mid 2000s too). Good onya mate...
Macca - calling a spade a spade since 2000
Old 11-16-2013, 04:03 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Pete. I know, I know. I'm certainly not PC enough to live in NZ any more! I guess I should have signed that little ditty off with "IMHO" in fairness to thread voyeurs and Ivan Marinovich...
Old 11-16-2013, 04:07 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

And I suppose a lesson for us as well at RSG. Continue to meet enough people's interests or wither. Really happy to have Paul and Steve take an interest in improving our times. I suspect a few of us will move on to racing. Maybe that's the bridge to the Porsche Club racing scene? I'd like to think we have a complementary not competitive position.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:13 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...93%3Fpage%3D2#

I am guessing this is Paul's car (that was rolled in the targa)
Old 11-16-2013, 04:26 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

That is a thing of beauty!! Or was...
Old 11-16-2013, 04:31 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Pete. I know, I know. I'm certainly not PC enough to live in NZ any more! I guess I should have signed that little ditty off with "IMHO" in fairness to thread voyeurs and Ivan Marinovich...
No, you're far enough away to say what you want!!

John - you're right. Be good to recruit a few more to the RSG cause.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:40 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...93%3Fpage%3D2#

I am guessing this is Paul's car (that was rolled in the targa)
Mate you have a sharp eye!

Chassis WPOZZZ99ZTS390457

Yes that car was as they say at Ray Hazlers, rolled bowled and a**holed before being reshelled. I was there when they reshelled it back around 2001/2. Hazlers managed to acquire one of the last complete "bodies in white" form the factory and seam welded it.

The fact that its being advertised for such a ridiculous amount given its providence isnt surprising as the owner was also the one advertising the colour change yellow ex HK 993RS insurance job sold via Turners (also an example with a very chequred past) for a large sum of cash a few years ago. The fact remains you can still negotiate a good one of these for 100K GBP in LHD and frankly I suspect LHD is the way to go in the future are the truly big money down the line will be form Europe, Asia or Middle east (LHD markets)....
Old 11-16-2013, 04:47 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Actually I correct that. Its been sold by Magnum in CHCH so perhaps Paul already sold it to Clive?
Old 11-16-2013, 04:56 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
And I suppose a lesson for us as well at RSG. Continue to meet enough people's interests or wither. Really happy to have Paul and Steve take an interest in improving our times. I suspect a few of us will move on to racing. Maybe that's the bridge to the Porsche Club racing scene? I'd like to think we have a complementary not competitive position.

John. I think you are right. Id like to feel that there are a core group of us however that like to hotrod these cars and will never truly want to make them into a full race or track car. Similar I guess to the R Gruppe guys in the US on the pre G series stuff. Guys like me who like to play with their cars also often like to drive them hard on the road and this is why organised events like Targa appeal and of course fast Sunday planned back road "tarmac rally raids". Everyone is different and then things come along and change people lives. Sean is an example, he had to leave to go offshore again and may not be back for a long while. Unfortunately too there seem to be very few folk who want to spend real $$$ personalizing their rides in NZ. However we have a good solid core of maybe 10-13 tight guys who enjoy just having fun adventures with heir cars and are passionate about Porsche and I think hopefully this will carry us through, although we probably need a few more to cover those who move on to club racing or just get bored with it, or for whom family takes priority.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:16 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

here is the smashed up 2007 GT3 that was on Turners. Now on TM for $35K. Not much left of it but I suspect donk and tranny probably worth that if you needed them.....someone did a proper job of it. As Haxlers would say - rolled bowled and....

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/spec...-662942602.htm
Old 11-16-2013, 06:13 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Giltrap was an interesting experience. Didn't promote the cars or the company well IMHO. Before i bought mine i tried three times to start an ongoing conversation with them to try help me source a vehicle. In the end I gave up.

Take away for me was feeling really good about owning my 997 T, and really wanting an older stable mate for it (not going to happen in the short-medium term for financial reasons). The Classic was a stunning car. Loved it. Agree with both wanting it and not wanting the guilt that would come from driving it. 250 was way too limited a run. And $430k is ridiculous. Will check out CCS tomorrow.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Same here, when I moved from tyre kicker to cash buyer, I let them know that I was on and expected a regular stream of options rolled in front of me. But got nothing. Never heard from them again.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:38 PM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Mate you have a sharp eye!

Chassis WPOZZZ99ZTS390457

Yes that car was as they say at Ray Hazlers, rolled bowled and a**holed before being reshelled. I was there when they reshelled it back around 2001/2. Hazlers managed to acquire one of the last complete "bodies in white" form the factory and seam welded it.

The fact that its being advertised for such a ridiculous amount given its providence isnt surprising as the owner was also the one advertising the colour change yellow ex HK 993RS insurance job sold via Turners (also an example with a very chequred past) for a large sum of cash a few years ago. The fact remains you can still negotiate a good one of these for 100K GBP in LHD and frankly I suspect LHD is the way to go in the future are the truly big money down the line will be form Europe, Asia or Middle east (LHD markets)....
Isn't it a different car?

http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=Targa

VIN: WP0ZZZ99ZTS390675
Old 11-16-2013, 02:58 PM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Also, looking at the pic of the 993 RS, isn't it LHD?

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?