Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 09:50 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by 993 Targa
Damn I was just about to mention seeing if the 996 was on the market. Got to get in early on the 911 wife swapping here
Yes, option holding is common. The R wouldn't be in Auckland if Peter hadn't asked for an option back in January.

Trading within the Gruppe has its risks but the upside is that you should have an idea how a car has been cared for.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:39 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Paul you are naughty leading all those folk astray!! ;-)

I hope I dont get in trouble for this but Paul is going down the 356 route (finally). I hear the Janis Joplin car is up for auction if you want to sell a few of your rentals LOL!

My GT3 is not for sale, although I was called last night by an interested party wanting a Club-sport (only 3 others in NZ I was informed inc Ron & Jon - not for sale) and confess it was a potentially an attractive deal. There is still some fun to be had in the car as I'm just starting to feel comfortable with it on the track and I must say its a bit of a revelation. Once you are no longer intimidated it can be quite chuck-able. Id like to complete the track day in Jan and also the 2016 SITT in the car. May even stretch to the 2016 NITT before the car can be prised from my clammy grasp LOL!

Car is in at CCS now having new front rotors and pads fitted. Also a warranty thermostat (updated part) job Ive been reluctant to find time for.

The white 991 GT3RS was there. I have to admit I thought it may woo me over in the flesh. It looks aggressive as others have said but I was a little disappointing truth be told. The stance is all wrong, its super wide at the rear, not a fan of the 991TT rear fender inlets and the wing is a bit OTT. Lots of fins and black contrast panels and things. Im 100% sure its the dogs bollix to drive but aesthetically its not as pleasing to me as my boggo GT3CS. Wouldn't say no if it were offered to me but apparently its a 160K+ trade in situation should I biff in the GT3 for one and apart from the fact its well above my pay grace I still have 1-2s to find at most NI tracks which could take me at least another year or two...

Busy day at CCS. Impossible to find parking, Neils GT3 was there as was JBs GT3. Not sure for what exactly. Otherwise nothing much of interest...

Last edited by Macca; 09-23-2015 at 01:11 AM.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:28 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Don't listen to Macca, caught a spy shot of the car Paul is bidding on, Japanese Outlaw 911.
Attached Images  
Old 09-23-2015, 12:44 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spotted white 991 GT3 at servo on Fanshawe St (not Maccas, though did have personalized pate). These cars have presence - at least to a pcar spotter - how anyone else could not give it a sideways glace i don't know. Mind you whip of choice around those parts at the moment are Hilux utes
Old 09-23-2015, 01:02 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 993 Targa
Damn I was just about to mention seeing if the 996 was on the market. Got to get in early on the 911 wife swapping here
I've seen the wedding photos mate, you apprear to be like Macca and married waaay above your station in life.......

I wouldn't be offering her up just yet :-)
Old 09-23-2015, 01:08 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

They look pretty good when they aren't filthy and covered with track rubber (which mine is). However no denying this one has a presence :-)

P.S. A "key party" could be a a novel RSG event idea LOL!
Attached Images   
Old 09-23-2015, 01:13 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Im not sure about the black vinyl wrap on the roof. Might be one step to far? I think I would have had the headlight washer "nipples" painted body colour and ordered the black headlights of the dark grey PDLS ones (same as I have) rather than the standard silver...
Old 09-23-2015, 01:15 AM
993 Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
I've seen the wedding photos mate, you apprear to be like Macca and married waaay above your station in life.......

Haha, some of us may just so happen to belong to deceptively high stations! Obviously I didn't highlight the 911 part clearly enough. Less than two years on the clock for me so not sick of her yet.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:19 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

How NOT to overtake http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news...at-nurburgring
Old 09-23-2015, 01:40 AM
Garry D
Instructor

Originally Posted by Macca
Paul you are naughty leading all those folk astray!! ;-)

I hope I dont get in trouble for this but Paul is going down the 356 route (finally). I hear the Janis Joplin car is up for auction if you want to sell a few of your rentals LOL!

My GT3 is not for sale, although I was called last night by an interested party wanting a Club-sport (only 3 others in NZ I was informed inc Ron & Jon - not for sale) and confess it was a potentially an attractive deal. There is still some fun to be had in the car as I'm just starting to feel comfortable with it on the track and I must say its a bit of a revelation. Once you are no longer intimidated it can be quite chuck-able. Id like to complete the track day in Jan and also the 2016 SITT in the car. May even stretch to the 2016 NITT before the car can be prised from my clammy grasp LOL!

Car is in at CCS now having new front rotors and pads fitted. Also a warranty thermostat (updated part) job Ive been reluctant to find time for.

The white 991 GT3RS was there. I have to admit I thought it may woo me over in the flesh. It looks aggressive as others have said but I was a little disappointing truth be told. The stance is all wrong, its super wide at the rear, not a fan of the 991TT rear fender inlets and the wing is a bit OTT. Lots of fins and black contrast panels and things. Im 100% sure its the dogs bollix to drive but aesthetically its not as pleasing to me as my boggo GT3CS. Wouldn't say no if it were offered to me but apparently its a 160K+ trade in situation should I biff in the GT3 for one and apart from the fact its well above my pay grace I still have 1-2s to find at most NI tracks which could take me at least another year or two...

Busy day at CCS. Impossible to find parking, Neils GT3 was there as was JBs GT3. Not sure for what exactly. Otherwise nothing much of interest...

Mark , you should offer the GT3 up here first , when the time comes , you never know who could be interested at the time .
Old 09-23-2015, 02:16 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

One less 993 for sale. This one has been withdrawn from Trademe. I rang them and its sold, the guy I spoke to didn't know the details of the deal though.
Attached Images  
Old 09-23-2015, 03:09 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

In QLD all day, nothing, nothing, nothing, Cayenne, Macan, boring, boring, then this beauty pops up in surfers. Had a 30 second chat to the dude, has a long hood too. This is a '58.
Attached Images  
Old 09-23-2015, 03:38 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Originally Posted by Garry D
Mark , you should offer the GT3 up here first , when the time comes , you never know who could be interested at the time .
Point taken Gary and will do so....

Dave where was that hiding when I was there? I saw squat of interest in 3 weeks over there....
Old 09-23-2015, 03:41 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Maxem
In QLD all day, nothing, nothing, nothing, Cayenne, Macan, boring, boring, then this beauty pops up in surfers. Had a 30 second chat to the dude, has a long hood too. This is a '58.
Too nice a car to be sleeping behind the wheel
Old 09-23-2015, 04:31 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

All will be revealed shortly.

It is being replaced with another Pcar.
Busted! - yes swapping my GT3 and cash for Macca's GT3. I need to sell the 993 for the balance of the funds.......

Some serious tease going on here...

So the 993 is sold subject to payment based on the TM advert. Selling because he is buying a GT3 - is that the one you already have or the 997.1/2 that you've always lusted after...?

Time to tell all mate!

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?