Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 10:56 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I forgot to mention Chris B won the Water Pumpers class of the PCNZ Speed Series........
Old 04-18-2015, 11:40 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Wouldn't it be great if Taupo became a renegade space? Buy laps like the Ring and go for it. A great break on a Road trip. Maybe allow new road drivers to practice on it. Free for all.
This is the most exciting thing Ive read on here for pages! Mention the word "Renegade" and you'll always get my attention!

Chris put me on the list of interested parties. I understand they would like current valuation for the property (4.5 MM approx.). Thats improvement and land value. But there is much more to this than just that. The key is a business model that will cashflow it outside of large MSNZ sanctioned event activity. Quinn can bring his own series ex Au but thats a luxury no one else has...

Pete congrats (not sure what the awards were perhaps you can elaborate). Also Chris B congrats. I think that was you 1.13.31 in the 996TT yes? My guess is Jon Warring will be all over that in the 991 GT3 this year. Cant keep down the old racers aye!
Old 04-18-2015, 11:47 PM
J1NX3D
Three Wheelin'

Received 117 Likes on 81 Posts

I saw quite a few nice cars taking advantage of the weather including a yellow cayman gts, a 991, and 3 porkers driving together, possibly on a run through the Waitaks. I forget who's who here but 2 of the plates were '911 TOY' and 'X 993 X'. Last time I saw 911 TOY it was on this turbo.
Attached Images  
Old 04-19-2015, 12:00 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 643 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Chris put me on the list of interested parties. I understand they would like current valuation for the property (4.5 MM approx.). Thats improvement and land value. But there is much more to this than just that. The key is a business model that will cashflow it outside of large MSNZ sanctioned event activity. Quinn can bring his own series ex Au but thats a luxury no one else has...
A few meets a year can hardly be the savior unless a significant audience turns up. The problem as I understand it is that the local club doesn't pay anything. There's a starter for 10. Albeit the provision of free labour by their members for marshaling probably outweighs that.

I believe you would need to start debt free (only finance when cash flows are proven) with maybe 20, 40 or 50 shareholders tops. You would need a constitution that avoids any takeovers and of course you need a business plan. I would champion a tourist RV park on the unused land and ticket access to the track when not used for meets as a fill in. Are enough people likely interested at say $100k each?
Old 04-19-2015, 12:01 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by J1NX3D
I saw quite a few nice cars taking advantage of the weather including a yellow cayman gts, a 991, and 3 porkers driving together, possibly on a run through the Waitaks. I forget who's who here but 2 of the plates were '911 TOY' and 'X 993 X'. Last time I saw 911 TOY it was on this turbo.
Ron & Paul out on the PCNZ run I suspect. Good spottin.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:10 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
A few meets a year can hardly be the savior unless a significant audience turns up. The problem as I understand it is that the local club doesn't pay anything. There's a starter for 10. Albeit the provision of free labour by their members for marshaling probably outweighs that. I believe you would need to start debt free (only finance when cash flows are proven) with maybe 20, 40 or 50 shareholders tops. You would need a constitution that avoids any takeovers and of course you need a business plan. I would champion a tourist RV park on the unused land and ticket access to the track when not used for meets as a fill in. Are enough people likely interested at say $100k each?
That all makes sense. If you could stack a business plan to show a 5% ROI I suspect you'd find enough interest in tranches of 1-200k share blocks. I'd certainly look at it and I believe I could sell down 1-2MM through a few fellow enthusiasts. Unfortunately although I'd lend a hand in the process I have too many immediate and more pressing commitments to spearhead such a project right now and my distance is a further impediment.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:48 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Ron & Paul out on the PCNZ run I suspect. Good spottin.
^^^ Correct
Old 04-19-2015, 12:58 AM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the responses on insurance/trg. I spoke to Victoria at Prestigio and she was pretty adamant it had to be a formal 'course' not an approved instructor at a track/playday. On the plus side she indicated you didn't need to redo the training annually just get regular time at the track to keep you current every year. Wonder if downforce or Mike can lean on them a bit.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:04 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

That all makes sense. If you could stack a business plan to show a 5% ROI I suspect you'd find enough interest in tranches of 1-200k share blocks. I'd certainly look at it and I believe I could sell down 1-2MM through a few fellow enthusiasts. Unfortunately although I'd lend a hand in the process I have too many immediate and more pressing commitments to spearhead such a project right now and my distance is a further impediment.
Macca, you have gone 'troppo':

Trying to get 40 equity holders to agree...(shot me now........). This would only work with a mgmt team and board in place, no debt and the abiltiy of the board to raise debt.

How do you get 40 people to agree on the maintenance plan?

Needs one 'Dictator' or won't work.........(sorry)
Attached Images  
Old 04-19-2015, 01:10 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

LOL! Sasha was the guy I had in mind!

Agree with what you say. Naturally all those structures would need putting in place. Id probably favour 4-5 key shareholders or one venture capitalist partner. I've never put together a deal greater than 5MM that had more than 5 separate shareholder parties - it was a large Island - and that worked fine with the correct structures and shareholders agreements in place. It always works fine till it doesn't of course :-)
Old 04-19-2015, 01:25 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

LOL! Sasha was the guy I had in mind!

Agree with what you say. Naturally all those structures would need putting in place. Id probably favour 4-5 key shareholders or one venture capitalist partner. I've never put together a deal greater than 5MM that had more than 5 separate shareholder parties - it was a large Island - and that worked fine with the correct structures and shareholders agreements in place. It always works fine till it doesn't of course :-)
Would be kinda cool. Maybe RSG could be one of these key stake holders. I would negotiate hard for garage storage and a box seat (basically what an Apt at HD provides you)..........
Old 04-19-2015, 01:30 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Thanks for the responses on insurance/trg. I spoke to Victoria at Prestigio and she was pretty adamant it had to be a formal 'course' not an approved instructor at a track/playday. .
^^^ Rules may have changed - but this was what I agreed via my broker last year (Downforce tuition via a Play Day). I shared Stu Owers with Chris M and sent in a copy of the invoice as evidence of training.

I think the best course of action is to get Razzo to talk to Mike at Prestegio directly, he was the one that negotiated RSG inclusion and numbers of cars on the track etc.

Maybe he can get a written statement of what is acceptable for all to clearly understand, as it would apprear the goal posts might be shifting a little.

Cheers
PJ
Old 04-19-2015, 03:20 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Racing Ray and Steve R will both be doing instruction that day - based on the numbers who have indicated they would like tuition I'd say you should get a couple of 15 min sessions.

There will also be a 20-30 min on-track session at the start of the day doing laps in groups of 4-5 cars following lines behind Ray/Steve. Will start slow and gradually build so you can get a feel for the flow of the track.

Ray/Steve will run through the formats at driver briefing at the start of the day. I'll be sending an email with the timings and how the day will run in the next day or so.
Thanks Pete. I wasn't sure if it was still on. That's great news. I'm to invest in a suit this week and am dead set keen for the day to begin
Old 04-19-2015, 03:22 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
^^^ Rules may have changed - but this was what I agreed via my broker last year (Downforce tuition via a Play Day). I shared Stu Owers with Chris M and sent in a copy of the invoice as evidence of training.

I think the best course of action is to get Razzo to talk to Mike at Prestegio directly, he was the one that negotiated RSG inclusion and numbers of cars on the track etc.

Maybe he can get a written statement of what is acceptable for all to clearly understand, as it would apprear the goal posts might be shifting a little.

Cheers
PJ
Good idea Paul. But a carte blanche "you must do an approved driving course" and I'm out. Happy to support Prestigo but past track experience must not be discounted by them in favour of mandating a driving course.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:32 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spent breakfast and a good part of the morning with the early 911 group. Being something of a Porsche neophyte had my first taste of a 356. What a great experience. Lovely car. So much charm and smelt like an old car should. The green dials are beautiful. Also was a great collection of long hoods and some entertaining first hand stories of the racing history of one of the cars

A couple of kids of the owner of the cafe were entranced by the cars. Particularly the girl. Both got a drive in a couple of the cars. Future pcar custodians in the making me thinks

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?