Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 09:48 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Its very curious. That's a AU manual C2 for 99K?

Mate here in OZ Ive been shopping with just been offered a nice '91 C4 AU new in black on black with 117k km for 68K AUD.

Pricing seems all over the place. Aussie economy is sick and probably getting well worse before better so it makes it rather perplexing.

Also interesting is UK pricing. Talk of 40-50K GBP 964 are rife but then you pick up July Porsche 911 World and you see two nice (albeit Cab) manuals for 20K GBP?

Once you start to dig into it it appears only the best dealers are attracting those top prices and likely from buyers who are new to the marque (plastic docs wanting investment cars etc). Enthusiasts aren't buying only selling.
According to the sellers site the same car is a tipo?!

http://vehicles.nicktheodossi.com.au...oupe/10083189/

Hmmmm, good spotting. Not sure which is correct. I suspect it would a manual at that price. I thought it was a tipo as i was given the heads up with the reference from the sellers site first and din't bother to read the Carsales description.

Not all cars are selling that well. Autohaus Hamilton seem to get top dollar. I imagine that is because of who they are. The red GT3 at CTS hasn't sold and the price has dropped $AU10k and is still expensive. From what i've been told if it was a CS then it would attract more buyers.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:49 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If I can't talk house prices - you guys can't talk car prices - almost as boring.............. :-)
Old 09-03-2015, 09:53 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
If I can't talk house prices - you guys can't talk car prices - almost as boring.............. :-)
Ok no more irrelevant car price talk at least until the next outrageously priced 964 sells for way more than its equivalent 993
Old 09-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

We need to find a 993 that's sold recently first!

Actually there may be one selling this week for a healthy price locally we can use for that purpose. Watch this space :-)
Old 09-03-2015, 10:22 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Actually there may be one selling this week for a healthy price locally we can use for that purpose. Watch this space :-)
Selling for a profit?
Old 09-03-2015, 10:32 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Lol!! God no...mercy help anyone who owns a 964/993 and adds up the cost of ownership over say 5 years and thinks they have made a profit even selling for 20k more than they paid...
Old 09-03-2015, 10:50 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Hows this? Sales finished but here's what was the ad. Apparently sold for $AU40k. Almost can't give 'em away

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/_/...archAlert;PCAA

Originally Posted by John McM
Selling for a profit?
haha
Old 09-03-2015, 10:59 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

And heres the advert next to it. Same mileage, age and model for 2.5x as much?

Doesnt make alot of sense does it? Maybe UK imports are worth 2.5x less than Australia new cars in Aussie market?
Attached Images  
Old 09-03-2015, 11:11 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

And heres the advert next to it. Same mileage, age and model for 2.5x as much?

Doesnt make alot of sense does it? Maybe UK imports are worth 2.5x less than Australia new cars in Aussie market?
I all seriousness i think the Aussies are even more influenced by "Aus new" then we are about "NZ new". I can't fathom their market either. How much does the media has to play in their purchasing decisions when this sub-model vs that sub-model is compared? My guess is many of the cars are selling to investors/speculators rather than enthusiasts and they will fork out for the financial potential of a particular model rather than something to drive and enjoy
Old 09-03-2015, 11:37 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

UK car is definitely considered "below parr" over here. Remember Australia has had closed boarders so UK/Asia imports have been historically very rare. They still view UK cars here as "rust buckets" based on the issues of slated roads etc. In NZ many UK imports have been in NZ longer than they were in UK and thus this is not so much true.

There seems to be alot of variation in prices. On Carsales.com.au there are 8 x 993 for sale with tipo ranging from 70-80K and manual around 100-110K AUD. But even then there big variances with ranges from 71K to 110K AUD.

Ive spoken to a few people here and the general consensus is a good medium/low mileage manual AU new 993 C2/4 coupe is 95-100K (private) and likewise the same 964 is 75-80K so similar differential as in the NZ market. However these is a growing awareness that some cars are being exported and also speculators and "investors" are moving in on the space and this is affecting the pricing of the more popular aircooled manual models (of which the 964 appears to be the model that has shown the greatest increase in value from its original base).

Its an interesting market but in many ways no different from NZ with the exception that there is more wealthy collectors/investors/speculators at the top end driving a more international behavior around the rarer models. The rest of the market seems comparable. We have to remember that Porsches have ALWAYS been expensive in Australia. New they are typically 20% more than in NZ in the first instance...

But I agree. lets change the subject...
Attached Images  
Old 09-04-2015, 01:51 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Moochier
Cheers Mark, I might just do that if Pete doesn't want to leave earlier, would prefer to have ample time and I've never been to Steves place.

Also might head to HD Tuesday evening to scrub in my tyres and break in my new pads... There is an Uncles event on, if anyone wants to joint in for a lazy lap or 2 to check everything is in order before Friday's departure.
I'm thinking that earlier is probably better - no point making the day a rush. I may set off closer to 9 - sounds like there will be a bunch meeting up at Pirongia and it's a good place for a first break.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:00 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Dave. I have no doubt with the time you have waited and what it has no doubt cost you this is every bit as significant as picking up a new car from CCS!! We will definitely help you record the Occassion for prosperity...

Buba and I have already plans to meet you at Steves. We will leave BP at 10am and travel via The "back route" etc. wanting to keep the group tight and small (5 cars Max). Happy for others to join us (PM me). Suggest we loosely aim to have solar size groups leaving every 30 mins between 9.30 & 11am. Personally would like to get into fielding during daylight so can fuel up unpack and have the car ready for the next morning before relaxing over dinner etc.
all good, Steve is saying probably maybe, so I'll know the day before if it is on or not. I will trailer it if need be. Will let you know in case you were just stopping to see me wet myself with excitement
Old 09-04-2015, 02:02 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
Even tipos are on the way up $AU99k. High miler 199k km. Sold by Nick Theodossi in Melbourne. Not a very exiting pic

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...-5711663/?Cr=5

Another for Dave. SC for $AU95k

http://www.inventorysearch.com.au/vi...nual/10019076/
Good to see that my trusty SC has cracked a hundred kiwi. Will have to not drive it now.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:37 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
all good, Steve is saying probably maybe, so I'll know the day before if it is on or not. I will trailer it if need be. Will let you know in case you were just stopping to see me wet myself with excitement
I'd like to see it in the flesh in any case Dave. It will make a nice break along the way. I hope it is indeed ready for you mate...
Old 09-04-2015, 04:14 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope it is indeed ready for you mate...

Looking forward to it and will try not to slobber too much..............

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?