Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 02:24 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Images of Magnus 964 starting to appear - I see it has a whale tail (oooh-no Magnus is going to make whale tails fashonable again.........)

Give it a few years and a few more cars to come through, and Doug, JMc and Warwick will all want spoilers - I see Doug is already on the slippery slope with those little chin numbers, next he will need some rear end aero??
Attached Images   
Old 11-11-2015, 02:31 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Just two more sleeps............ looking forward to it.
Attached Images  
Old 11-11-2015, 02:36 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Images of Magnus 964 starting to appear - I see it has a whale tail (oooh-no Magnus is going to make whale tails fashonable again.........) Give it a few years and a few more cars to come through, and Doug, JMc and Warwick will all want spoilers - I see Doug is already on the slippery slope with those little chin numbers, next he will need some rear end aero??
I already have a spoiler under the house and it's staying there.
Attached Images  
Old 11-11-2015, 03:07 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

^^^ you wait...............fashion always comes around again..........
Old 11-11-2015, 03:32 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

^^^ you wait...............fashion always comes around again..........
True, look out for the 911 T @ 2:40
Old 11-11-2015, 03:40 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

^^^^ What's left of it - has bits falling off?? Love the patina though.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:55 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I haven't kept up with what Magnus is doing since he became over exposed. I lost interest when he started pumping the publicity.

The 964 looks a bit of an abortion to me. Cut vents over fenders and creased roof panel would have been nice artistic cues 5 years back but now look like they are following 991 GT3RS design cues. As for fixed spoiler...well most know my position on that one - especially with the narrow rear flanks of the 964 which are delicate and benefit from nothing at all or at most a little ducktail flick. Not a fan of adding bright work to 964 gen either. All that said will try and keep an open mind but for now I'm not convinced he's scored a bulls eye.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:34 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Damn John, that took me back 25+ years just before my morning smoothie (Jo has Nutra Bullet now so every morning breakfast is a slimy concoction of obliterated solid foods, nuts and berries, in a variety of colours resulting in various hues. Today's was Pink which bodes better than Green I can tell you...).

How young were those actors then aye! I just love the non restored "Patina'd" 911T look in that movie. Bit like that 356 video out recently. It like I love that SC floating around PCNZ with the rear lid look rusty like its been on fire and put out. The quicker those with new paint jobs can get them all patina'd up the better I reckon and its conducive to using the car too for its intended purpose so a win win. Its also rebel when everyone is going those up because of their value then garage queening them. As a non conformist I approve!

Having the 10 year old clear film taken of the 993 in a few weeks time before the track work at the Festival. I regret putting it on in 2005 when the car was repainted. Its gone soft, looks horrible but now it will be removed all that hard work Ive done in Targas and on back roads and track to chip up the rest of the bonnet will look odd with the first 40cm of the hood looking new and same with the upper part of the bumper. I may have to fill those little chips in with paint to reset the look and then go driving up the bump of someone with R comps for a while :-)
Old 11-11-2015, 05:52 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Oh no. Discovery Turbo has started on Sky Channel 75. I watched nothing but that channel in Jakarta and it cost me a fortune in playing with cars when I repatriated to NZ. For the sake of your wallet resist at all costs.
John, you were onto it. That channel is creating addicts in search of a fix. Was doorstopped at the Drury BP just now by a guy in love with my beast after he saw a pastel or champagne yellow 356 on Discovery Turbo yesterday. He was nice in asking to take photos and said he'd decided just yesterday that a yellow Turbo was his dream car, so I had him try the driver's seat out for size too. All very quick but the lady at the counter was still amazed at the attention it got...
Old 11-11-2015, 06:33 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996tnz
John, you were onto it. That channel is creating addicts in search of a fix. Was doorstopped at the Drury BP just now by a guy in love with my beast after he saw a pastel or champagne yellow 356 on Discovery Turbo yesterday. He was nice in asking to take photos and said he'd decided just yesterday that a yellow Turbo was his dream car, so I had him try the driver's seat out for size too. All very quick but the lady at the counter was still amazed at the attention it got...
Clever move. Hope you got his number. Always have an exit plan LOL!
Old 11-11-2015, 07:37 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Damn John, that took me back 25+ years just before my morning smoothie (Jo has Nutra Bullet now so every morning breakfast is a slimy concoction of obliterated solid foods, nuts and berries, in a variety of colours resulting in various hues. Today's was Pink which bodes better than Green I can tell you...). How young were those actors then aye! I just love the non restored "Patina'd" 911T look in that movie. Bit like that 356 video out recently. It like I love that SC floating around PCNZ with the rear lid look rusty like its been on fire and put out. The quicker those with new paint jobs can get them all patina'd up the better I reckon and its conducive to using the car too for its intended purpose so a win win. Its also rebel when everyone is going those up because of their value then garage queening them. As a non conformist I approve! Having the 10 year old clear film taken of the 993 in a few weeks time before the track work at the Festival. I regret putting it on in 2005 when the car was repainted. Its gone soft, looks horrible but now it will be removed all that hard work Ive done in Targas and on back roads and track to chip up the rest of the bonnet will look odd with the first 40cm of the hood looking new and same with the upper part of the bumper. I may have to fill those little chips in with paint to reset the look and then go driving up the bump of someone with R comps for a while :-)
If Jo follows the smoothie up with moves like the woman at 2:04 the house girl will never get a look in
Old 11-11-2015, 07:39 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

I lost interest when he started pumping the publicity.
Buggar - I was planning on buying you Magnus socks and after-shave for Xmas.

I share your view on Magnus product line.

He nails long hoods, I don't mind his IB's - but not convinced on the 964 based on these photos either??
Old 11-11-2015, 07:42 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Racoguy told me that the Chasing Classic Car program tonight is a Porsche one. This channel could do wonders for the market. The only thing I note so far is that there doesn't seem to be much in new programming since I last watched it in 2012.

Btw Walter, what does the Grinch need to race? Neil has entered it in the next 2k cup race. Dave and Doug are taking BB2
Old 11-11-2015, 07:47 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Damn John, that took me back 25+ years just before my morning smoothie (Jo has Nutra Bullet now so every morning breakfast is a slimy concoction of obliterated solid foods, nuts and berries, in a variety of colours resulting in various hues. Today's was Pink which bodes better than Green I can tell you...).

How young were those actors then aye! I just love the non restored "Patina'd" 911T look in that movie. Bit like that 356 video out recently. It like I love that SC floating around PCNZ with the rear lid look rusty like its been on fire and put out. The quicker those with new paint jobs can get them all patina'd up the better I reckon and its conducive to using the car too for its intended purpose so a win win. Its also rebel when everyone is going those up because of their value then garage queening them. As a non conformist I approve!

Having the 10 year old clear film taken of the 993 in a few weeks time before the track work at the Festival. I regret putting it on in 2005 when the car was repainted. Its gone soft, looks horrible but now it will be removed all that hard work Ive done in Targas and on back roads and track to chip up the rest of the bonnet will look odd with the first 40cm of the hood looking new and same with the upper part of the bumper. I may have to fill those little chips in with paint to reset the look and then go driving up the bump of someone with R comps for a while :-)
Yeah, you know what Macca? I think there is some underlying reason that I can't get off my chuff and get the rear lid sorted on the SC. I have come to quite like the temporary one weekend only tape patches and badge on the SC. If I did get it fixed, I'd be tempted to let my kids loose on the fresh lid with a bit of paint to do it again.
Attached Images  
Old 11-11-2015, 07:56 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Buggar - I was planning on buying you Magnus socks and after-shave for Xmas.

I share your view on Magnus product line.

He nails long hoods, I don't mind his IB's - but not convinced on the 964 based on these photos either??
I am quite looking forward to seeing it. The general mods to 911's are pretty predictable and 964's are either RS or RWB clones. Not much else you can do really so lets see.
Magnus gets a bit of stick these days but you gotta admire the guy and he keeps himself above and out of the negativity.
At the end of the day he is no different to any of us: Promoting ones self, services or products to make a living.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?