Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 01:02 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
John. Did you get a follow up dyno yet on the C4? Interested.
No spare time yet. I have a week off before Easter so am hoping to get it sorted then. In the meantime Herman has taken the 'go jack' position in the garage.

Looking at a wideband logging system from Innovate to get some AFR numbers before then. Also looking at a rear blower delete and completing an oil change, brake bleed.

While Herman has a never ending list the Cayenne might get a wash and the R needs nothing.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:05 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
I kinda like the 964 Targa and being a manual this seems ok priced depending on maintenance etc http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-844693279.htm
Prices dont really seem to be going up much on these do they?

Im going to wax on again with my personal bugbear - presentation. Look at the engine bay - looks like its hasnt seen a clean in 10 years or has recently done Paris to Dakar! And the seat swab. Is that hiding sin or has someone just made no effort to remove it for the pictures? Whats wrong with giving it a clean and given a polish? Owner says imported in 1992 but rego shows 02/05 as first registration (for some reason I cant load carjam to check).

Likely a good buy....
Old 02-08-2015, 01:08 AM
mrphil
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
I'm guessing you purchased the GT3??
Yes picked her up yesterday, what a car!!
Old 02-08-2015, 01:09 AM
mrphil
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RS ZWEI
Who ended up purchasing the white 997.1 GT3 CS? I see it is no longer on TM.
I did, were you after it as well?
Old 02-08-2015, 01:10 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
No spare time yet. I have a week off before Easter so am hoping to get it sorted then. In the meantime Herman has taken the 'go jack' position in the garage.

Looking at a wideband logging system from Innovate to get some AFR numbers before then. Also looking at a rear blower delete and completing an oil change, brake bleed.

While Herman has a never ending list the Cayenne might get a wash and the R needs nothing.
Amen to that (Cayenne & Cayman that is)! Sorry forgot youve been away! Why do your own AFR, wouldnt it be better to run it up on the rolling road and get David to map/trim it live? Kills two birds with one stone - sounds like its rich as lower RPM so perhaps less risk?
Rear blower delete was an easy one - youll have no trouble with the electrical side of that and it gets a bit of dead weight out the back.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:17 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Im going to wax on again with my personal bugbear - presentation. Look at the engine bay - looks like its hasnt seen a clean in 10 years or has recently done Paris to Dakar! And the seat swab. Is that hiding sin or has someone just made no effort to remove it for the pictures? Whats wrong with giving it a clean and given a polish? Owner says imported in 1992 but rego shows 02/05 as first registration (for some reason I cant load carjam to check).

Likely a good buy....
I thoroughly agree mate and advertising pics is a pet peeve of mine. I go one step further when selling and even do a short YouTube vid which has always been mentioned by the buyer as a reason why they looked at my motorbike, boat or whatever.

This 964 could be a bit like Maxems recent purchase though if sound and purchased at the right price. Quick tidy, engine bay clean up etc and some good pics would present a different proposition. I'd rather a Targa Top than a Cab but wouldn't want a C4.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:17 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mrphil
MrPhil. BIG congratulations!! Welcome to the GT3 family. Looks like a magic bus. Enjoy!
Old 02-08-2015, 01:20 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

I kinda like the 964 Targa and being a manual this seems ok priced depending on maintenance etc http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-844693279.htm
I like it. Would pick it up, but am cash poor currently and not interested in borrowing to buy cars!

Does anyone have a copy of pcm 2.1 New Zealand maps on dvd? Is that is all that's need to change the nav from uk to nz?
I looked into this for my turbo; the latest maps available for our PCM are now 7 years old. I ditched the idea in favour of installing a Dension 500S BT and getting an NKMOS phone mount. Run a USB cable over to the drivers door and have the phone mounted just above the dash.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:20 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I thoroughly agree mate and advertising pics is a pet peeve of mine. I go one step further when selling and even do a short YouTube vid which has always been mentioned by the buyer as a reason why they looked at my motorbike, boat or whatever.

This 964 could be a bit like Maxems recent purchase though if sound and purchased at the right price. Quick tidy, engine bay clean up etc and some good pics would present a different proposition. I'd rather a Targa Top than a Cab but wouldn't want a C4.
Agree 100% on all points.

Yes a C4 Targa is pushing the boat out a bit as a driver car but I agree a spruce up and some proper marketing could make it 42K. Problem is you could spend 4K to get there keeping fingers crossed nothing big goes bang in the meantime! Maybe a sight-unseen project for Big Dave (Maxem), but I think even he would concede its a risky business...
Old 02-08-2015, 01:22 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

And the seat swab.
You could always make him an offer to sell it separately for the GT3 mate
Old 02-08-2015, 01:25 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

You could always make him an offer to sell it separately for the GT3 mate
Might help my short *** to see above the dash aye;-P
Old 02-08-2015, 01:37 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It is customary to post "look at my new car photos" on here once you make a new purchase

Looking forward to seeing them...........

(and go by a lazer jammer while you still have your license)
Old 02-08-2015, 01:42 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

1,500kg 911 with chassis flex..........

I know 964's are the most recently discovered 'holy grail', but it's strictly a cruiser.........
Old 02-08-2015, 01:44 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
1,500kg 911 with chassis flex..........

I know 964's are the most recently discovered 'holy grail', but it's strictly a cruiser.........
Oh yeah, agree.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:51 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Agree 100% on all points.

Yes a C4 Targa is pushing the boat out a bit as a driver car but I agree a spruce up and some proper marketing could make it 42K. Problem is you could spend 4K to get there keeping fingers crossed nothing big goes bang in the meantime! Maybe a sight-unseen project for Big Dave (Maxem), but I think even he would concede its a risky business...
When all the manual coupes have gone stratospheric, I might start to like manual Targa's and then tipo's some distance there after. Bottom of the heap is a Jap import tipo cab 964. Or maybe a 996.2 cow eyed tipo cabrio. Hard line I know.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?