Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
David. I see your aluminium welding is coming along ok.

John. There is a third way - actually combination of both. We have tonnes of step through 125cc Honda Australian Postal Service bikes on the island. You can be retro cool! I can brake one down and send in parcels. Not like your misuses will notice heavy parcels arriving. You can build with David on the weekend in your garage then crank her up and purr away...
I just sold a honda CT110 postie. What a cool bike that was. I had one of those Sachs Madass things prior to that. Great plans to modify and tear up Tamaki drive but never got my licence so they just sat there. I'm a shocker for attention span. If I pick up another motorcycle magazine it will be all on again so I'm trying to avoid them.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:16 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

That's it C110 Postie. great mind think alike. Not alot of street cred but uber cool. I ban all motorbike publication too incase I slip up although wife now closed that window! We need to be careful with John. He could become Breaking Bad Walter White soon. I see Harleys and gangs in the tea leafs if we dont avert his attention on a hog....
Old 11-14-2013, 10:29 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

This is a bike I've illogically lusted after for 30 years. Tried to sneak one in the garage a year ago. $7,500. I've always loved the CX500 and a turbo took it to another (stupid) level
Attached Images  
Old 11-14-2013, 10:59 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
There is another way, don't buy one, build one! Then she won't know until you crank it over for the first time. 70 cc's plus pedals is pretty safe, gets me up that Melanesia road hill ok.
You must ride that under cover of darkness. I've yet to spot it going up the hill.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:17 PM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just saw this at Contis. Anyone know whose or anything else about it? Unusual to find a heavily modified 3.6 Turbo.
Attached Images  
Old 11-14-2013, 11:29 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Just saw this at Contis. Anyone know whose or anything else about it? Unusual to find a heavily modified 3.6 Turbo.
That's Masa's car. Maybe it's there for the new Turbo launch.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:32 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Actually the launch is tomorrow. Will pick up my o2 bung from Dean in the morning and have a gander.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:40 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Drove past Giltraps and saw David Mac's 930, Paul Higgins' RS and a beautiful ivory early 911.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:49 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Drove past Giltraps and saw David Mac's 930, Paul Higgins' RS and a beautiful ivory early 911.
Paul Higgins was the man the decal man mentioned when he delivered my Carrera RS and RSR decals. That's a concours car isn't it?
Old 11-14-2013, 11:55 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Massas car looks great in SY. Im pretty sure it may be sporting a Heigo Half Cage next time you see it...
Old 11-15-2013, 12:26 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Put this in your calendar folks. We are going back to the South island! Paul/Chris/Doug/Sean....pencil it in. I believe this event will have international media coverage including TV as it the 20th year event and rumor is some international driving talent...

Targas Turning Twenty!
Monday 27th October – Sunday 2nd November 2014.
It was announced at this events prize giving at the Taupo Motorsport Park that next years October event is going to be held in the South Island. For those of you who don’t know, it’s the 20th year anniversary for Targa. This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity, and will be the first and last time we take on the South Island as a celebration.
Labour Day, Monday the 27th of October will see Targa starting the event in Christchurch. This will consist of Scrutineering, Documentation, Drivers Briefing, Ceremonial start and Prologue day. We will finish the day at the Ruapuana Race Track. We then head to Timaru International Motor raceway as we follow the roads to Dunedin for Tuesday and Wednesday. Continuing on the Journey south as we spend Thursday in Invercargill and finish the day at the Teretonga Park, Race track. Next we will travel through Central South Island towards Queenstown finishing at the brand new Highlands Motorsport Park on Friday. The final day will be spent racing around New Zealand’s adventure playground finishing with Queenstown’s famous Coronek Peak Hill Climb, before returning to the podium celebrations in central Queenstown on Saturday night. On Sunday we will have a Prize giving award breakfast at Queenstown’s iconic skyline gondola restaurant. Overlooking the spectacular infamous views of Lake Wakatipu and the Remarkables.
This is a landmark event, new roads, new race tracks, new communities, come join us as we rally through the adventure capital of the world!
Old 11-15-2013, 12:55 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Put this in your calendar folks. We are going back to the South island! Paul/Chris/Doug/Sean....pencil it in. I believe this event will have international media coverage including TV as it the 20th year event and rumor is some international driving talent... Targas Turning Twenty! Monday 27th October – Sunday 2nd November 2014. It was announced at this events prize giving at the Taupo Motorsport Park that next years October event is going to be held in the South Island. For those of you who don’t know, it’s the 20th year anniversary for Targa. This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity, and will be the first and last time we take on the South Island as a celebration. Labour Day, Monday the 27th of October will see Targa starting the event in Christchurch. This will consist of Scrutineering, Documentation, Drivers Briefing, Ceremonial start and Prologue day. We will finish the day at the Ruapuana Race Track. We then head to Timaru International Motor raceway as we follow the roads to Dunedin for Tuesday and Wednesday. Continuing on the Journey south as we spend Thursday in Invercargill and finish the day at the Teretonga Park, Race track. Next we will travel through Central South Island towards Queenstown finishing at the brand new Highlands Motorsport Park on Friday. The final day will be spent racing around New Zealand’s adventure playground finishing with Queenstown’s famous Coronek Peak Hill Climb, before returning to the podium celebrations in central Queenstown on Saturday night. On Sunday we will have a Prize giving award breakfast at Queenstown’s iconic skyline gondola restaurant. Overlooking the spectacular infamous views of Lake Wakatipu and the Remarkables. This is a landmark event, new roads, new race tracks, new communities, come join us as we rally through the adventure capital of the world!
Now that news raised a bit more interest.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:18 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Yip. Sean has already PM'd me and is fizzing. Trouble is with Europe GT3 tour, SITT and SI Targa NZ all within next 12 months I will seriously need a job to pay for this! Actually wife will take some convincing to sign off so make that two jobs once bounty is paid. Do you think CCS will pay a mature car groomer 100K NZD pa before tax so I can cover this?
Old 11-15-2013, 01:28 AM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put this in your calendar folks. We are going back to the South island! Paul/Chris/Doug/Sean....pencil it in. I believe this event will have international media coverage including TV as it the 20th year event and rumor is some international driving talent...

Targas Turning Twenty!
Monday 27th October – Sunday 2nd November 2014.
It was announced at this events prize giving at the Taupo Motorsport Park that next years October event is going to be held in the South Island. For those of you who don’t know, it’s the 20th year anniversary for Targa. This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity, and will be the first and last time we take on the South Island as a celebration.
Labour Day, Monday the 27th of October will see Targa starting the event in Christchurch. This will consist of Scrutineering, Documentation, Drivers Briefing, Ceremonial start and Prologue day. We will finish the day at the Ruapuana Race Track. We then head to Timaru International Motor raceway as we follow the roads to Dunedin for Tuesday and Wednesday. Continuing on the Journey south as we spend Thursday in Invercargill and finish the day at the Teretonga Park, Race track. Next we will travel through Central South Island towards Queenstown finishing at the brand new Highlands Motorsport Park on Friday. The final day will be spent racing around New Zealand’s adventure playground finishing with Queenstown’s famous Coronek Peak Hill Climb, before returning to the podium celebrations in central Queenstown on Saturday night. On Sunday we will have a Prize giving award breakfast at Queenstown’s iconic skyline gondola restaurant. Overlooking the spectacular infamous views of Lake Wakatipu and the Remarkables.
This is a landmark event, new roads, new race tracks, new communities, come join us as we rally through the adventure capital of the world!
Now that has me hooked in! I just need to get a job as well, but definitely keen. When do registrations open up? Maybe we could do it with PlayDay?
Old 11-15-2013, 01:32 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Macca, I just saw the Targa email too.

Yes - I think this is 2014's big event for RSG, coupled with an annual NITT.............

We should start planning cars and co-drivers as it will be quite an undertaking............

2015 needs to be overseas.............

I am guessing you will need to book the tour spots quite quickly as when you add the South Island guys in who probably don;t do the Targa due to logistics, I'd say the 40-50 spots will fill very quickly. They may have to run more than 2 groups??

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?