Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 06:12 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Pete asked the question so I had to look at objective data. The engine management system change as is would appear to have made little difference to power. The faster time is Steve in November 2013 versus me yesterday. Clearly, based on that and the Black tail pipe there's a need to check AFRs.
With your red line it looks to have a bit more power (steeper gradient on the straights from better acceleration) than it had on the blue run. Lines, braking, shift points etc may have made that lap time difference.

Yes, I didn't check out too many exhausts but noticed both Macca's and mine were white after some hard running so yours will be running a bit rich (though it's safer to be too rich than too lean of course).
Old 04-29-2015, 06:20 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

A belated thanks to those that made yesterday happen. It makes me wonder whether we are getting to the point of taking two Playday spots, maybe split along times with the cut off at 1.20 per lap.

Great to see so many air cooled cars out there and some doing it the hard way. I sat in Ralf's car to come back from putting Black Beauty away to realise he doesn't have bucket seats and a harness, yet is flinging that C3 around the track like he owns it. A great show from the 964s. If Chris M hadn't put his white C4 over the tyre wall last year we would have had even more. If the bug bites we have the start of a more evenly balanced group. It was getting heavily water pumper GT3 for a while there.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:43 AM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Trackdays: Who would be interested in a Porsche only track group for one of the playday sessions next year? If we paid more than the usual fee (maybe twice) and got more room on the track (half the cars) and benefitted from like minded drivers (not having drifting Nissan Silvias in front) it might be a good option. Would make a great social occasion too...
We've come along way since this post! Great day and great to see so much growth; seems people would rather take a day off work than use their weekend. Many thanks to the key players in organising yesterday, Macca, Peter et al. Special thanks to Steve R for giving it a professional edge and hosting for the social bit.
So many cool cars and great people - really wish I was better with names but look forward to next time - when is that?
Old 04-29-2015, 06:49 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres some pics i took from the "last of the summer rum". Frankly most of the shots i took were a bit crap. These ones were a little more interesting. Good experience though. Hope you enjoy them
Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2015, 06:53 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2015, 06:55 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

yummy...
Attached Images  

Last edited by pcarplayer; 04-29-2015 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:56 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Sorry, token Datsun....
Attached Images  

Last edited by pcarplayer; 04-29-2015 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:56 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2015, 07:06 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
Heres some pics i took from the "last of the summer rum". Frankly most of the shots i took were a bit crap. These ones were a little more interesting. Good experience though. Hope you enjoy them
Great shots Warwick - you obviously have an eye for angles! Wouldn't mind seeing the next tier down by the looks of those and would love the full res version of that last one. Sorry about the unintentional photobomb of the oldies BTW. I just figured things would look much better with a 5th row of cars filling out the track so when Steve R went up the inside I followed, only to find him reversing back into the middle, leaving me on pole.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:38 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
As promised:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2o...28-4-2015_auto

Almost saved it - should probably have given it less steering and more gas after the initial catch. At the time though I was already pretty happy just to keep it on track and slow it down.

It started because I fed power in a little too early and heavily in an effort to hang with the guys on R-comps. The moment the rears lose traction the revs surge up and she steps out. Once the back had started sliding off the narrow drier racing line and the front had to follow to catch the initial oversteer, options were pretty limited as traction just plummeted.
nice one Walt, plenty of space so no harm. I am envious of you AKL boys being able to zap out to HD for a day for a few laps. Bugger I am working flat out to keep the Targa campaign funded. See you in a couple of weeks at the start in Puke.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:38 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

No one minds I'm sure Walter. You've shown us that it spins like an old Porsche so it fits in just fine

On a photo note; a photographer friend is submitting an article to a Japanese Porsche magazine and needs some images that represent the local NZ Porsche culture. Anyone interested in a Sunday run and helping out?
Old 04-29-2015, 07:59 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Great shots Warwick - you obviously have an eye for angles! Wouldn't mind seeing the next tier down by the looks of those and would love the full res version of that last one. Sorry about the unintentional photobomb of the oldies BTW. I just figured things would look much better with a 5th row of cars filling out the track so when Steve R went up the inside I followed, only to find him reversing back into the middle, leaving me on pole.
Thanks Walter. You should be able to download a copy form my Flickr page

https://www.flickr.com/photos/warwickmayson/17308996775

Haha, nice to see a smiling Yellow face. It adds a nice colour contrast to the front line. I'll try to work on some of the other shots and see if there are any others i can do anything with. I try to manual focus on the non-panning shots. It was the first time i've taken any moving cars and had a lot just out of focus. Next time I go to shoot i wont be driving on the same day
Old 04-29-2015, 08:01 AM
BadgerNZ
Track Day

Originally Posted by RS ZWEI
11 May.
Aah gutted! No can do. Mrs Badger flies in from the UK at noon on the 11th and if I'm not there to welcome her, I can probably kiss goodbye to any tracktime for the next few years!

I'm sure there'll be some very nice hardware out there this year
Old 04-29-2015, 08:33 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Walter. You should be able to download a copy form my Flickr page

https://www.flickr.com/photos/warwickmayson/17308996775
Got it I think. F1.8/1.4/1.2 and a fair sized sensor are the go for handheld dusk shots aren't they.More nice shots in your stream too. Love that rock wash shot, the Mini dash detail , your street candid and especially that mono Morgan shot.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:47 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks Walter. You should be able to download a copy form my Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/warwickmayson/17308996775 Haha, nice to see a smiling Yellow face. It adds a nice colour contrast to the front line. I'll try to work on some of the other shots and see if there are any others i can do anything with. I try to manual focus on the non-panning shots. It was the first time i've taken any moving cars and had a lot just out of focus. Next time I go to shoot i wont be driving on the same day
Warwick - great lens work. I couldn't trouble you for a copy of my GT3 on Flickr too could I as I was too busy on the day to take any shots. That group shot is fantastic and my new screen saver!! If you have any more definitely post them!!! Brilliant stuff :-)

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?