Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 07:07 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Yeah - about 1 in 3 of John's immediate neighbours owns a Pcar. Of them - most own 2 or more?? Lifestyles of the 'Rich and Famous' in Kohi
Yeh, yeh, yeh. How's the F1? I would go but my 'Rich and Famous' lifestyle has me traveling back to NZ in the lowest logical fare...back of the bus.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:27 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nmaisey
Yeah pretty much,

Have got new bilstein HD's with H&R sport springs and they are on the lowest setting. Which for me needs to be slightly lower to match the rear, but as it sits now, we dont have enough thread to corner balance (if we want) at that height.

Theres no hurry though as Im still waiting from my RS droplinks to arrive
That's a nice combo - HDs & H&R. Bugger about the droplinks though - I sold a brand new set to another Rennlister not that long ago as couldn't use the front ones with the RS sway bar on the C4. And they went cheap.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:29 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Anyone doing the Porsche Drive on Sunday and know if it is going anywhere near Pirongia? Maybe not that far South? Looking at options to hitch a ride back to Akl on the return drive.

Cheers
Old 03-12-2015, 07:33 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
That's a nice combo - HDs & H&R. Bugger about the droplinks though - I sold a brand new set to another Rennlister not that long ago as couldn't use the front ones with the RS sway bar on the C4. And they went cheap.
Meet at BP Drury Service Centre (Southern Motorway after Papakura Exit 458)
9:45 am for a 10:00 am departure.

Here is an opportunity to drive your Porsche in the way it was built to drive. Like many things in life this drive is much more about the journey than the destination, with interesting and twisty sealed back roads with little other traffic. There will be no distractions looking for clues just keep your eyes on the road and enjoy the spirit of the drive.

Lunch is at Hillside Hotel on the top of the Taupiri ranges offering panoramic views of iconic New Zealand landscape.

That's all I know. Steve is going. I'll check how far Taupiri is to Pirongia.

Edit it's an extra 53km. Maybe Doug and I can take a detour.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:52 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by mjharrisonnz
Def black wheels - and a green cage.

My P1 and CGT will be on display next weekend at Turners In Penrose along with a F40, F50, Enzo and Ferrai Daytona if anyone is interested in seeing a few cars.

Should be quite a cool collection to have together and a good opportunity to purchase a new car at Turners :-)
Nice one Matt, good on you for giving the unwashed a chance to perv at the cars. Am sure the hot laps will result in a decent contribution to the cause.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:21 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by John McM
Yeh, yeh, yeh. How's the F1? I would go but my 'Rich and Famous' lifestyle has me traveling back to NZ in the lowest logical fare...back of the bus.
Statistically the safest part of the bus
Old 03-12-2015, 08:29 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Meet at BP Drury Service Centre (Southern Motorway after Papakura Exit 458)
9:45 am for a 10:00 am departure.
I hope Pam doesn't get in the way of a good time
Old 03-12-2015, 08:31 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
I hope Pam doesn't get in the way of a good time
C4 weather so fine for Herman. Not sure about Lola the C2 or the newer cars. The rain forecast suggests we will miss the worst of it anyway.

Hope Macca's places will be ok in Vila. I've been through many cyclones in my 13 years in the Pacific and they are S;(t scary. Most people don't realise that wind force is not directly proportional to speed. 100 knots will blow a lot of roofs off and the iron becomes deadly. Fingers crossed for all those with more at risk than a clean P car.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:42 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

C4 weather so fine for Herman. Not sure about Lola the C2 or the newer cars. The rain forecast suggests we will miss the worst of it anyway.

Hope Macca's places will be ok in Vila. I've been through many cyclones in my 13 years in the Pacific and they are S;(t scary. Most people don't realise that wind force is not directly proportional to speed. 100 knots will blow a lot of roofs off and the iron becomes deadly. Fingers crossed for all those with more at risk than a clean P car.
Well said John. Hopefully, we should get away with a bit of a blow only. Those poor folks in the islands are at a much higher risk. I've lived through earthquakes but find winds blowing at a dangerous level far more frightening
Old 03-12-2015, 08:58 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
Well said John. Hopefully, we should get away with a bit of a blow only. Those poor folks in the islands are at a much higher risk. I've lived through earthquakes but find winds blowing at a dangerous level far more frightening
First one I went through was early 1993. Thought I was bullet proof as a Wellingtonian. Nothing prepared me for it. It was like someone had a fire hose behind a 737 engine parked in front of the apartment. Water goes absolutely everywhere and you daren't go outside with iron and debris being flung around. Only positive is that you are warm through it.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:16 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Edit it's an extra 53km. Maybe Doug and I can take a detour.
Ta - let me know if feasible. I have another option available if I need or will do a backload of one of the EP stable!

Yes - been thinking about Macca's place in Vanuatu which is pretty low lying if I remember - fingers crossed because he and Jo are a long way away.

If anything will bring him out of Rennlist exile its something like this.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:22 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Ta - let me know if feasible. I have another option available if I need or will do a backload of one of the EP stable!

Yes - been thinking about Macca's place in Vanuatu which is pretty low lying if I remember - fingers crossed because he and Jo are a long way away.

If anything will bring him out of Rennlist exile its something like this.
Will do. Meeting Doug tomorrow morning to try and sort out Lola's idle.

As for Macca, he's still posting elsewhere on Rennlist so isn't in complete exile.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:55 PM
993 Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone here ordered Jackpoint stands from America? I seem to recall them being discussed before. I'd be interested to know the price for a set of 4 landed in NZ.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:25 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993 Targa
Has anyone here ordered Jackpoint stands from America? I seem to recall them being discussed before. I'd be interested to know the price for a set of 4 landed in NZ.
Last year, Warwick (Pcarplayer) sourced the deal of the century for sets of ESCO stands. I brought them in myself and it was a far more expensive exercise. I'll let Warwick pass on any info he has.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:40 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Yes - been thinking about Macca's place in Vanuatu which is pretty low lying if I remember - fingers crossed because he and Jo are a long way away..
Live views of Vila. Looks pretty calm so far. How I managed 10 years there is beyond me. It did allow me to afford the Turbo 3.6 though, so not all bad.

http://www.telsatbb.vu/Public_Cams.aspx

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?