Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015 | 01:32 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Spotted a silver 993 Turbo today while breakfasting in Herne Bay this morning. "Mr X". Nice looking car
Old 03-29-2015 | 01:33 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
You're not going to let him get away with that one are you Paul?
I have no choice - Kev's still got my car

I saw Tim yesterday, softening the GT2 for road duties - man that car was a bargain given the bits etc., you could have sold all the high- spec fruit and spares to fund returning to a road car and got a RSG/Targa spec GT2 with cage for circa $80K.........

Another one to kick ourselves over in the next few years...........(Chris B?? )
Old 03-29-2015 | 01:37 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
I could have mentioned that the last time I saw the 993 was at Taupo when Herman was on the rampage in the wet and the 993 retired but no point using all of the lures at once.
Yes - but my car came home in 1 piece (not like others)..........

You are welcome to that victory...........

Besides, had more fun spending quality time with the missus........
Old 03-29-2015 | 01:58 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Yes - but my car came home in 1 piece (not like others).......... You are welcome to that victory........... Besides, had more fun spending quality time with the missus........
If we'd found out at the time you had a couples mani pedi you would have lost your man card on the spot
Old 03-29-2015 | 02:32 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

I have no choice - Kev's still got my car

I saw Tim yesterday, softening the GT2 for road duties - man that car was a bargain given the bits etc., you could have sold all the high- spec fruit and spares to fund returning to a road car and got a RSG/Targa spec GT2 with cage for circa $80K.........

Another one to kick ourselves over in the next few years...........(Chris B?? )
too much of a monster for Targa I think. Ice and snow are not unkown. I can't remember exactly but 2009 or 2010 I think it was snow flurries at Waiouru servicing and not sure if it was the same year but later and further south a hail storm resulted in an M3 in the bank and the following Zcar hit it and turned upside down. We were a few cars later and were waved slow down - all ok.
Slows you down for a few Km - then its all on again and forgotten....
Old 03-29-2015 | 02:54 AM
esonefour
Intermediate

4 more sleeps till I get grüne hölle back !!!
Name:  20150328_101335_zpsqbpqkzhw.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  249.0 KB
Old 03-29-2015 | 03:36 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Just back from the morning run. Chris and Me in a R convoy. It started out wet and we were both cautious. Then it cleared up and we had some fun, especially up Woodcocks Rd. Chris' car is stunning in Black. Some nice mods. He has a half cage, Monit, motorsports extinguisher, custom front strut bar and some spacers with what looks like aggressive rear camber. If you wanted to buy a Targa Tour car at a very reasonable price than sorry, it's already sold! As for Chris, I can see he's a natural fit for RSG. A set of track tyres and he'll be carving up the field.
Great stuff!! And an R playmate for you.

Yeah mate - they are static art displays these days.......... or coffee and classic's mobiles........ Give it another year or two and you can say it was all bollocks and folk stories (a bit like that phantom 997.2 GT3 circulating in 1.10's)........
BITE and hooked.

Might as well look at RL. Beats the cricket right now :-(
Old 03-29-2015 | 03:40 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Today's drive was wet as soon as we got near the hills. Stopped for a car that had slid off the road in the wet. Lots of water on the road so we took it slowly. Picton-Blenheim-Merchison-Springs Jubction-Lewis Pass-Hamner Springs. Hope the weather improves.
Attached Images  
Old 03-29-2015 | 03:43 AM
O2GO
Drifting

One more
Attached Images  
Old 03-29-2015 | 04:25 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by esonefour
Looks beautiful - those are RUF rims? Love to hear more about this car - and see it when the wrap comes off.
Old 03-29-2015 | 04:46 AM
sp1ked
Instructor

Originally Posted by esonefour
Cool! You can bring him to a team catchup soon then Looking forward to seeing the new roof.
Old 03-29-2015 | 05:34 AM
esonefour
Intermediate

Cool! You can bring him to a team catchup soon then**Looking forward to seeing the new roof
Yes definitely be cheaper on gas now (985 ish kg)
Looks beautiful - those are RUF rims? Love to hear more about this car - and see it when the wrap comes off.
Good spotting on the rims. Will get some decent photos when it's out.
Old 03-29-2015 | 06:45 AM
Moochier
Instructor

Just back from the morning run. Chris and Me in a R convoy.

It started out wet and we were both cautious. Then it cleared up and we had some fun, especially up Woodcocks Rd.

Chris' car is stunning in Black. Some nice mods. He has a half cage, Monit, motorsports extinguisher, custom front strut bar and some spacers with what looks like aggressive rear camber. If you wanted to buy a Targa Tour car at a very reasonable price than sorry, it's already sold!

As for Chris, I can see he's a natural fit for RSG. A set of track tyres and he'll be carving up the field.
Given up on the cricket for a bit...

Thanks John and everyone for the positive comments.

Well it wasn't the best day for my virgin run, pretty damn wet to start, but there was a section on woodcock rd, when the rain had stopped and some dryish patches had me testing the turn in and man I was pleased with how it felt. It just kept biting harder throughout the corner. I was too nervous of getting on the power early out of corners like I can in the RS4, especially in the wet, but I'm sure once I learn to feel it more it will be all good.

I did come home with a stupid smile on my face... So it's definitely exceeding expectation on all fronts so far!

Thanks for the company John, til next time. Ciao
Old 03-29-2015 | 06:57 AM
Moochier
Instructor

Oh and before anyone hassles me, it now has a front number plate. Spent the weekend thinking I was going to get pinged for not having one....it just seems so wrong to mount one on that bumper though!
Old 03-29-2015 | 02:45 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Moochier
Oh and before anyone hassles me, it now has a front number plate. Spent the weekend thinking I was going to get pinged for not having one....it just seems so wrong to mount one on that bumper though!
Chris, I saw another one of those German number plates after our drive. Where do you buy them?

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?