Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 12:47 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Has anyone had trouble getting into the RSG site last 24 hrs?
Still works for me. Last post was 11 July.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:12 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

New plate, badge delete, shark works bypass, Orewa in the sun for lunch. Doesn't get any better. Car is stupidly quick....
Great to see her home and out and about Macca. I reckon Porsche really got the look right on these - she still has that bit of Swiss mercenary about her!

Loved that plan view pic you posted earlier too.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:37 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Great to see her home and out and about Macca. I reckon Porsche really got the look right on these - she still has that bit of Swiss mercenary about her!

Loved that plan view pic you posted earlier too.
Thanks Walt. Must say she looks drop dead in the flesh. Its quite a serious looking car. My little sister just cam by and called it the "storm trooper car". I guess in white she is right...

Had her on the limits first time in NZ today. Naughty really. ABS and sideways on local roads probably not cool...very fun...unreal performance...

Heres a few from the drive this evening. Heading to Precision for a tour with Dean of their operation now then Milford Cruising Club for the Thurs night old boys gathering (do this whenever im in NZ)...
Attached Images    
Old 07-17-2014, 03:41 AM
Spokes
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 145 Posts

Thanks Walt. Must say she looks drop dead in the flesh. Its quite a serious looking car. My little sister just cam by and called it the "storm trooper car". I guess in white she is right...

Had her on the limits first time in NZ today. Naughty really. ABS and sideways on local roads probably not cool...very fun...unreal performance...

Heres a few from the drive this evening. Heading to Precision for a tour with Dean of their operation now then Milford Cruising Club for the Thurs night old boys gathering (do this whenever im in NZ)...
Great pics, the urge is building.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:58 AM
cbnz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A 991 GT3 Cup was doing laps yesterday at Hampton, sounded good too, low 7s by the Asian guy that owns it, should be some good fields of GT3's in the upcoming season
Old 07-17-2014, 06:38 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Has anyone had trouble getting into the RSG site last 24 hrs?
It was down last night for some reason but seems to be fine now.

GT3 looks mighty fine, and +1 on the badge delete. I'm sure the car must be chomping at the bit at the speed limit! On my way home from work there's a set of lights with a 1km+ straight section of road after them... I think you'd be sorely tempted if you had to stop at the front of the queue I can't even imagine how quickly you'd disappear into the horizon.

Which car(s) are you driving on Saturday?
Old 07-17-2014, 06:49 AM
sp1ked
Instructor

Default What a difference a clean makes

It's back and looking a lot better.

1991 964 - http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.asp?id=75...&hbc=&ct=image
Old 07-17-2014, 06:50 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Obsessed
It was down last night for some reason but seems to be fine now.

GT3 looks mighty fine, and +1 on the badge delete. I'm sure the car must be chomping at the bit at the speed limit! On my way home from work there's a set of lights with a 1km+ straight section of road after them... I think you'd be sorely tempted if you had to stop at the front of the queue I can't even imagine how quickly you'd disappear into the horizon.

Which car(s) are you driving on Saturday?
The engine sound is addictive. Problem is you can hit 100 in 1st without hitting the limiter. I havent ventured beyond 7000 rpm yet as per run in instructions. Its been a while since I had it on song but Im looking forward to finishing the run in Kms next week and getting it above 7000 rpm.

Taking the 993 on Saturday. Dean reckons its the most sorted its been ever. It looks great with the bigger brakes and fatter tyres. I havent driven it yet as Ive been in the GT3. Im looking forward to it....
Old 07-17-2014, 06:53 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sp1ked
It's back and looking a lot better.

1991 964 - http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.asp?id=75...&hbc=&ct=image
I have to agree it is but Im going to winge again and say for 42K (top 964 $$$ in NZ market) whats going through the owners head a). using a broom to hold up the boot and hood when a set of shocks is $50 and 20 mins DIY labour and in this day and age whats with the box brownie image quality. Does no one own a digital camera any more....maybe its just me but if I were going to pull the add after hearing negative comment on here etc I think Id do it once and do it right, but dont listen to me I spend my life in sales...
Old 07-17-2014, 07:23 AM
sp1ked
Instructor

I have to agree it is but Im going to winge again and say for 42K (top 964 $$$ in NZ market) whats going through the owners head a). using a broom to hold up the boot and hood when a set of shocks is $50 and 20 mins DIY labour and in this day and age whats with the box brownie image quality. Does no one own a digital camera any more....maybe its just me but if I were going to pull the add after hearing negative comment on here etc I think Id do it once and do it right, but dont listen to me I spend my life in sales...
That is a shocking photo. Saw it and cringed. Blue and blue isn't my favourite colour combo but ... no, I'll just save my money for when John or Doug sell theirs. Heaps of time then

Last edited by sp1ked; 07-17-2014 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-17-2014, 07:28 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

New plate, badge delete, shark works bypass, Orewa in the sun for lunch. Doesn't get any better. Car is stupidly quick....
Thanks Walt. Must say she looks drop dead in the flesh. Its quite a serious looking car. My little sister just cam by and called it the "storm trooper car". I guess in white she is right... Had her on the limits first time in NZ today. Naughty really. ABS and sideways on local roads probably not cool...very fun...unreal performance... Heres a few from the drive this evening. Heading to Precision for a tour with Dean of their operation now then Milford Cruising Club for the Thurs night old boys gathering (do this whenever im in NZ)...
Looks simply increddddddddddible! Can't wait to see her.

+1
Old 07-17-2014, 07:34 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

First thoughts that went through my mind as well; all that effort to clean it then using a stick to get a shot of the frunk/engine, why!! My phone takes better pictures. At least try to keep your finger out of the shot! I think it's my OCD nature showing through. Reality is that if someone really wants the car it will sell, regardless of the presentation and slightly aggressive wording at the end.

Am a bit gutted to miss the GT3 out and about, am looking forward to trying to keep up with it! Hopefully my hiring of something interesting in Japan will come to fruition and I can go for an exploration of the mountain roads. Feels like I should be hiring an R35, but would rather be in my car and chasing one instead.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:38 AM
PHG
Racer

ya should've dropped in Macca
I am about 500m back down the road
Old 07-17-2014, 03:11 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Actually I feel for the guy. He is trying but doesn't get it. It has been cleaned up nicely and taking photos at the dealership was a nice idea vs the farm.

A mate was telling me last night about a NZ 964 manual he was looking at recently and considering. It has kilometers in the 30k region and looked like he'd need to part with $60k. In the end he said it went for $75k we both figured it probably wouldn't be driven in anger ever and would end up in a collection. Does anyone know about this car?

On another note, the weather forecast for tomorrow looks dry - yay. Was thinking it would be wet and running on roadies but I'll bring out the trusty R888s - ha ha.

Macca. Do you own a beanie? You'll need it! Hamilton forecast is -1 at 8am :-P

Glad I have a good heater. Anyone running their car with heater delete?
Old 07-17-2014, 03:12 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Macca, is there any way the GT3 could visit us tomorrow? Dean?

We'd all LOVE to see and hear it

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?