Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 10:17 PM
cliffjumper
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J1NX3D
+1. Electronic Arts holds the licence for Porsche so Sony couldn't use Porsche. EA should re-do NFS Porsche Unleashed.
That 996 turbo in the intro...

Old 03-03-2015, 10:25 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gt38088
I have a sensor on my MFI engine and running 12.x - cant remember exactly, need to go look
Hummm MFI - my favourate Porsche engine..........

Love the popping off throttle.

It's synthetic now in the PDK's.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:29 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Racoguy's ECU gave me an average of 11.7 across the the rev range. As said above it was 11.3 with my ECU and SW chip. The book I'm reading talks about aiming for 0.9 lambda. Other material I've read says be more conservative with air cooled motors. I will hope for high 12.x and keep well below 13.5. I don't want it overheating or overfueling.
So if i understand, even for idle and low throttle positions the books recommend the same AFR as at WOT?

I had a look at the Innovate solution you suggested. Looks a good way to accurately log your WB AFR's. Sadly with a completely open loop system and the ECU I have there is no way to act upon the results
Old 03-03-2015, 11:19 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 626 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
So if i understand, even for idle and low throttle positions the books recommend the same AFR as at WOT? I had a look at the Innovate solution you suggested. Looks a good way to accurately log your WB AFR's. Sadly with a completely open loop system and the ECU I have there is no way to act upon the results
I don't recall any different targets for AFR across the rev/load range. I will recheck the book tonight.

That said you are right, knowing your AFR is no use if you can't do anything about it. The SC kit is a big step in cost, but gives a lot of future proofing. It will be interesting to see if it gives me an advantage on 28/4. I'm hoping so as I don't want Lola hunting me.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:21 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Hummm MFI - my favourate Porsche engine..........

Love the popping off throttle.

It's synthetic now in the PDK's.
yea definitely runs rich. probably flames out the back on occasion when hot on the over run
Old 03-04-2015, 12:22 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

I don't recall any different targets for AFR across the rev/load range. I will recheck the book tonight.

That said you are right, knowing your AFR is no use if you can't do anything about it. The SC kit is a big step in cost, but gives a lot of future proofing. It will be interesting to see if it gives me an advantage on 28/4. I'm hoping so as I don't want Lola hunting me.
I wonder if it would be possible to use just the Typhoon 2 ECU sans injectors and other gubbons. Of course a different base map and some dyno would be necessary. Of course I'm asking in the name optimization rather than outright performance.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:33 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
I wonder if it would be possible to use just the Typhoon 2 ECU sans injectors and other gubbons. Of course a different base map and some dyno would be necessary. Of course I'm asking in the name optimization rather than outright performance.
The big plus for me was a turn key installation which was what I got. Not sure the rewards make a partial install worthwhile.

How is your idle going? If a new IACV and different ECU make no difference then maybe you have an air leak somewhere?
Old 03-04-2015, 12:42 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

The big plus for me was a turn key installation which was what I got. Not sure the rewards make a partial install worthwhile.

How is your idle going? If a new IACV and different ECU make no difference then maybe you have an air leak somewhere?
It's not too bad. Not perfect but quite drivable. Could be a vacuum leak. I found out how to test for it the other day and the idea of spraying additional combustibles around the engine is a little freaky and perhaps left to the more experienced I think it will be one of those things I'll just slowly chase over time
Old 03-04-2015, 12:44 AM
racoguy
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by RS ZWEI
I agree the grading isnt great, just ok. About the condition of a standard 10 year old NZ car?
Are you sure its not real? Ive heard other places that the VIN is correct.
A kind of rule of thumb is Japanese car auctions sell for around double the start price.
Grade 3 is due to guard replaced, would normally be an R grade.
Interior grade B and not many marks on exterior confirm that it will be a nice car.
Double the start price has never turned out that way for me, auction prices are all over the place.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:03 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I've bought 4 of my 5 Porsches from offshore sight unseen. Cheapest and riskiest was 968 6spd ex Japan. Wasn't a bad buy. If I'm spending 200+ km I need more than a Japanese auction can give me. I need someone I trust to look over the car. This one is out of my comfort zone so happy for someone else to give it a go...

GT4 videos released last night. Have to say I got quite excited! I'm going white. I've decided to do buckets and borrow a 997 comfort seat from a contact in Europe for Jo to use passenger side for a few months. Haven't told her yet. Bit scared to actually! White is for cup cars and GT cars I reckon :-)
Old 03-04-2015, 01:27 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Sorry for the silly question but can anyone tell me how the frunk lid option sticker is aligned on a 964? My guess is that its centered, just behind the catch with the top of the sticker closest to the lids edge?
Old 03-04-2015, 01:54 AM
esonefour
Intermediate

Wow no need to get mad, I'm more than a gran tourismo "fan"
I've been to Pfaffenhausen, I've actual got photos of the original mnp911.
All I was trying to say is that only the BTR CTR etc were
"vinned" Rufs though it didn't stop Gunther getting his 930 and asking for the works.
I thought this was a friendly page like minded people about like minded cars.
Peace.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:57 AM
mjg
Pro

Sounds like the Taupo offer from Quinn was turned down. Not sure what this'll mean for Taupo's future, I'm hoping the club can find a way to make it work. I suspect if Quinn had succeed in acquiring the track it'd end up like Highlands, inaccessible to 99% of Kiwi motorsport enthusiasts.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:59 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mjg
Sounds like the Taupo offer from Quinn was turned down. Not sure what this'll mean for Taupo's future, I'm hoping the club can find a way to make it work. I suspect if Quinn had succeed in acquired the track it'd end up like Highlands, inaccessible to 99% of Kiwi motorsport enthusiasts.
Very likely. Matt B gave us some background. Apparently the Taupo club pays nothing for the track for their events and takes many of the best dates. Their finances are healthy whereas track is not.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:00 AM
mjg
Pro

Originally Posted by esonefour
Wow no need to get mad, I'm more than a gran tourismo "fan"
I've been to Pfaffenhausen, I've actual got photos of the original mnp911.
All I was trying to say is that only the BTR CTR etc were
"vinned" Rufs though it didn't stop Gunther getting his 930 and asking for the works.
I thought this was a friendly page like minded people about like minded cars.
Peace.
Don't take it too personally, everyone's pretty friendly here but there's a huge mix of personalities posting. Macca likes to discuss numbers and technical details a lot, sometimes it's safer to just roll your eyes and move on.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?