Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 06:52 PM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Make you a deal - I'll eat three pies before I hop in BB next.

And that winter testing facility ... I would love to do that. Might even spring for a roof rack so I can bring ski gear as well.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:18 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Based on my last RSG post, talking about hanging out under the RSG 2Kcup table and picking up any driving scraps, I guess I'm somewhere there among the rodents.
Looks like there are 1 hour races on Saturday and Sunday, with each race requiring a pit stop. The day raced will be based on championship points. On that basis, BB and the Grinch would likely be racing on Saturday and BB2 on Sunday. Sounds like the perfect way to practice for the Dunlop 800 and enough for all. We can discuss on Tuesday.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:20 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CS Mende
Make you a deal - I'll eat three pies before I hop in BB next.

And that winter testing facility ... I would love to do that. Might even spring for a roof rack so I can bring ski gear as well.
And a 25kg bag of ready mix for a passenger? I dont think eating three pies will actually penalise you given Walter's normal food intake...
Old 04-21-2015, 08:10 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
And a 25kg bag of ready mix for a passenger? I dont think eating three pies will actually penalise you given Walter's normal food intake...
Yeah, Taupo day was a suicide diet of pies and 2Kcup sausages. And heaps of water. No time to toss salads. Those pies will work though, as long as Chris has to pull through the pits and scoff 3 of them on each lap.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:26 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CS Mende
Might even spring for a roof rack so I can bring ski gear as well.
Good to see some others addicted to planks and boards. How about we give each other a head's up this winter if heading down Ruapehu way with a spare place in a car? Used to have season passes when I lived in Queenstown but haven't had a chance to break my legs for far too long. Just hope Dynastar used better glue than Porsche did, as mine are getting on...

My yellow beast comes with roof rack and (semi) AWD.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:15 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

Good to see some others addicted to planks and boards. How about we give each other a head's up this winter if heading down Ruapehu way with a spare place in a car? Used to have season passes when I lived in Queenstown but haven't had a chance to break my legs for far too long. Just hope Dynastar used better glue than Porsche did, as mine are getting on...

My yellow beast comes with roof rack and (semi) AWD.
Have been thinking about getting roof racks for a while, with the sole intention of using them for carting my snowboard to Ruapehu (it fits inside the Turbo, but means I can't take anyone with me!).

I am very keen to get a few days in on the icy peak this winter, and will let you both (and anyone else interested) know when I'm heading down.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:21 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater
I've always liked the GT2 carbon buckets, but they're difficult to find and, according to Suncoast, don't fit a modern Porsche. Is there not a modern factory option (from the GT3RS perhaps)?
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...newproductpage
Very nice Jake,

Want about these 997 GT3 seats? Under $5K landed?

http://www.porscheshop.co.uk/acatalo...ort_seats.html
Old 04-21-2015, 10:22 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by nzskater
Have been thinking about getting roof racks for a while, with the sole intention of using them for carting my snowboard to Ruapehu (it fits inside the Turbo, but means I can't take anyone with me!).

I am very keen to get a few days in on the icy peak this winter, and will let you both (and anyone else interested) know when I'm heading down.
Jake, I sometimes use my rack for shuttling track tyres but it's normally just hanging in the garage. Pretty sure your 997T takes the same one so happy for you to use it on occasion if you don't feel like jumping straight into one of your own. The Porsche aero bars are sexy enough but mine has a heavy duty industrial rack on top of those bars, so she looks like the hot girl in the horn-rimmed glasses with it on.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:46 PM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Fair enough. Jason needs to get his go in any case!!
Oh, that's right, I own a Honda. And apparently some T-shirts. Will be like Xmas.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:47 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

Jake, I sometimes use my rack for shuttling track tyres but it's normally just hanging in the garage. Pretty sure your 997T takes the same one so happy for you to use it on occasion if you don't feel like jumping straight into one of your own. The Porsche aero bars are sexy enough but mine has a heavy duty industrial rack on top of those bars, so she looks like the hot girl in the horn-rimmed glasses with it on.
I'd happily drive a hot girl in horned rim glasses! Will let you know when I'm thinking about heading down.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:09 PM
Moochier
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
I think it's for the pair, but still crazy money. You can buy alcantara inserts for NZD 5,600 as well. I think Porsche is having a laugh.

There was some talk of a bolster protector on PH as the lower sill side leather is NZD 1,000.

I'm screwed if I damage these seats, which is possible as the R is my DD when I'm in country. Maybe I should see what comfort seat options are available for the daily grind?
John I've got the sport seats which are perfect for DD, anytime you want to swap let me know. I'll even put cash your way!
Old 04-21-2015, 11:13 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Oh, that's right, I own a Honda. And apparently some T-shirts. Will be like Xmas.
Better than Xmas for most given the grin from ear to ear as they get out after thrashing her.

In our ownership she's lasted ~ 560 laps of HD with no mercy. Neil and Pete have almost put her into the wall on turn 1, plus she's seen her fair share of gardening, but she keeps on going. You might be the jockey she can't handle.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:21 PM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Could be slippery too...

http://www.metvuw.com/forecast/forec...n=nzni&tim=156
Old 04-21-2015, 11:22 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Moochier
John I've got the sport seats which are perfect for DD, anytime you want to swap let me know. I'll even put cash your way!
Chris, you're generous to a fault
Old 04-21-2015, 11:46 PM
Spokes
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Right you are then John. Bargain!

Seats are a weird thing. In NZ you wont get much for them, in the States prices are stupid and then in the UK again the market is fairly cool. My old 993 sports seats were worth around 4K in NZ when I sold them to Spokes - but in the USA I had frequent offers of $4K USD over the last 3-4 years. In fact they are probably now closer to 5K USD and all the while the car they sit in has depreciated by 30% in the USA over the last 5 years the seats that go in them have almost doubled in value!
Thanks Macca, the seats are well looked after
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?