Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 02:41 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Do you have a new ETA on the Cayman? Is it on a boat yet?
Still in Singapore - due to leave port tomorrow. Will have been 8 days on the port - not very happy given the temps and humidity up there. Current due date in Akl still moving about a bit but showing 9/3 presently.

Need to hear from Chris about cut off for PV Transport but very outside chance of being ready in time for shipping down to Chch. Benefit of organising trailer and tow car from mates means no cancellation fees if plans change at the last minute. Committed to the 944 though so if the Cayman is ready then would be a bonus. Have ordered some 214s for the 944 just in case.

Last edited by peterC2S; 02-19-2014 at 03:30 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:46 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jeez - get your cheque books out team. This looks lovely. Not an 'S' despite the advert but looks to be in stunning condition.

Over to you Macca - its got to be on your list so what's the story

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-698363588.htm

Ex Singapore - reg'd here in 1999. You'd think these guys could write better adverts...
Old 02-19-2014, 02:54 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by John McM
I have my pre SITT t shirt sorted. 3 of the same design so all of the photos are concurrent. Would like one with the map you did
The map is not done yet, thats a 2 second mock up with my scribble of a rough idea of the route. As soon as the artwork is done i'll get in touch for size and colour for this limited edition special :-P
Old 02-19-2014, 02:54 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
All this talk of fuel problems. Maybe I'll take the Boxster. Its setup for 95RON or higher.

Matt/Dave: I assume the C2 is standard spec regarding this. Does that mean I can safely run it on 95RON?

I don't like carrying containers of fuel - dangerous. And don't want to have to mess about too much sorting fuel during the trip.
Not sure Doug, as far as I know the car is standard but I only ever ran 98
Old 02-19-2014, 03:00 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Jeez - get your cheque books out team. This looks lovely. Not an 'S' despite the advert but looks to be in stunning condition. Over to you Macca - its got to be on your list so what's the story http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-698363588.htm Ex Singapore - reg'd here in 1999. You'd think these guys could write better adverts...
Wow, but also can't believe how useless some dealers are at marketing their cars. They must know there's a NZ wide market for this. No photos of the interrior, engine, etc. And a useless description.

Looks like good value to me for such a low mileage 993. Macca/Paul?
Old 02-19-2014, 03:01 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Maxem
Not sure Doug, as far as I know the car is standard but I only ever ran 98
Thanks Dave.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:06 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
Awesome car and spec. Love the R Gruppe history. Pricey!

Dave this is the car for you (barr the price). Flick Steve the spec and tell him to quote up on this....
Ah, no, cause then it might be 80GBP in our money which I ain't doing. No. 1 priority with the 911 T build is to secure a good (and genuinely straight) chassis. After that it will be something, maybe not original or highly specced but it will always be a longhood which is then the canvas to do whatever with.
There is a bubble. It isn't real. I was reading on Pelican about the US$1m carrera 2.7 (asking) that is nothing special. How did they go from 500 to 1 mill in half a year? A frenzy I suppose and a fear of missing out. Happened before and it's happening again.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:07 AM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jeez - get your cheque books out team. This looks lovely.
What happened to the headlights? They look all kinda squished down and flattened.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:14 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Jeez - get your cheque books out team. This looks lovely. Not an 'S' despite the advert but looks to be in stunning condition.

Over to you Macca - its got to be on your list so what's the story

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-698363588.htm

Ex Singapore - reg'd here in 1999. You'd think these guys could write better adverts...
When I read 4S and then hit the link followed by seeing $60k I nearly spazzed out. Then I realised that it's just a 4. Haven't seen a 4S for sale in years. My pick of the 993 range.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:15 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Not a bad price though. Imagine that at $55k?
Old 02-19-2014, 03:17 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
What happened to the headlights? They look all kinda squished down and flattened.
Yeah - a bit like those 997 thingys... it'll never catch on.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:19 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by gt38088
pretty awesome lap time for the 991gt3 given the machinery listed there.

Macca maybe you should have shipped your car to Uk for a flip at premium then go again with an RS?
Graeme. It crossed my mind. I asked for an early allocation and got offered it, but the GT3 is plenty hardcore enough for me. Its my DD in NZ now Ive sold the M5 and needs to be comfortable enough for long distance touring (we regularly go for a few days drive and visit folk). It proved it could meet these requirements in Europe (wife gave it the thumbs up...but only just!) and the RS would be some much more a comprised machine form what Ive been told via a few PAG contacts. It will be quite something, but an out and out track day special. The cooking GT3 is more than enough car for me. The whole paragdigm has shifted for the GT3 as you can see by looking at the recent magazine lap times. In Europe a few weeks back they had one up against a McLaren P1 (early customer delivery) and it laped a 2.6 km track less than a second slower on the factory OEM tyres. I honestly dont think I need to go any faster mate. Im struggling to grasp the 993 on the track!
Old 02-19-2014, 03:22 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Macca - I'm assuming you saw this. I know he's not talking and understand but you've got to wonder. Inappropriate driving, tyre or mechanical failure??

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...t=1380246&nmt=
Old 02-19-2014, 03:26 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
Ah, no, cause then it might be 80GBP in our money which I ain't doing. No. 1 priority with the 911 T build is to secure a good (and genuinely straight) chassis. After that it will be something, maybe not original or highly specced but it will always be a longhood which is then the canvas to do whatever with.
There is a bubble. It isn't real. I was reading on Pelican about the US$1m carrera 2.7 (asking) that is nothing special. How did they go from 500 to 1 mill in half a year? A frenzy I suppose and a fear of missing out. Happened before and it's happening again.
I remember that last time. In NZ e type jags were even asking 90-120K NZD! Those have never recovered since the bubble burst...
Old 02-19-2014, 03:28 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Still in Singapore - due to leave port tomorrow. Will have been 8 days on the port - not very happy given the temps and humidity up there. Current due date in Akl still moving about a bit but showing 9/3 presently.

Need to hear from Chris about cut off for PV Transport but very outside chance of being ready in time for shipping down to Chch. Benefit of organising trailer and tow car from mates means no cancellation fees if plans change at the last minute. Committed to the 944 though so if the Cayman is ready then would be a bonus. Have ordered some 214s for the Cayman just in case.
9th March. Thats a Sunday. Mine has moved forward a day to Wednesday 12th but anything could change. I have finally got all the compliance docs in order to the satisfaction of the inspector but unless it clears MAF theres not a hope. You will need to wait for a truck to devan the container. Doable for Friday on the road registered and insured but unlikely.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?