Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 05:33 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Chris. The Trofeo R are a tad faster than the MPSC2, Mr Harris and others suggest. The MPSC2 I would have put a square 2.0s a lap quicker than the Pirelli P Zero (a tyre Ive not had the best experience with).

So I think we are singing from the same hymn sheet here. Have fun easing into it I say. Plenty of time.

My first time on track was at HD in the 993 on road tyres. They went off real quick. The Trofeo R will be a revelation by comparison. Bring them on the 28th.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:38 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Moochier
What the book John?

I've just preordered this
HTML Code:
http://www.projectcarsgame.com
Hope it's good!
Ultimate Speed Secrets - The complete guide to high performance and race driving by Ross Bentley. It's available on Kindle.

I'm champing at the bit to get out there and try some of the cornering techniques.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:39 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Sorry dude - I didn't mean to sound alarmist - 50% is a bit high..........

I drove Neil's car like a nana (1.26's).

I've blown an engine instead of crashing, still a $20K bill, and there are a few of these (not sure if we include JMc's own goal)..........

And there there is Tony M - not RSG but was on the NITT.

P.s. I said Russian Roulette - which is 16% chance (which your maths validate).
You are forgiven Buba. Was sounding a bit like a blood sport there for a moment!

Tony M doesn't count - he isn't RSG and drives like a nanna :-)

Blown engines are like my, Matts, Johns (= filling the blank) gearbox rebuilds. Just a consumer able cost of circulating the track at higher rpms.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:41 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by O2GO
Yep, that's the bullet I caught. Lack of experience and over confidence with Lola's grip in the wet got me aqua planing. Expensive lesson learned.

PCNZ sprints being timed events (aka racing) are not covered by Prestigio. However PCNZ regularity trials are able to be covered. Same with skid pan / gymkhanas.

You have nothing to fear from Lola John. I plan to take it pretty easy to get back into the groove and preserve the car.
Doug it was a bullet with both our names on it. If I hadn't seen Neil's effort http://youtu.be/0VU2g4SgnJo

and had my own off

http://youtu.be/xS66WTtf6xc

it could have easily been me.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:42 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Ultimate Speed Secrets - The complete guide to high performance and race driving by Ross Bentley. It's available on Kindle.

I'm champing at the bit to get out there and try some of the cornering techniques.
John. I feel some Island Lovin is coming back!

I bought that book too. Didnt help me on Jan 13. Im slower than before now. Hope you get the reverse effect LOL!
Old 04-20-2015, 05:43 AM
Moochier
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Chris. The Trofeo R are a tad faster than the MPSC2, Mr Harris and others suggest. The MPSC2 I would have put a square 2.0s a lap quicker than the Pirelli P Zero (a tyre Ive not had the best experience with).

So I think we are singing from the same hymn sheet here. Have fun easing into it I say. Plenty of time.

My first time on track was at HD in the 993 on road tyres. They went off real quick. The Trofeo R will be a revelation by comparison. Bring them on the 28th.
Yeah I've always liked the MPSS over the Pzero, but the Tropheo weren't my decision, it's just what CCS had access to when I was doing my deal. Might have just got lucky!

I'm not actually that fixated on the lap time, more constant incremental improvement and consistency.... To me consistency is more important and shows skill, over a 1 off fast lap.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:52 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

I bought that book too. Didnt help me on Jan 13. Im slower than before now. Hope you get the reverse effect LOL!
Damn, you may be right Macca. Just when I was writing this place off (at the hotel I waited 20 minutes for a Nasi Goreng they forgot to tell the kitchen about and had a burger with slabs of bread because they had run out of buns) this one slipped past the keeper.

The best fish dish I have ever eaten. I ordered the creme brûlée just to check them out and make sure it wasn't a one off. Perfect. Scalinis, a restaurant somewhere in Apia - I have no idea where as I was driven there.

Still don't think I could do another tour though. 32C is too hot.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:54 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Doug it was a bullet with both our names on it. If I hadn't seen Neil's effort http://youtu.be/0VU2g4SgnJo and had my own off http://youtu.be/xS66WTtf6xc it could have easily been me.
Thanks for the video links. Man it sure was wet. Boggy where you went off too. About 8 months ago now.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:57 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Chris. Agreed. Its like Golf. There are too many factors that can take off a second here and there - like temperature/humidity (everyone was slower in Jan due to the heat). Tyre life/condition. Fuel quality. Traffic. Its hard to replicate anything without a tonne of laps.

John. 32C. That's hot! Max here now 28-29C, humidity nice around 80%.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:59 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by O2GO
Thanks for the video links. Man it sure was wet. Boggy where you went off too. About 8 months ago now.
4WD - nothing like it

I think this was just before your off http://youtu.be/qtE5kCnCdR0
Old 04-20-2015, 06:09 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you're enjoying that book John. You weren't too shabby at Taupo last time so I thought you'd already read it since your last comment back on page 915 of this thread back in June:

Originally Posted by 996tnz
John, if looking to work on specific aspects of your track driving in a more purposeful way than just pushing harder, Speed Secrets by Ross Bentley is a useful guide and combines well with personal tuition.
Best still there is a Kindle version that can be read on iPads etc.
And page 915 reminds me - the Rotax karts have-a-go day must be coming up again soon. Great fun last year with the bunch of us, so hoping to catch it again with some old and new blood along. ChrisM is the man to beat still so hopefully he'll make it.

We have a lot to be grateful to those karts for. If you'd fallen in love with them John, I doubt seven of us would be 2K Cupping instead right now.

Jake, thanks for the P1 vid: I am in lust with that car. I console myself in noticing that BB2 is also a bewinged matte/gloss black 2-seater with a rousing gravel and rain wheel-arch soundtrack. Hard to spot the difference really (from the moon!)...
Old 04-20-2015, 06:18 AM
Moochier
Instructor

Hmmmm maybe I'll hold off buying the book until after the 28th!!
Old 04-20-2015, 06:27 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hmmmm maybe I'll hold off buying the book until after the 28th!!
You can borrow my copy and hand it around the rest of the RSG group ;-)
Old 04-20-2015, 06:28 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

[QUOTE=996tnz;12218020]
We have a lot to be grateful to those karts for. If you'd fallen in love with them John, I doubt seven of us would be 2K Cupping instead right now.
QUOTE]

True Walter but as the boys found out last year in the Karts if you can learn to drive a Kart fast you will be able to handle most cars. Such a short wheel base means they spin really easy if technique is not spot on. By comparison makes the Honda feel like a lwb limo and not a bit snappy.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:32 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

To me consistency is more important and shows skill, over a 1 off fast lap.
Very true....................(but where are the bragging rights in that)

Macca and my main reason for existance on this thread (taking the p*ss out of 964's) would cease to exist :-(

We would have nothing to talk about with JMc and Dougie??

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?