Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 08:49 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I vote we put warwicks group shot on the FB RSG home badge as banner? John can you arrange that? The SITT one we have is 12 months old now....
Old 04-29-2015, 08:54 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Got it I think. F1.8/1.4/1.2 and a fair sized sensor are the go for handheld dusk shots aren't they.More nice shots in your stream too. Love that rock wash shot, the Mini dash detail , your street candid and especially that mono Morgan shot.

Thanks again. Its awfully nice to hear I've only been taking pics for about six months. I did a short evening course at Whitecliff to learn how to use the camera. At the time i was most proud of the Murawai shot. It took some time to get it and i got caught in the tide. Suffering for my art, haha
Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2015, 09:01 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Macca
Warwick - great lens work. I couldn't trouble you for a copy of my GT3 on Flickr too could I as I was too busy on the day to take any shots. That group shot is fantastic and my new screen saver!! If you have any more definitely post them!!! Brilliant stuff :-)
Thanks Macca. Here you go. I really like how your car turned out. I think it might become my desktop for a bit. Prob don't want to go for the original size it gets a bit grainy

https://www.flickr.com/photos/warwic...585359/sizes/l
Old 04-29-2015, 09:02 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

I vote we put warwicks group shot on the FB RSG home badge as banner? John can you arrange that? The SITT one we have is 12 months old now....
Nice one. Heres the link

https://www.flickr.com/photos/warwic...996775/sizes/l
Old 04-29-2015, 05:36 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
Thanks Macca. Here you go. I really like how your car turned out. I think it might become my desktop for a bit. Prob don't want to go for the original size it gets a bit grainy

https://www.flickr.com/photos/warwic...585359/sizes/l
Tonnes of atmosphere in that shot. End of a hard few days work for the GT3. I like it too. I must book the wife in for one of those photography classes. Love the long exposure coastal shot too. I sent the group shot to Steve Rasso. He's very pleased.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:39 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Warwick, isnt that your black 964 next to the GT3? I recropped it a bit...
Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2015, 05:57 PM
J1NX3D
Three Wheelin'

Received 115 Likes on 79 Posts

Looks like a great day.

. At the time i was most proud of the Murawai shot. It took some time to get it and i got caught in the tide. Suffering for my art, haha
Great shot! I grew up there and have seen a lot of photos of Muriwai. Very few from that perspective. Well done
Old 04-29-2015, 07:23 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Warwick, isnt that your black 964 next to the GT3? I recropped it a bit...
I think it might be. Sam's car has that lovely Heigo cage. I was just starting to find some comfort at the end of the day. I'm now starting to think about better suspension, anti-roll bars, brakes, tyres, engine mounts and a seat already. And so it begins....

Originally Posted by J1NX3D
Looks like a great day.

Great shot! I grew up there and have seen a lot of photos of Muriwai. Very few from that perspective. Well done
Thanks very much. I spent a bit of time out there as a kid. I did go for the sunset but i think i got lucky on the day as i was leaving the Gannet Colony and happened across the spot at the right time
Old 04-29-2015, 08:03 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

I've put a higher up view on the FB page. Hope that achieves the same thing. Maybe we need an RSG calendar?
Old 04-29-2015, 08:05 PM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Originally Posted by BadgerNZ
Aah gutted! No can do. Mrs Badger flies in from the UK at noon on the 11th and if I'm not there to welcome her, I can probably kiss goodbye to any tracktime for the next few years!

I'm sure there'll be some very nice hardware out there this year
Oh well. Yeah, I know of a couple of cool cars that will be at the event
Old 04-29-2015, 08:13 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

I was just starting to find some comfort at the end of the day. I'm now starting to think about better suspension, anti-roll bars, brakes, tyres, engine mounts and a seat already.
It's a slippery slope alright and an expensive one. I was just starting to home in on my old times when the rain hit, but I don't think I was having nearly as many challenges as most of you.

Bucket seats, harness and tyres are the mods I appreciate most, and a good set of brake pads.

If I were starting out again the initial spend would be with track wheels, tyres, SRF brake fluid and PFC 08 pads.

The track tyres in particular make the day that much more fun. My tyres never squealed, let loose or went off. The best feeling ever as I pushed it into try corners or left the braking a bit later.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:57 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by John McM
I've put a higher up view on the FB page. Hope that achieves the same thing. Maybe we need an RSG calendar?
That one wasn't my pic

It's a slippery slope alright and an expensive one. I was just starting to home in on my old times when the rain hit, but I don't think I was having nearly as many challenges as most of you.

Bucket seats, harness and tyres are the mods I appreciate most, and a good set of brake pads.

If I were starting out again the initial spend would be with track wheels, tyres, SRF brake fluid and PFC 08 pads.

The track tyres in particular make the day that much more fun. My tyres never squealed, let loose or went off. The best feeling ever as I pushed it into try corners or left the braking a bit later.
Good advice, thanks John. I did find it felt like there was a ton of body roll - perhaps they are all like that? I had to really brace my leg against the center console for support. The tires were very squishy towards the end of the day - and i wasn't really pushing it! Samething for the brakes - definitively upgrade the fluid and pads at the very least! Perhaps next time I should go out as a passenger in a setup 64 to see how it feels.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:35 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

That one wasn't my pic

Good advice, thanks John. I did find it felt like there was a ton of body roll - perhaps they are all like that? I had to really brace my leg against the center console for support. The tires were very squishy towards the end of the day - and i wasn't really pushing it! Samething for the brakes - definitively upgrade the fluid and pads at the very least! Perhaps next time I should go out as a passenger in a setup 64 to see how it feels.
I know it wasn't your pic Warwick. Just pandering to the masses. I've learned that everyone feels happy/included if their car is visible. The higher vantage point does that.

Getting in another 964 is a good idea. They all feel different depending on what has been modded or renewed. We can try that at the next meet if we have another road train.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:08 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

I know it wasn't your pic Warwick. Just pandering to the masses. I've learned that everyone feels happy/included if their car is visible. The higher vantage point does that.

Getting in another 964 is a good idea. They all feel different depending on what has been modded or renewed. We can try that at the next meet if we have another road train.
Fair enough. I wasn't worried all good for me, now i can see my car too
Old 04-29-2015, 10:31 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

That one wasn't my pic

See if you can swap rides with Gary and feel the difference in body roll with his. I'd replaced the suspension with Bilstein HDs and adjustible RS ARBs. Not hardcore enough to compromise the road feel but perfect for the C4 on track.

Track wheels and tyres plus a seat that holds you in place are the next mods and then after that when you start pushing hard and worrying about stressing the engine and all the other bits on a 25 year old car... then you go and buy a dedicated track car... (Aka - the Miller GT3 theorem )

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?