Noooooooooooooooo!
Old 04-10-2014, 06:54 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CS Mende
Don't bid against me, please. :-)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/716235243
Good luck Chris. Hope the 997 is dulling the pain a bit, and you've had a good drive in it.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:29 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Nicked from Facebook. 4 Matt, 4 Dave, and if there was a sexy Targa this would be one
That Targa shot is stunning. I usually find the RWB's a little too exaggerated, but without the oversized wing it looks great.

Your 'rough' plan for another SI tour looks great. If another one was to be had I'd be there in a heartbeat.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:43 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Day 9 video done and dusted. The scenery at Arthur's Pass is simply breathtaking as a backdrop for the photo shoots. Each day is getting longer. This was 12 minutes taking 2gb. All done in HD.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:52 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Doug - you have me sold on another SI adventure (just like that LOL!).

I had full comp insurance through Zurich Insurance out of Switzerland. Not sure how to do it out of UK but 100% it would be possible.

Jake. Have to agree with your on the RWB Targa. Stunning.

John. 3.6T on the way in and late model GT3 on the way out. Great way to do it!
Old 04-10-2014, 08:11 AM
PHG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Hi Phil. You aren't wrong regards sticky R comps putting additional stress on drive train and brake components. Id suggest an increase of over 30% against top shelf performance street tyres for same driver same machine. I think you also find you push the car harder with all that additional grip...

try mark @ fdmotorsports@comcast.net for factory pads. Might also be worth checking with CCS parts (ask for club member 15% discount) as I understand EMD have recently re aligned their parts pricing to reduce the affect of grey market imports. For higher air freight cost items (large or heavy) you may find CCS the way to go as there may be little in it...
Hi Macca
had a peek at your car yesterday.. still naked nose, no side mirrors but what a nice car.envy is an ugly thing..! a red one beside it waiting for the transplant too..
Right re track tyres etc. I loved them, gave the car heaps. Don't worry about times but buggar all passed me.. hung the tail on T2, so was getting way brave with the stickys..especially on braking.. you know they wont let go so you just wait..
I just felt that they were too good for the car as a stock std (albeit awesome) road car.
I have a friend with a 997 turbo GTS 6 spd manual fully chipped etc which he is going to sell..hmmn!
Damn Porsche..
Old 04-10-2014, 08:20 AM
PHG
Racer

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Racebrakes in Auckland are good for most Pagids etc but don't think they carry bone stock OEM 996T pads. PMed you on the wheels and tyres.
thanks walter, I'll check them out. RT'ed yr PM
Old 04-10-2014, 06:00 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Doug. showed my wife your proposed SI itinerary. This was her response by email this morning:

"This would be the ULTIMATE South Island trip! I reckon Doug has absolutely nailed it! When can we do it???? Is Doug actually planning another one??"

Only caveat was taking the GT3 rather than the 993 as it has more space and is less drama.

So looks like you have a supporter (x2). Maybe late 2015?
Old 04-10-2014, 06:02 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Thanks Phil. Yes the mirror housing was removed to have a segment repainted due to a chip and the bumper removed to have a new lip spoiler fitted and some scratches underneath it from the NZ car transporter sanded and painted. Id like it perfect for when I get back. It looks much better when it has a nose!
Old 04-10-2014, 06:16 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Doug. showed my wife your proposed SI itinerary. This was her response by email this morning: "This would be the ULTIMATE South Island trip! I reckon Doug has absolutely nailed it! When can we do it???? Is Doug actually planning another one??" Only caveat was taking the GT3 rather than the 993 as it has more space and is less drama. So looks like you have a supporter (x2). Maybe late 2015?

Donna has been reviewing each of my
Videos and remarked on the great weather and the beautiful scenery. I think we would be starters for a trip that was more touristy than the SITT. Just drove the Turbo 3.6 to work. I think Donna and I could work with that car over a week or so of travel. PV are stuffing Chris and I around getting our cars back from ChCh so I would only look at a full drive option next time. No transporting.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

John. The 3.6T would be perfect actually. A bit softer than the C4 with more conveniences.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:12 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

John. The 3.6T would be perfect actually. A bit softer than the C4 with more conveniences.
It is softer with a power delivery that suits overtaking on NZ roads but not carving up the twisties. I think Donna could live with a few 000 km in those sports seats with Aircon.

I'm coming to loathe having two of the same model. They are polar opposites to drive and I want both experiences so I have trouble imagining a garage with only one.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:31 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nzskater
That Targa shot is stunning. I usually find the RWB's a little too exaggerated, but without the oversized wing it looks great.

Your 'rough' plan for another SI tour looks great. If another one was to be had I'd be there in a heartbeat.
Ditto to both those comments - LOVE that Targa.

As for you guys who are all tracked out - I'm having withdrawal symptoms and can't wait to get back out there. Still space on the 19th and good to see as many as possible - social or otherwise. Usual catch up at Steve's after.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:37 PM
cliffjumper
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, I'm new here so I hope I'm posting to the right thread. My apologies if it's not the best place!

My name is Matt and I'm currently looking for a tidy 944 NA, preferably '86 onwards, but I saw the '84 listed on tm yesterday http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=716243598 .I gave the owner a call last night and he said he bought it around 4 years ago from a guy who was flying out to Australia the next day, and who never sent across the service history. I think the PO was meaning to turn it in to a track car, so it apparently had a bit of an engine refresh (valves,belts, tensioners etc) and some sport suspension setup done just before selling. I know it's a long shot, especially without a plate visible, but is this car familiar to anyone? Maybe the turbo diffuser on it will ring a few bells. I don't believe the pasha interior is original.

Any advice on the car or where I should be posting this would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 04-10-2014, 08:45 PM
shiraz
Racer

"Staying in Kaikoura a couple of nights on the way down... Whale watching or Marlborough vinyards.
Next take the Inland Kaikoura Road through to Culverden. Deserted fast b-road run. Both I and Ron tried it out. I expected more mountains but the road/drive was pretty nice. Some interesting switchbacks. One corner had a 15kph sign on it!"

Tried to get you guys to call in here! I also lived on Stewart Is. for 12 years - great place.
Another really cool drive is to Motunau - 45 min nth of Chch, is only a 15 min each way trip , but narrow & twisty.

Have just ordered light kit from Tore B. Not cheapest option, but quality (Phillips parts) rather than bits made where pay scale is $1/day + bowl of rice!
Cheers -

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?