Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 01:03 AM
Ralf G
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Ralf, hopefully Dave can recall the part number. Re payment - assuming the pads are less than $200, then pay for the pads and credit the difference to the normal RSG account.

It sounds like you and Walter will be able to get bb back on the track. Maybe book in on the 16th and get some sessions in?
16th sounds good to me, who else is keen on that date?
Should we fix the brakes on that day before we go on the track or should we fix it a couple of days beforehand?
I'll might register my little Peugeot 306(normal road car) too, my son wants to go with that onto the track. I might do 1 or 2 in BB if possible and 1 or 2 in the 306.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:18 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Macca
I will be the test pilot. At the mo am talking to guys in OZ but haven't pushed the button yet as design concept is critical because in my view it is worth the effort and cost only if the design is sufficiently personal to the owner. anyway will keep you in the loop
Old 08-05-2014, 01:35 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ralf, hopefully Dave can recall the part number. Re payment - assuming the pads are less than $200, then pay for the pads and credit the difference to the normal RSG account.

It sounds like you and Walter will be able to get bb back on the track. Maybe book in on the 16th and get some sessions in?
Waiheke family weekend on the 16th already booked and paid up unfortunately. Strongly suggest a bunch take BB along though, because it looks like a long time between drinks after that at HD: http://www.playdayontrack.co.nz/news.php

If Tony can let her slip her into the over 1:20 group for the pre-season test day on the 23rd I'd be in for that though.

Ralf, John reckons BB's pads are down to the backing and now smoking after 3 laps so she'll need doing first. I thought she was up here next to my work at Chris's but have since realised she's down at HD and not roadable so will need to work out the logistics. If someone's happy to hold the light/press the pedal/share the blame or whatever I'll look to do them this weekend if the pads are to hand. Most other stuff I'd take down, but I take it she has a wheel brace?

Is there anyone passing by Hampton earlier who could put a micrometer across the wear surface of the front discs?

I'll bring my standard micrometer into work so it can be collected in Drury if that helps, but if someone has a proper screw gauge one all the better. With mine you need to get past the lip so just put a coin or similar spacer each side, measure, then measure the two spacers and subtract. Probably teaching my grandma to suck eggs I suspect...
Old 08-05-2014, 03:05 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Brakes, looks like they are different front to back, part numbers;

DP 41206 R. Front, $172 plus gst
DP 4642/2 R. Rear, 120 plus gst

Hand written invoice, so a bit hard to read but that is a start point.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:16 AM
Ralf G
Instructor

Originally Posted by Maxem
Brakes, looks like they are different front to back, part numbers;

DP 41206 R. Front, $172 plus gst
DP 4642/2 R. Rear, 120 plus gst

Hand written invoice, so a bit hard to read but that is a start point.
Thanks, I'll get a set of front pads tomorrow.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:01 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Ralf G
Thanks, I'll get a set of front pads tomorrow.
Ralf, that's a push with your shareholding investment so buy those and we'll call it square.

Part number correlates. If we really like these we can ship from overseas for the set after this lot.

Amazon.com: EBC Brakes DP41206R Yellowstuff Street and Track Brake Pad: Automotive Amazon.com: EBC Brakes DP41206R Yellowstuff Street and Track Brake Pad: Automotive
Old 08-05-2014, 04:20 AM
PHG
Racer

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Thanks Guys. I've got a lot of emotions going through my head at the moment which will no doubt be a theme for a while. Went to pour a nice big red wine then thought the better of it as this headache keeps coming and going so best not to push it.
Doug
just back from Fiji
Good to hear you stepped out OK..thats all important..
Old 08-05-2014, 05:17 AM
PHG
Racer

Not sure Walter. I was relying on the previous owners assertion that she had one skim left, which we have used. She has a lot of pad transfer on the rotors. I think replacement is the best option, especially as it doesn't seem expensive compared to a shortened session or even worse a safety issue.
John
Just read Walters post re the spoiler rams..I know you are A1 around the garage, but I read the same instuctions when my fault alert came on..for now I just OK it and drive on..I am reliably told it is a common fault..my LH cylinder has leaked a little fluid and the sensor is crying..@NZD$1400 from the dealers per ram.. nobody wants to service them really as quite picky
UK911 is GBP$470..I meant to pick two up there when there last month but The Guinness got the better of me. If you want to go the easy route, we could order 2/4 and save..
Old 08-05-2014, 05:27 AM
PHG
Racer

Gentlemen .. It seems a meeting is in order. . I am happy to offer up my boat as a venue.. she is berthed in the Viaduct.. No out of berth experience or it is no fun for me 'cause I have to be responsible but dockside parties are the best and most relaxing.
Anytime really except Boat show time in September (23-27) and I gotta go to China again early October.. some parking on the wharf for a few Porsche.. I'll clear it with the powers that be for that.
BYO, except Doug and Chris (as our most experienced regalers of fine tales, they are Free of charge)
View possible venue on http://www.parimar.co.nz..
Up to the group to find a date that suits most, as we all know you can never please all
Old 08-05-2014, 05:37 AM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Originally Posted by Macca
Nik. We have some spare spots at Taupo track for Friday 12th in the RSG groups (we will run two - fast and slow) if yourself and/or Matt would like to join us in the Golf (or is you have other friends that would like to participate). It would be great for the guys on here to finally meet you (and Matt). If Matt wished to run in the Prestige group that is possible as well. Ask around. It would be great to have you out there as our "virtual" RSG members...
Ill have a chat with Matt.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:40 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by PHG
Gentlemen .. It seems a meeting is in order. . I am happy to offer up my boat as a venue.. she is berthed in the Viaduct.. No out of berth experience or it is no fun for me 'cause I have to be responsible but dockside parties are the best and most relaxing. Anytime really except Boat show time in September (23-27) and I gotta go to China again early October.. some parking on the wharf for a few Porsche.. I'll clear it with the powers that be for that. BYO, except Doug and Chris (as our most experienced regalers of fine tales, they are Free of charge) View possible venue on http://www.parimar.co.nz.. Up to the group to find a date that suits most, as we all know you can never please all
Great idea. Thanks Mate!
Old 08-05-2014, 05:41 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Commercial push for CCS driver training but really nice video editing/mixing and reminds me why we do this stuff. It's like cocaine.

PS Thanks Macca, I emailed you.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:43 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PHG
Gentlemen .. It seems a meeting is in order. . I am happy to offer up my boat as a venue.. she is berthed in the Viaduct.. No out of berth experience or it is no fun for me 'cause I have to be responsible but dockside parties are the best and most relaxing.
Anytime really except Boat show time in September (23-27) and I gotta go to China again early October.. some parking on the wharf for a few Porsche.. I'll clear it with the powers that be for that.
BYO, except Doug and Chris (as our most experienced regalers of fine tales, they are Free of charge)
View possible venue on http://www.parimar.co.nz..
Up to the group to find a date that suits most, as we all know you can never please all
Phil - that's a bloody awesome idea and a pretty cool venue. The deal-sealer would be a big TV so John's extensive SITT video could be on constant play...
Old 08-05-2014, 05:48 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gt38088
thinking of embarking on a new project. A cheaper one.

new and custom paint helmet. working our concepts now so stay tuned
Cool -

Maybe a project I could afford to do too?

^^^^ What Pete said too.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:51 AM
O2GO
Drifting

After Pete's email about NITT accommodation today I was left wondering what to do. Thanks to encouragement from Pete, Macca and John plans are coming together.

At this stage, if BB is still in fair shape, I'll extend the rego a month and take her to Taupo for a day of wacky fun. Then Macca will leave Jo with the girls in Taupo and I'll pilot one of his machines to Manfield so he can have them both there and Jo can enjoy relaxing in Taupo. We'll then pick BB up on the way home via Taupo.

If anyone else is carless and wants to join the tour, let us know.

I'm not running the Boxster as I don't have a deep sump, race pads, and don't want to risk my DD with the ongoing effects of red mist. Oh, and her track wheels are on Lola in Steve's lockup at HD :-/

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?