Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roll up!
Lightly? damaged 964 C4 for auction:

http://www.manheim.co.nz/damaged-veh...=SearchResults
Old 07-13-2014, 11:14 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Its pretty interesting if thats the only damage required for an insurance company to write off a 964. I think Ive seen bird strike damage thats worse!

Interior looks like its seen everyone of those 115,000km!

If you could pick this up for around 15K and replace the hood/bumper etc I think you could have a driveable car for under 25K.

One for John perhaps?
Old 07-14-2014, 12:25 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Its pretty interesting if thats the only damage required for an insurance company to write off a 964. I think Ive seen bird strike damage thats worse!

If you could pick this up for around 15K and replace the hood/bumper etc I think you could have a driveable car for under 25K.

One for John perhaps?
No thanks. On Friday, I had a good look at what needs doing on Herman. Sill and rear bumber is simple plastic welding. Bonnet is not that bad and drivers door is fixable. Plus I'm not looking to ditch the ducktail anytime soon so an original spoiler is not needed. Right now I'm putting the effort into the Turbo 3.6. Decals will hopefully arrive in NZ before I do so that will be back together in no time. Only remaining thing to sort out are the calipers. Any suggestions for doing those in Auckland? To do it properly they need to come off the car, requiring a full brake re-bleed. Not to mention closing off four brake pipes/hoses at the same time. Is there a blocking fitting you can use?
Old 07-14-2014, 01:31 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

That's an understatement! 215k I would have thought...

btw Macca - those RE55s had m/f date of 42 09...
Old 07-14-2014, 01:42 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yikes. Vintage rubber as we suspected. Makes sense as apparently they were replaced in 2010 by RE11S...
Old 07-14-2014, 02:04 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Yikes. Vintage rubber as we suspected. Makes sense as apparently they were replaced in 2010 by RE11S...
I've contacted YHI for info on the NT01 in same sizes as Z221 foir Herman. I'm hoping in the meantime that I can sneak the Z221s through the NITT.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:35 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Doug. Well done. Done the Auckland/WTGN run a couple of times - don't envy you. Thank god you love driving! As a matter of interest, would it not have been more cost effective to have a remove company ship the stuff up vs $600 in fuel, wear and tear and your time? Or maybe it was a son/father bonding trip??
Yes, I'm sure we could have had the lot shipped for a reasonable price, but Jan and I enjoyed the road trip with Jeremy's long term girl friend, Kat (Katherine) and we got to know her folks better during the process of planning and packing. We also enjoyed helping them unpack and setup their new home in Wellington. It was a real family affair so lots of memories created from the time together and the trip itself.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:45 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Is anyone else, other than John and I, getting "Parse error" when trying to upload a photo when using the iPad or iPhone rennlist app?

If you have the app, can you try uploading a picture from your photo stream and let us know if you get the same error.

I've deleted and reinstalled the app and it makes no difference. It's broken on all of my iOS devices. I'm running e latest version according to the AppStore

The problem started happening late last week. Thanks.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:05 AM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Is anyone else, other than John and I, getting "Parse error" when trying to upload a photo when using the iPad or iPhone rennlist app?

If you have the app, can you try uploading a picture from your photo stream and let us know if you get the same error.

I've deleted and reinstalled the app and it makes no difference. It's broken on all of my iOS devices. I'm running e latest version according to the AppStore

The problem started happening late last week. Thanks.
Doug, same problem on android and for about the same length of time. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times and that has made no difference.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:15 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by ChrisB_NZ
Doug, same problem on android and for about the same length of time. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times and that has made no difference.
Thanks Chris. i've posted the issue on Member Help Forum. I expect hundreds of people are experiencing the issue so I was surprised to niot find any posts about it over there.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:28 AM
Ridgeline911
Advanced

Who's turning up to HD on 19th? Booked the targa car in, should be all finished on the 18th! I've got an itch that I haven't been able to scratch. Can't wait to pull on the overalls and helmet.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:37 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ridgeline911
Who's turning up to HD on 19th? Booked the targa car in, should be all finished on the 18th! I've got an itch that I haven't been able to scratch. Can't wait to pull on the overalls and helmet.
Mark - there's 16 in the RSG group for the 19th - did you register in the general car group?

Will be a big RSG day by the looks - waiting to see if BB lasts the day.

Cutting it fine on the 18th!! Presume you dropped the height about a foot and a half?!
Old 07-14-2014, 06:52 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
I saw a flouro yellow/green '64 heading towards the city on the northern motorway last night at about 530. Anyone here ?
I've seen the frog on SH2 heading east - it gets around!

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
I had a quote from tirerack in the IS which was around something like NZ$1650 landed incl GST for a set this size. Glad Tony got those wheels from CS
The Anthracite wheels look simply awesome matched up with the grey metallic on your cars. Looking for that perfect match on mine. Tony! If you're lurking let's see those wheels at the track as soon as you stop playing with jets!

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
Here's a few pics of Mr Black from today. The last pic would be so much better with a big red peeking out
THIS is why black is so awesome. How about you give us a lesson some sunny weekend day? We'll supply the food & drink! Seriously ...

Originally Posted by RS ZWEI
Roll up! Lightly? damaged 964 C4 for auction: http://www.manheim.co.nz/damaged-veh...=SearchResults
Hit the wall like a real man... Sheesh.

Originally Posted by Ridgeline911
I'll be there, and doing some lessons so I can find those last 10 seconds May have to pass on my drive of BB if the weather is fine...
Old 07-14-2014, 07:02 AM
Ridgeline911
Advanced

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Presume you dropped the height about a foot and a half?!
not as yet, got a bunch of stuff to do friday night. That is on the list. Should be able to get close enough just off eccentric bolt on rears. Indexed last time so they were at the top at full turn. Fronts easy enough. In general group because of cage.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:04 AM
sp1ked
Instructor

Originally Posted by RS ZWEI
Roll up!
Lightly? damaged 964 C4 for auction:

http://www.manheim.co.nz/damaged-veh...=SearchResults
Has anyone heard of this car? Licence plate was BME465. Could the km's be miles?

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?