Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 12:50 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Think I finally sighted the third Cayman R. Going up the South Eastern Motorway. Same colour as this car
Attached Images  
Old 11-08-2015, 01:06 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spotted an orange RSR going the other way on Tawa Drive in Albany late this morning. Lovely looking and sounding car

Originally Posted by Macca
Warwick. There are no doubt better fluids available than SRF (its pretty tied and tested). We pay $100 a litre for SRF at Repco (special which has seemed to last 12+ months now). Like many Ive stock piled a bit. The reason people tend to go this way in RSG is because there are so many of us using it that its easy to find a top up on track day. There is always half a bottle laying around here or there. Its probably more an issue when you start to look at doing events like NITT & SITT.

Dont hesitate to give those Z221 a go. Like John says they are the mutz nutz and will make best use of that geo work and corner balance you had done. Cheapest go fast mod you can make good for 2s a lap!
The AP fluid runs at about $80 litre. I put up with the doubt and disbelief about the amount required to do a complete flush from the guy in the shop for the cheaper price I am dead set keen to try the 221's for sure
Old 11-08-2015, 02:28 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

One for the 964 boys http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-...-978660174.htm
Old 11-08-2015, 02:53 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm never looking at Trade Me ever again after seeing that 993 for $220K.
That dealer is delusional ........surely.
I nearly swallowed my tongue while eating my hokey pokey ice cream when I saw it.

Imagine what my Turbo 3.6 would be worth now!
Old 11-08-2015, 03:06 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 993MAN
I'm never looking at Trade Me ever again after seeing that 993 for $220K.
That dealer is delusional ........surely.
I nearly swallowed my tongue while eating my hokey pokey ice cream when I saw it.

Imagine what my Turbo 3.6 would be worth now!
Well given the price the dealer has on that imported 993 C4S your old 993 C2S would be "worth" 200K and your old 3.6 400K...in reality probably just a bit more than half of that.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:28 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Think I finally sighted the third Cayman R. Going up the South Eastern Motorway. Same colour as this car
Think I prefer white

Dropped it off at HD this morning and Dan collected from there. Will have new front rotors and LCAs, pagid yellows all around and a bit more negative camber before next Sat. Looking at the forecast it'll be a close run thing though - could be fine or torrential rain...
Old 11-08-2015, 04:20 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tesla thoughts

You guys have probably already seen this Tesla drag race but it's impressive non the less...
Had heard of this clip but not seen it yet so thanks. Full torque from 0 revs and proper AWD with computer control certainly get these electric cars off the line in a hurry. Surprised it is only stated at an 11.6 quarter though. With that power and drag coefficient I'd have expected better, but maybe the real timeslips are a fair bit quicker. I believe Tesla will soon raise their top speed beyond 250kph as well, at which time it would be fun to see how it compares over the standing kilometre.

Three points stand out with these:

1. Electric cars are this quick only a few decades into their more serious development (yes, not counting the Lohner Porsche etc). Tesla's current Insane and Ludicrous modes will look like granny mode in another decade probably. Lithium Air batteries and then the next tech wave will rev things up soon.

2. The Tesla is one big compromise. Really, I reckon it is just one, because you get a car that marries supercar performance, with economy, with practicality (3rd row of seats optional). Range anxiety is the only real compromise that comes to mind. Would like to see how one fares in Targa actually. Probably need a support truck with batteries rather than the tyre truck for the drifters but would be interesting. I presume they are capable of sustained high performance but then again it may pull power as the batteries heat up?

3. 'Tesla Model S P85D'. Really? They must have some serious production contraints to slap that on these things.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:35 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Good stuff then, and glad Peter took the consensus onboard.
From Ron regards last weeks Targa NZ. Looks like 7 cars from 17 did not finish/crashed out... Does sound like a lot of fun tho!! Very jealous...

"The Targa Tour was pretty good actually and the smaller number (around 17) certainly made it much easier operationally. The lead driver (Devon M with Greg P co-driver) in a new Jag F-type was certainly fast, and faster than any lead car we've ever had...so overall we did have a really good time, with the pace fast"
After last time's on again-off again Targa Tour, it is good to know they can still deliver. Wish I'd done this one instead. Pity about that unanticipated gravel and its effects though. With protests etc I sure hope no sabotage was involved.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:00 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Think I prefer white Dropped it off at HD this morning and Dan collected from there. Will have new front rotors and LCAs, pagid yellows all around and a bit more negative camber before next Sat. Looking at the forecast it'll be a close run thing though - could be fine or torrential rain...
I like rain, it's good for photography, which is all I will be doing on the day.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:15 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
I like rain, it's good for photography, which is all I will be doing on the day.
I don't, not on my first fang anyway. The forecast usually drifts a little over the days leading up to.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:22 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996tnz
After last time's on again-off again Targa Tour, it is good to know they can still deliver. Wish I'd done this one instead. Pity about that unanticipated gravel and its effects though. With protests etc I sure hope no sabotage was involved.
Ron says price will come down in 2016 as Peter got the message (hopefully loud and clear). Id be keen to do the full Targa in 2017 in the 993 assuming they get the formula right between now and then. Next year have booked 10 track days inc SITT and 18 weeks traveling offshore so cant fit it in....
Old 11-08-2015, 09:17 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Ron says price will come down in 2016 as Peter got the message (hopefully loud and clear). Id be keen to do the full Targa in 2017 in the 993 assuming they get the formula right between now and then. Next year have booked 10 track days inc SITT and 18 weeks traveling offshore so cant fit it in....
I see part of the carnage on the tour included the AMG Mercedes on the Gentle Annie west stage. It was wet on the last downhill portion to the end - maybe 5-6kms- and pretty slippery. Check out the Friday wrap video on the Targa web site and you will see how slippery from my incar. Sorry I can't post link am offshore again with no youtube access. Its only 3min vid.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:03 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

the black car in the vid is Troy for those that have been on SITT, track instruction
Old 11-08-2015, 09:20 PM
PHG
Racer

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
"Mr Black is now in that space"? Anyway, these discussions better had over beer than bits and bytes lest responses get misconstrued.

Phil: can we twist your arm for hosting another beer and pizza night? Or has that train sailed?
Shyte..just back from 10 days in Aussie, and it takes longer to catch up on this thread..

For those who wish, we can certainly do a afterevening beer ands skittles in the Viaduct..
How many interested out there?
Old 11-08-2015, 09:45 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Our resident jet setting boat broker returns! Date dependent Phil Jo & I are keen. We are back 19 Dec to 20 Jan. However choose a date that works for the majority...

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?