Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/cust...r-history.html
Old 05-02-2015, 06:40 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
I was in front and was overtaken a few laps before this in exactly the same way, however the CRO told me I was in the wrong. Maybe the racers can tell me exactly why? I suspect as I was late braking it's classed as diving. That Levin seemed to have weird lines but maintain grip in corners. Poetic justice in that he finished two places ahead of me.
From where I was on the pit wall the problem appeared to be that you locked up under braking so went straight ahead when you would needed to have been able to turn in to make that pass. Tyre smoke would have been an influencing factor for the officials.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:58 PM
sp1ked
Instructor

Originally Posted by peterC2S
From where I was on the pit wall the problem appeared to be that you locked up under braking so went straight ahead when you would needed to have been able to turn in to make that pass. Tyre smoke would have been an influencing factor for the officials.
That's a good point Pete.

Would it be then that: smoke = out of control, no smoke and holding a line = under control?
Old 05-02-2015, 07:12 PM
mjg
Pro

If it makes you feel any better John, it happens to the best of them. From the WEC race at Spa today:

Name:  yxB705.gif
Views: 568
Size:  1.48 MB
Old 05-02-2015, 07:26 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mjg
If it makes you feel any better John, it happens to the best of them. From the WEC race at Spa today:
Missed the top step but 3 kiwis in the 10 ten is a fantastic result. Is there a site that will show you the lap times by driver? Interested to see how Bamber & Evans matched up against their co-drivers.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:13 PM
Ndewar
Instructor

The race , for me, was what I had been hoping for when the whole idea of the RSG Hondas was born. For that I must thank all involved but particularly John and Walter for all their time and effort in getting the cars ready and so competitive. I was surprised at how well they performed and how fast they were. Thanks to Glen for the garage space and sorry about the DNF. Fast pug though and well driven.
Lessons learned.......
Preparation is time consuming and should be done before race day to decrease stress. Thanks to Pete and Chris for assisting and helping with the cars and with sound advice.
Race time Communication with your team would be useful.
Listen to the car carefully. The discs are glowing red on my car in Walters pics . I didn't realize this was happening and only had a slight feeling of fade a few corners and some laps before . I should have backed off but ..... You know!
The brake went from good at the hairpin to nothing at barrel 51 in the space of a few seconds. Hard to judge and impossible to prevent the collision. I am pleased I managed to turn her and prevent a head on.
Sorry Walter for ruining your ride today. But the grinch was fast and John was driving very well and hard to overtake so you should be competitive. Good luck and sorry I can't make it there to help.
All in all I am very happy with my consistency and the performance of the car . She will be back and I am happy to pay for the repairs and help with the work.
My message at the end of the day seems to be repetitive but is heartfelt...... This was an amazing experience and although the end result could have been better it is so worthwhile and enjoyable,exciting and rewarding. I loved every minute and would encourage all those sitting and watching to grab a chance to do this thing. You wont be sorry.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:37 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
It would be, but non factory ducts are not allowed for 2KCup, where they try to keep the cars as standard as possible, down to tyre sizes, factory suspension arms with no shims etc. Non adjustable shocks, springs, brake pads and fluids are free, but not much else is, not even aero.
can you just create a hole on the front for more airflow? no ducting? take some fog lamps out or other trim - or cut a small hole
Old 05-02-2015, 10:11 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 366 Posts
Default 2k cup

Walter's race starts at 1:20.

A possible heart attack when they said they were bringing the race forward of lunch as the Marshall's lunches hadn't arrived and I was working on the pads, but common sense prevailed and it's back to normal time. Walter's qual time was 0.05 seconds faster than mine.
Old 05-02-2015, 11:49 PM
racoguy
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 82 Posts

Spotted this sitting on the wharf today, good to see another 964 coming in the country.
Looks to be a Turbo as well? dual exhausts and wide rear arches.
Has Recaro seats and cage in it, looks to be ex Japan but it was a bit too far away to see any detail.
Attached Images  
Old 05-02-2015, 11:52 PM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How did Walter get on?
Old 05-03-2015, 12:03 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Others of us were doing some Targa Tour shakedown today. Nice day for it.
Attached Images    
Old 05-03-2015, 12:29 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ Only five cars - good number for a Ron's Run and nice to see Jason there.

Jake - did you manage to photograph those fashion followers of Camo Cap Dave? - worth posting I reckon.

Luke - it was good to hang out with your today. You need to make it to the NITT.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:38 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Obsessed
How did Walter get on?
Walter finished 22nd out of 41 starters. A great effort considering these were the top points leaders in the Cup. Unfortunately the Grinch was hit twice by the 12th place finisher Steve ***. Once in the front and once in the rear. I think the BBQ committee are investigating. Given it was a reverse grid race there is a lot of overtaking needed to win and some being too aggressive. We will need to develop some panel beating skills.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:46 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Photos
Attached Images   
Old 05-03-2015, 02:18 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Walter finished 22nd out of 41 starters. A great effort considering these were the top points leaders in the Cup. Unfortunately the Grinch was hit twice by the 12th place finisher Steve ***. Once in the front and once in the rear. I think the BBQ committee are investigating. Given it was a reverse grid race there is a lot of overtaking needed to win and some being too aggressive. We will need to develop some panel beating skills.
I was watching the laps on race monitor - that's a very good finish and well ahead of a lot of cars that had higher best laps. Must have been consistent. The last 15 minutes was exciting watching Walt try and hold off a couple of faster cars.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?