Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 10:46 PM
integralenz
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
I don't think there are many opportunities left now, too many people and dealers speculating what the next Pcar to go up in value is.

The equation is simple - just look for limited production number cars. Anything they only made a few thousand of will be collectable............
That would be the 993 C4 then. Only a few thousand of them.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:55 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

On the subject of Hondas - those who crashed them - when are you fixing them..........??
Walter is at pickapart as I write this. He will fettle the Grinch this week.

BB2 is fixed. New front guard, door and mirror. All OEM colour. The right rear quarter is resprayed in "Bogan Black" to avoid the need for bog, which would weigh her down. Neil also fronted for a new tyre, caliper and brake line. Not a cheap exercise, but he paid for the lot. I threw in my labour to help. All as we agreed.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:14 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by integralenz
That would be the 993 C4 then. Only a few thousand of them.
I would talk 993 prices, but Macca has flown the coupe in disgust.............

I really like your 993, it's a nice spec.

Have you done any further work to the car recently?
Old 06-15-2015, 11:50 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PHG
I hate that clip Macca..that's a 996 turbo with full Jandel you breeze past after the sweeper.. Me..!!
A stock 996 Turbo on street tyres - there, fixed it for you Phil! Actually I was ecstatic to hear it was yours as I wasn't there on the day and had feared the car in the vid was ChrisBs uprated 996T on R-comps - hence my earlier 'resistance is futile' comment about Macca's GT3. Bit happier to tangle again now, though the odds do still remain heavily in his corner!

Now, if we could only slow his changes up to be comparable, and lock his rear wheel steering straight...
Old 06-15-2015, 11:56 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996tnz
A stock 996 Turbo on street tyres - there, fixed it for you Phil! Actually I was ecstatic to hear it was yours as I wasn't there on the day and had feared the car in the vid was ChrisBs uprated 996T on R-comps - hence my earlier 'resistance is futile' comment about Macca's GT3. Bit happier to tangle again now, though the odds do still remain heavily in his corner!

Now, if we could only slow his changes up to be comparable, and lock his rear wheel steering straight...
Just have somthing loose hangin off the back of your car (i.e. muffler) - even a Honda will slow Macca up for a few laps...........
Old 06-16-2015, 12:08 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Just have somthing loose hangin off the back of your car (i.e. muffler) - even a Honda will slow Macca up for a few laps...........
LOL. I shouldn't have told anyone mine has its coolant fittings pinned - would've kept Macca half a lap back by the sounds of it.

Right, I'll hand on the batten now - someone else's turn to troll for his return to the cheap seats here.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:11 AM
integralenz
Intermediate

I would talk 993 prices, but Macca has flown the coupe in disgust.............

I really like your 993, it's a nice spec.

Have you done any further work to the car recently?
Not very much. Fitted Torre B's third brake light LED upgrade and auxiliary LED brake lights where the rear fogs would be located, if optioned. New Michelins, suspension geometry, OCD detailing....Heading fast toward that "Ton" too.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:21 AM
BadgerNZ
Track Day

On this whole car value boom at the moment, I wouldn't bank on it lasting. I remember what happened in the late '80s and early '90s, there were plenty of speculators who got their fingers burned on exotic/classic metal then. It's one thing to deal with rare cars (like the RS4.0s, Cups etc), but the current blip in 964 pricing is more a fashion thing than anything else since supply isn't exactly limited. I remember a time when E-Type Jaguars were worth a bomb, up to about $150k in the early '90s, then they bombed and you could pick up a tidy S1 3.8 for $45k, only now are they climbing back up above $120k or so.

Auckland property will probably go the same way at some point
Old 06-16-2015, 12:25 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Not very much. Fitted Torre B's third brake light LED upgrade and auxiliary LED brake lights where the rear fogs would be located, if optioned. New Michelins, suspension geometry, OCD detailing....Heading fast toward that "Ton" too.
If it's Blue and was at OCD 3 or so weeks ago I saw it. Nice car and it looked like OCD were going to town on it.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:36 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BadgerNZ
Auckland property will probably go the same way at some point
What? You mean there is no huge pool of wealthy buyers just waiting for our interest rates to double before they plunge into the market? Lucky my fortune is all in E-Types then...
Old 06-16-2015, 12:40 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

1 day (after many, many beers) we will have to trade notes on repaint costs........
Old 06-16-2015, 01:40 AM
PHG
Racer

Originally Posted by 996tnz

Not only street tyres Walter, but sadly low on tyre pressure/temperature.. squealed like a stuck pig on every corner and felt like driving on Marshmellows. I overcompensated from a previous track time when they got too hot/hard and was dang near impossible to turn into a corner..
Saying that, not only was Maccas corner and exit speed so much higher, his gloves and shoes were immaculate.. who can compete with that?
I don't think the man actually sweats..!!
Old 06-16-2015, 02:14 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by PHG
Not only street tyres Walter, but sadly low on tyre pressure/temperature.. squealed like a stuck pig on every corner and felt like driving on Marshmellows. I overcompensated from a previous track time when they got too hot/hard and was dang near impossible to turn into a corner..
Saying that, not only was Maccas corner and exit speed so much higher, his gloves and shoes were immaculate.. who can compete with that?
I don't think the man actually sweats..!!
Priceless Phil. I dropped my pressures 8 or 10 PSI before my first Sprints (competitor's recommendation) so know of what you speak. Your boating experience would come in handy! Also familiar with that greasy feeling that comes on pretty hard when they overheat. On streets I now normally drop 4 or 5 psi before the first 5 to 8 lap run then another 5 or so before the second (whatever gets me a few psi under stock cold pressures again). Mainly to protect them better from sidewall damage. For longer races I drop pressures in one go beforehand but am then careful to warm them up before going hard out.

Sounds like Neil has competition for the coolest cucumber prize, though it stays Neil's until Macca's composure has been tested under similarly exigent circumstances (one hour race, brake fire and crash, with Neil still looking like he'd just stepped out of the green room for a TV interview).
Old 06-16-2015, 02:50 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Odd question I know, but is anyone on here perhaps looking to lose two adult tickets to the soccer final at the weekend? If so, please drop me a PM. I'd bought four of them from my brother some months ago so we invited a couple of friends along with us, only to find on printing the tickets out today that we'd forgotten they were '2 adult-2 child family tickets'. Something tells me they're just not going to pass for under 15s...

Likewise, if someone here is short of two tickets for people 14 or under, drop me a line.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:51 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Far out you boys have been busy with the handbags... get home today and I'm 4 pages behind house prices, bubbles and bubba!

The Cayman will be the next collectable as the numbers are dropping fast http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3ac_1427743476

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?