Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015 | 03:56 AM
Leong72
Instructor

Originally Posted by John McM
Got ya, so that is code for 'it's a bucket list fling' and we won't see it in NZ.

CCS will be happy so will Graeme, Leong and R owners that you're not increasing the NZ supply.
Haha with the talk of a GT4RS, might be nice to have the option if GT4s held some of their value

Originally Posted by gt38088

Certainly understand the bucket list thing. but sounds entirely rational too Macca. too many choices makes it hard.
One thing I know is that if we get organized for Euro 2016 I am definitely keen to do Spa and 'Ring. Sounds like Pete too
Hey, Spa and the Ring are on my bucket list too and might be cool to meet up over there for those sessions at least. Always wanted to do one of those Porsche Tours since I had the 911 too. Anyways, See you Sunday Greame - off to bed now for an early start tomorrow. Breakfast in Taumarunui and hopefully in Welly before the rain!
Old 03-06-2015 | 04:03 AM
Runtothehills
Racer

Originally Posted by John McM
Sam, did I miss the announcement? Are you a new Dad yet?
yes mate. fully in the dad zone with a wee girl. now I know what all the work is about. little bit of time on my hands too between things so might get some new rsg stickers and tees going for the year. Need a good line about 104k though..
Old 03-06-2015 | 04:18 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Runtothehills
yes mate. fully in the dad zone with a wee girl. now I know what all the work is about. little bit of time on my hands too between things so might get some new rsg stickers and tees going for the year. Need a good line about 104k though..
Congratulations. You did the smart thing and bought the car before the baby, however that's not always enough to save it longer term!

I've been mulling over ordering new banners as well. I need to make the White cars distinctive.
Old 03-06-2015 | 04:20 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nzskater
Your patience is commendable. I'm on day 8 of no 911 and it's killing me. Doesn't help that the extension is out of my control and only due to part availability, and apparently there are no loan cars for me. That pink 964 cab looks better every day...
We should start a support group at our local pub.......

Somewhere is Kingsland is a good compromise for Epsom and Grey Lynn.

We can invite Sam and a few others......
Old 03-06-2015 | 04:26 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Congrats Sam - something special about having little girls - I have 2 little monkeys?

P.s. - have you got a new Pcar coming to join the 64. I am hearing stories....??
Old 03-06-2015 | 04:43 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Congrats Sam - something special about having little girls - I have 2 little monkeys?

P.s. - have you got a new Pcar coming to join the 64. I am hearing stories....??
yes congrats - hard work coming me thinks, at least for first year...
New car? hanging around here is no good for the wallet!
Old 03-06-2015 | 04:43 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Need a good line about 104k though..
Talk to Paul. You're guaranteed a great quote and he probably won't even realize
Old 03-06-2015 | 04:45 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Leong72
Haha with the talk of a GT4RS, might be nice to have the option if GT4s held some of their value

Hey, Spa and the Ring are on my bucket list too and might be cool to meet up over there for those sessions at least. Always wanted to do one of those Porsche Tours since I had the 911 too. Anyways, See you Sunday Greame - off to bed now for an early start tomorrow. Breakfast in Taumarunui and hopefully in Welly before the rain!
Yup see you sunday Leong. Have a good trip
Old 03-06-2015 | 06:05 AM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Awesome car you have in the RS2 and it leaves most Porsches behind on acceleration, but 'Boosted by Porsche' would be more accurate for the engine badge since it's a heavily fettled up 5 cylinder Audi block.

I see you're in Napier, so it probably wasn't yours but I checked one out closely at the last Ellerslie Concours. Nice and focussed compared to my allroad. Would've loved to have jumped in.

Hope to see yours in action sometime. There was a (yellow?) rally prepped one on TM that held my eye for a while.
Mine was displayed at Ellerslie 2011 (mines RS Blue in colour). The Black RS2 displayed this year was my mate Jons.
The yellow car Targa car isnt an RS2, but an S2 that was advertised as an RS2. I dont know why they dont call it what it is. RS2's were Avant (wagon) only.
Old 03-06-2015 | 07:45 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Leong72
Thanks for posting these pics Macca. Been thinking bout flat/jelly bean colours and agree that they look good on a GT. So now tossing up between Sapphire Blue and White. SB I think looks good while clean and static but a video I saw of a SB GTS on the track didn't excite me. White will look better on the track I think and white cars usually look OK when dirty too. Decisions...
Go sapphire blue. You need to get the colour that looks good to you when you're outside the car, not the one that looks good to others while you're in it.

Congrats Sam. Enjoy fatherhood, look forward to catching up for a drive or a pint.

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
We should start a support group at our local pub....... Somewhere is Kingsland is a good compromise for Epsom and Grey Lynn. We can invite Sam and a few others......
That's not a bad idea, I'd be in for a pint once a month at a Kingsland local.
Old 03-06-2015 | 10:40 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Sam big congrats on the new addition! Hope mum and bubs are well! Sounds like you got another Pcar in just in time aye! Well done...

Nik. Sorry mate - yes the RS2 - completely forgot. How long have you had her now? It must be almost 10 years? Nogaro blue was THE colour for these. My LASER red one didn't look half as good...

So 2015!is "Breaking Bad" year for new Pcar additions on here. We have 996TT, Cayman R, RS60 boxster, GT4, another Cayman R. 7.1 GT3 ...,man that's some serious acquisitions for first 10 weeks of the year!!

Leong72. White will look great on the GT4. Better year you can dress it up with decals if you wish (I've resisted Martin stripes on my GT3 to date lol!). We should see a tonne more reviews surfacing this week on the car. All good I'm sure.
Old 03-06-2015 | 12:22 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Sam. Great idea on the T shirts and stickers. The time is right, we have a few new members and more to join soon. I just love my T shirts and would order more - quality was excellent!!

John. We probably need another banner run before NITT too?
Old 03-06-2015 | 12:51 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Congratulations Sam. Family pic please :-)

I still have a bunch of Sam/RSGs stickers that I took down to HD that fateful day last August. White on clear and just a few round red ones. Need to get them back to someone more responsible than me.

Love the monthly pub meet up. I'd love that. When we go on our drives we blow 3/4 hour over coffee talking about our pcsr disease and it is great therapy.
Old 03-06-2015 | 01:14 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RS ZWEI
Mine was displayed at Ellerslie 2011 (mines RS Blue in colour). .
Attached Images  
Old 03-06-2015 | 04:12 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
John. We probably need another banner run before NITT too?
Maybe the RSG fund could stock the two most popular combos, white on red and red on black?
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?