Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 07:44 AM
Spokes
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
F1 is good. I really like the 918 in the flesh. Looks A LOT better than photos suggest.

New F1 cars sound too quiet. Carrera Cup cars sound really-really cool!!!
Excited, I will be there on Sunday.

S
Old 03-13-2015, 08:30 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spokes
Excited, I will be there on Sunday.

S
Simon - it would be good to meet you, my mb is 021 752 245. We are on Turn 3.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:42 AM
Spokes
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 145 Posts

Simon - it would be good to meet you, my mb is 021 752 245. We are on Turn 3.
PM'ed.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:57 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-858413673.htm

Beautifully spec'ed car.

Now - I just need to find that $189K under the sofa??
Old 03-13-2015, 10:20 AM
mjharrisonnz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Taking the P1 to the track - I'm liking it...........

So who's driving the P1 and what sort of 7/10th's lap is on offer - could affect my bid

Good on you for doing this Matt.
Will probably look at getting a pro driver to take the winner for the hot laps so they get the best bang for buck.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:22 AM
mjharrisonnz
Instructor

Originally Posted by nzskater
Nice one Matt, good on you for giving the unwashed a chance to perv at the cars. Am sure the hot laps will result in a decent contribution to the cause.
We are trying to work on a sponsored chopper flight from AKL to the track as well to make the prize more tempting.....
Old 03-13-2015, 10:25 AM
mjharrisonnz
Instructor

F1 is good. I really like the 918 in the flesh. Looks A LOT better than photos suggest.

New F1 cars sound too quiet. Carrera Cup cars sound really-really cool!!!
On Sunday i'll be riding shotgun in that LaF on track.....
Old 03-13-2015, 01:02 PM
Leong72
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SITT 2015 - Teretonga Friday 13 March

Woke up to a cloudy day then the rain came just after drivers briefing. It wasn't that warm. Ambulance hadn't arrived so we did multiple familiarisation laps trying to dry the track. Three groups of cars, Prestige, Fast and Slow. In Prestige were Joe in a GTR, John B of Prestigio in a C4S Targa, John N in a white Lotus Evora S, Playdays Tony in his newly acquired Lotus Exige, a Cayman S and AC cobra, me, and later Robert (Wgtn) in his 993 Carrera RS circulated in our group.

First two sessions were wet and cold. Hot pies sold well when they arrived after session 1. Not too much drama - a few people spun but no hold ups to proceedings. Then the wind came up, hot sun out and the track dried to a nice clean surface. The M5 went well, MPSC2 tyres a big improvement over the MPSS's I used last year and the brake pad upgrade well worthwhile also. Had good fun on track with Joe but he was a bit down in power, he thought from using 95 fuel. I'd filled up in Dunedin and driven down (200km) carefully at 9.4l/100km, then topped up the 80l tank with 95. My car was feeling good and those tyres were putting power to ground much better too. Looks like he's my playmate for this tour

Robert came to me, introduced himself and offered to give me some instruction in session 4. I was a little sceptical as I didn't know who he was but agreed. Turned out to be very useful as he showed me more appropriate lines that would reduce the weight transfer through the esses. Principles of minimal steering wheel movements also got me thinking and got me smoother. In the next session by chance I caught him up and got to follow him thru the tighter portion of the track, or at least try to. Quite amazed by the speed he carried into the turns and how he maintained it. In our seventh session he got permission for me to go out as passenger in his RS. There was only one other car circulating. That was a pretty amazing experience. His car has absolutely no body roll, tons of grip and seemed to respond well to every steering movement. Also got to experience his bucket seats and six point harness, which I'll definitely get in the GT4. Seemed a perfect end to a great day at the track. Porsche guys seem to be pretty cool!!

On to Highlands on Monday where we start at 12.30 pm. Should still get plenty of track time with only three groups.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:08 PM
Ponto
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Leong72
Woke up to a cloudy day then the rain came just after drivers briefing. It wasn't that warm. Ambulance hadn't arrived so we did multiple familiarisation laps trying to dry the track. Three groups of cars, Prestige, Fast and Slow. In Prestige were Joe in a GTR, John B of Prestigio in a C4S Targa, John N in a white Lotus Evora S, Playdays Tony in his newly acquired Lotus Exige, a Cayman S and AC cobra, me, and later Robert (Wgtn) in his 993 Carrera RS circulated in our group.

First two sessions were wet and cold. Hot pies sold well when they arrived after session 1. Not too much drama - a few people spun but no hold ups to proceedings. Then the wind came up, hot sun out and the track dried to a nice clean surface. The M5 went well, MPSC2 tyres a big improvement over the MPSS's I used last year and the brake pad upgrade well worthwhile also. Had good fun on track with Joe but he was a bit down in power, he thought from using 95 fuel. I'd filled up in Dunedin and driven down (200km) carefully at 9.4l/100km, then topped up the 80l tank with 95. My car was feeling good and those tyres were putting power to ground much better too. Looks like he's my playmate for this tour

Robert came to me, introduced himself and offered to give me some instruction in session 4. I was a little sceptical as I didn't know who he was but agreed. Turned out to be very useful as he showed me more appropriate lines that would reduce the weight transfer through the esses. Principles of minimal steering wheel movements also got me thinking and got me smoother. In the next session by chance I caught him up and got to follow him thru the tighter portion of the track, or at least try to. Quite amazed by the speed he carried into the turns and how he maintained it. In our seventh session he got permission for me to go out as passenger in his RS. There was only one other car circulating. That was a pretty amazing experience. His car has absolutely no body roll, tons of grip and seemed to respond well to every steering movement. Also got to experience his bucket seats and six point harness, which I'll definitely get in the GT4. Seemed a perfect end to a great day at the track. Porsche guys seem to be pretty cool!!

On to Highlands on Monday where we start at 12.30 pm. Should still get plenty of track time with only three groups.
Hi Leong72, Sounds like a fun day at Teratonga, the infield section is great for practising carrying speed through turn in, very rewarding part of the track when you get it right. I'll be at Highlands on Monday for a look so will come say hi, unfortunately the race car is still up on stands getting some tlc so wont be running but will be good to see you guys having fun
Old 03-13-2015, 06:57 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Leong72 - thanks for posting this mate. Keep the undates coming.

Being a 993 RS fan - can you post pics, of the cars so we can ogle them and get motiviated for the guys doing teh 2016 SITT...............

Robert is a nice guy.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:31 PM
Moochier
Instructor

Being a 993 RS fan - can you post pics, of the cars so we can ogle them and get motiviated for the guys doing teh 2016 SITT...............

Robert is a nice guy.
Or just pics of any cars! Feeling jealous right now... Is there a NITT planned for this year at all?
Old 03-13-2015, 11:51 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Moochier
Or just pics of any cars! Feeling jealous right now... Is there a NITT planned for this year at all?
Yep - booked 10-13 Sep. I'll post up on RSG soon.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:14 AM
Leong72
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ponto
Hi Leong72, Sounds like a fun day at Teratonga, the infield section is great for practising carrying speed through turn in, very rewarding part of the track when you get it right. I'll be at Highlands on Monday for a look so will come say hi, unfortunately the race car is still up on stands getting some tlc so wont be running but will be good to see you guys having fun
Yup, I'm easy to spot... Biggest car there

Robert is a nice guy.
Originally Posted by Moochier
Failed with photos this time around. I've been for rides in two very special P cars this trip and have none to show... Yet. I'll do better at Highlands etc. There's not a huge number of P cars this time around.

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Yep - booked 10-13 Sep. I'll post up on RSG soon.
I might have the GT4 by then.... Fingers crossed!!
Old 03-14-2015, 01:35 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

What have you got planned for the days in between the track days Leong? Beautiful part of the world to just go cruising

You better have the GT4!! So I can book a passenger ride!!
Old 03-14-2015, 02:03 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
You better have the GT4!! So I can book a passenger ride!!
Shameless Pete - it's something like that Miller fella would say......

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?