Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Old 09-03-2015, 04:06 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 368 Posts

The R is in its new home. Thanks Pete for the wheel spin when you left to go home....

A tinge of sadness, but it will probably be happier n faster hands. Z221s for the NITT. Sounds like another 7/10ths RSG effort, yeh right.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:28 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Congrats Peter. Keen to see what the R can do in your experienced hands on Z221!! It's a great car and I reckon is the perfect blend for your needs. I'm not sure but it might even last longer in your possession than the last four Porsches I have known you to own since you returned from the UK....:-)
Old 09-03-2015, 05:09 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
The R is in its new home. Thanks Pete for the wheel spin when you left to go home....

A tinge of sadness, but it will probably be happier n faster hands. Z221s for the NITT. Sounds like another 7/10ths RSG effort, yeh right.
Hehe! You didn't think I'd go quietly did you?

Originally Posted by Macca
Congrats Peter. Keen to see what the R can do in your experienced hands on Z221!! It's a great car and I reckon is the perfect blend for your needs. I'm not sure but it might even last longer in your possession than the last four Porsches I have known you to own since you returned from the UK....:-)
Actually the 944 is the stayer of the fleet at the moment - will be 2 years come NITT.

I'm now officially looking forward to the drive down next Friday. Only problem is needing to find some 18" rims to put the 221's on - else it will be scrubbing the remaining tread off the PS2's. Not sure what to put on as DD tyres? MPSS?
Old 09-03-2015, 05:20 AM
Moochier
Instructor

I'm now officially looking forward to the drive down next Friday. Only problem is needing to find some 18" rims to put the 221's on - else it will be scrubbing the remaining tread off the PS2's. Not sure what to put on as DD tyres? MPSS?
Pete if you want to borrow my 18" wheels then let me know... You'd just need to remove my tyres to fit the 221's.

Also what's the plan for driving down Friday? Is there a group convoy planned....
Old 09-03-2015, 05:32 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Moochier
Pete if you want to borrow my 18" wheels then let me know... You'd just need to remove my tyres to fit the 221's.

Also what's the plan for driving down Friday? Is there a group convoy planned....
Do you have a set you aren't using for tour? If so that'd be awesome. I'm pretty sure what rims I'll use in future but there was no chance of getting them here in time. What will you be driving down and on track on?

No formal plans for convoy - too many cars attracts attention. But how about 11am at BP Papakura - see who turns up and take it from there?
Old 09-03-2015, 06:09 AM
Moochier
Instructor

Do you have a set you aren't using for tour? If so that'd be awesome. I'm pretty sure what rims I'll use in future but there was no chance of getting them here in time. What will you be driving down and on track on?

No formal plans for convoy - too many cars attracts attention. But how about 11am at BP Papakura - see who turns up and take it from there?
Yeah I have a set of 18's and 19's with tropheo r's on, so will drive down and track on the 19's. So the 18's are just sitting here... Pm me

Friday meet sounds like a plan.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:23 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

I could be on for that but on the other hand - and after confirming the readiness of the T with Steve - I might go early to go over the car and load up etc.

What do you reckon? Would collecting from the builder a restored car you've never driven be about the same as rolling into Conti's and taking delivery of a new 911? I've never done either but I'm picking it could be a good day.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:54 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

If we see you rocking up to the motel in Fielding in the 73RS or the SC we'll assume that it didn't go quite to plan!

Sounds like we should come via Pirongia though - could be a very good day for a gander
Old 09-03-2015, 05:16 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
I could be on for that but on the other hand - and after confirming the readiness of the T with Steve - I might go early to go over the car and load up etc.

What do you reckon? Would collecting from the builder a restored car you've never driven be about the same as rolling into Conti's and taking delivery of a new 911? I've never done either but I'm picking it could be a good day.
Dave. I have no doubt with the time you have waited and what it has no doubt cost you this is every bit as significant as picking up a new car from CCS!! We will definitely help you record the Occassion for prosperity...

Buba and I have already plans to meet you at Steves. We will leave BP at 10am and travel via The "back route" etc. wanting to keep the group tight and small (5 cars Max). Happy for others to join us (PM me). Suggest we loosely aim to have solar size groups leaving every 30 mins between 9.30 & 11am. Personally would like to get into fielding during daylight so can fuel up unpack and have the car ready for the next morning before relaxing over dinner etc.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:30 PM
Moochier
Instructor

If we see you rocking up to the motel in Fielding in the 73RS or the SC we'll assume that it didn't go quite to plan!

Sounds like we should come via Pirongia though - could be a very good day for a gander
Pete maybe better to leave after Macca and paul at 10:30, via Pirongia. Isn't it about 6+ hrs without breaks? Would also like to get there well before dark.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:40 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

You are welcome to join us. Yes it is about 6hrs + driving that day plus say 1 hr for Pirongia and an hour for lunch say Taupo. sun down is at 6pm approx so there is not a lot is spare daylight hours. I will be getting to BP Drury at 9.45am, fuelling up, coffee & leave 10am sharp for those wishing to join...
Old 09-03-2015, 08:35 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Even tipos are on the way up $AU99k. High miler 199k km. Sold by Nick Theodossi in Melbourne. Not a very exiting pic

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...-5711663/?Cr=5

Another for Dave. SC for $AU95k

http://www.inventorysearch.com.au/vi...nual/10019076/
Old 09-03-2015, 09:16 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Its very curious. That's a AU manual C2 for 99K?

Mate here in OZ Ive been shopping with just been offered a nice '91 C4 AU new in black on black with 117k km for 68K AUD.

Pricing seems all over the place. Aussie economy is sick and probably getting well worse before better so it makes it rather perplexing.

Also interesting is UK pricing. Talk of 40-50K GBP 964 are rife but then you pick up July Porsche 911 World and you see two nice (albeit Cab) manuals for 20K GBP?

Once you start to dig into it it appears only the best dealers are attracting those top prices and likely from buyers who are new to the marque (plastic docs wanting investment cars etc). Enthusiasts aren't buying only selling.
Attached Images   
Old 09-03-2015, 09:25 PM
Moochier
Instructor

Originally Posted by Macca
You are welcome to join us. Yes it is about 6hrs + driving that day plus say 1 hr for Pirongia and an hour for lunch say Taupo. sun down is at 6pm approx so there is not a lot is spare daylight hours. I will be getting to BP Drury at 9.45am, fuelling up, coffee & leave 10am sharp for those wishing to join...
Cheers Mark, I might just do that if Pete doesn't want to leave earlier, would prefer to have ample time and I've never been to Steves place.

Also might head to HD Tuesday evening to scrub in my tyres and break in my new pads... There is an Uncles event on, if anyone wants to joint in for a lazy lap or 2 to check everything is in order before Friday's departure.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?